05-01-2013 03:06 AM
53 123
tools
    Like I said on the main post

It's for Instagram and how it will have Lens support as well. That's all there is =)
    04-25-2013 03:40 PM
    It pretty much has to have old specs until Microsoft opens up the chassis specs, right? So it's not really Verizon or Nokia doing the dragging as far as specs go. I could give a crap less about specs in all honesty. My 8X runs amazingly smooth; better than the Droid DNA that has literally double the processing power and double the RAM. I know most of you *think* that "specs are important because customers like high numbers," but that's not the case. Majority of customers walk into a VZW store and want a phone that's "good," has a "good camera," and "won't be outdated in two months."
    04-26-2013 06:31 AM
    14th ---> 41 mpx
    10 am to 4 pm --> 10+4 = 14 ---> 41 mpx

Or, could be possible a new 14 mpx phone? Probably pureview phase 3 would have a 14 mpx phone in order to preserve a thiner phone and because of the Windows Phone specs...

I preffer, obviously, the 41 mpx one. I don't care having a thick phone, while it has a big sensor, a big battery and a Xenon flash...

The call icon suggest it's a phone (not a tablet), and the icons look like a WP...
    04-26-2013 07:38 AM
    Nokia Lumia 928 is early coming soon in the month of May, 2013.
    04-26-2013 08:03 AM
    It pretty much has to have old specs until Microsoft opens up the chassis specs, right? So it's not really Verizon or Nokia doing the dragging as far as specs go. I could give a crap less about specs in all honesty. My 8X runs amazingly smooth; better than the Droid DNA that has literally double the processing power and double the RAM. I know most of you *think* that "specs are important because customers like high numbers," but that's not the case. Majority of customers walk into a VZW store and want a phone that's "good," has a "good camera," and "won't be outdated in two months."
    This is a good point about MS but it also points out exactly why the 928 will most likely be a huge failure for Verizon. If it is released on May 2nd or 9th, and, as is speculated, Nokia announces the EOS with a 41 MP camera on May 14th followed by an announcement that it will be an ATT exclusive device in the US, then the 928 will "be outdated in 2 months". What reason would I have to stay with Verizon? It has been written in the forums elsewhere that Verizon really wants WP to succeed because the phones are much less costly for them compared to Androids and iPhones, but they don't act like a company that wants WP to succeed. Releasing a warmed-over version of last year's phone instead a flagship phone with Nokia's newest technology (despite the restrictions with MS specs) only proves this.
    Zomby Jeezus likes this.
    04-26-2013 08:52 AM
    interesting short article on AAWP - Rafe is usually pretty much spot on his analysis of Nokia...
    Nokia launch event set for May 14th in London
    04-26-2013 11:27 AM
    I am off contract at TMobile and can go with either ATT and Verizon. In my area Verizon has better coverage than ATT but ATT is much better than TMo. So I can go either with ATT or Verizon. I was going to purchase (or pre-order) the 928 on day 1. Now I will wait until after Nokia's announcment on 5/14 before deciding if I will get the 928 on Verizon or wait for the EOS on ATT.
    Zomby Jeezus likes this.
    04-26-2013 11:28 AM
    This is a good point about MS but it also points out exactly why the 928 will most likely be a huge failure for Verizon. If it is released on May 2nd or 9th, and, as is speculated, Nokia announces the EOS with a 41 MP camera on May 14th followed by an announcement that it will be an ATT exclusive device in the US, then the 928 will "be outdated in 2 months". What reason would I have to stay with Verizon? It has been written in the forums elsewhere that Verizon really wants WP to succeed because the phones are much less costly for them compared to Androids and iPhones, but they don't act like a company that wants WP to succeed. Releasing a warmed-over version of last year's phone instead a flagship phone with Nokia's newest technology (despite the restrictions with MS specs) only proves this.
    The reason (for me anyway) to stay with Verizon is the quality of the network. Clearly T-Mobile and Sprint are cheaper but overall the network quality and coverage isn't a good as Verizon. AT&T has a much better phone selection but their network quality isn't quite there, although it seems to be getting closer with all the LTE markets they are adding. The question is are you willing to sign a two year contract with one of these other carriers and risk going through the hassle of poor network quality.
    04-26-2013 12:58 PM
    The reason (for me anyway) to stay with Verizon is the quality of the network. Clearly T-Mobile and Sprint are cheaper but overall the network quality and coverage isn't a good as Verizon. AT&T has a much better phone selection but their network quality isn't quite there, although it seems to be getting closer with all the LTE markets they are adding. The question is are you willing to sign a two year contract with one of these other carriers and risk going through the hassle of poor network quality.
    So it's a question of putting up with a non-optimal phone and a good network (Verizon) or a not as good network with cutting edge phones (ATT). Why can't we have it all ...
    04-26-2013 03:03 PM
    So it's a question of putting up with a non-optimal phone and a good network (Verizon) or a not as good network with cutting edge phones (ATT). Why can't we have it all ...
    the network claims are just brand loyal crap. I don't have any "network" problems with AT&T here in Los Angeles. Customer service, especially their horrific online forums? Yes, but the network is just fine.

It shocks me how cultishly loyal people can be to a signal pusher. They all suck at pretty much the same level.
    04-26-2013 03:13 PM
    It depends on where you live. In St. Louis, Verizon provides a much more stable network, faster speeds, and much better coverage than any of the other wireless carriers. So while Los Angeles may be blanketed, that does not necessarily apply to the rest of the country.
    04-26-2013 03:34 PM
    the network claims are just brand loyal crap. I don't have any "network" problems with AT&T here in Los Angeles. Customer service, especially their horrific online forums? Yes, but the network is just fine.

It shocks me how cultishly loyal people can be to a signal pusher. They all suck at pretty much the same level.
    No, they're not. It all depends on location. I get 4 bars of LTE on Verizon at home, and when someone was at my house with an ATT phone, they couldn't make a call. My step-daughter's phone on Sprint drops calls at the house. One place I used to work, I put a Verizon repeater on the roof because NONE of the carriers had a signal (terrain blocking the signal at our plant). I put up an ATT repeater as well, but it took LOTS of time and effort for the guys from the communications company who installed it to get it right, because ATT was so resistant to allowing them to have the data they needed to tune the thing.

There are places where ATT is better, places where Verizon is better, and places where there is no notable difference. But overall, Verizon's network is better. Don't be a judge just based on where you happen to live.
    04-26-2013 03:35 PM
    No, they're not. It all depends on location. I get 4 bars of LTE on Verizon at home, and when someone was at my house with an ATT phone, they couldn't make a call. My step-daughter's phone on Sprint drops calls at the house. One place I used to work, I put a Verizon repeater on the roof because NONE of the carriers had a signal (terrain blocking the signal at our plant). I put up an ATT repeater as well, but it took LOTS of time and effort for the guys from the communications company who installed it to get it right, because ATT was so resistant to allowing them to have the data they needed to tune the thing.

There are places where ATT is better, places where Verizon is better, and places where there is no notable difference. But overall, Verizon's network is better. Don't be a judge just based on where you happen to live.
    agreed - its very difficult to determine if a carrier will "work for you" without trying it for several days to a week.
    I am in Houston - have ATT, and have been thinking of switching to TMo or Verizon - but how on earth can i do that without committing to a device (in the case of Verizon) from them or at very least, getting service from them.
    I dont know of a good online resource that reliably shows who has what frequency and where - never mind how well it works.
    04-26-2013 03:45 PM

It's not brand loyal crap. Not everybody lives in a big city. You live in Los Angeles so obviously you are going to have a lot of choices. I live in a smallish town so Sprint and T-Mobile are garbage. Verizon has had good LTE coverage for awhile so they historically have had by far the best service. We just got AT&T LTE service here so I'm actually thinking of switching given their better phone selection but prior to getting LTE they were no where near the quality of Verizon.
    04-26-2013 03:52 PM
    Where I live AT&T has Faux G HSPA+ some places, just in town mostly. Verizon has 100% 4G LTE like every where. In town, outskirts, all of it.
    04-26-2013 09:36 PM
    EOS + Instagram. You can all thank me later. Send me flowers and I won't mind a box of chocolates as well.

P.S. even my post is #41
    04-26-2013 09:46 PM
    Still no announcement for the 928, but so many rumors about this next flagship phone, the EOS and it being exclusive to AT&T. I don't know about the rest of you, but I choose carriers first due to coverage area. I voiced my disappointment before to Nokia about having the 920 being exclusive to AT&T when it was released. Granted I am just 1 person.

I recently sent @NokiaCaresUS a tweet. I basically said that if they release their next flagship phone and make it exclusive to AT&T again, I was going to boycott them all together. As a community, if we all send a similar message to them, we may make a difference. I like having the best phone when I decide it is time to get a new phone. I know that the GS4 is not as durable or nice looking as the Lumia 928, but it packs tons of features. I will give Nokia till the end of May. I hope more of you will join me and tweet @NokiaCaresUS to hopefully make their next flagship phone to be released on all major carriers in the US. Let our voices be heard.
    04-26-2013 11:11 PM
    So is this what I have to look forward to as a Verizon customer? Rehashes? I'd almost prefer if they canned the 928 and released the next phone on all carriers.
    04-27-2013 01:06 AM
    Lol you realise about 10-20 people from a forum boycotting them wont even dent the amount of money they get from an exclusivity deal :P
    04-27-2013 05:12 AM
    So is this what I have to look forward to as a Verizon customer? Rehashes? I'd almost prefer if they canned the 928 and released the next phone on all carriers.
    No one has any idea what the 928 is except it has a 4.5" LED screen and looks cool.
    alGaddafi and jmajid like this.
    04-27-2013 06:14 AM
    No one has any idea what the 928 is except it has a 4.5" LED screen and looks cool.
    I thought you stated in one of these threads that the 928 was the verizon version of the 920.
    04-27-2013 06:40 AM
    I thought you stated in one of these threads that the 928 was the verizon version of the 920.
    He did say that. He also said we all will be happy(not in those exact words). He said he is under a NDA now, so even if he knows, he can't say anything. I just want to have a better idea on the official announcement and put these dam rumors to bed for good !!!!

As normal with a new upcoming Verizon phone, I am already pissed off waiting for Verizon to do something. Just announce the dam phone, even if you are not releasing it for a month. Crap, they will do that for the iPhone and gs4....

if we go by all the rumors that were floating around, this will be a quad core cpu with 64gb and a microsd....wait...I think bulletproof and water proof too while we are at it....you know what rumors do.....all bs till the official announcement...

the wait continues.....sigh
    04-27-2013 08:23 AM
    EOS + Instagram. You can all thank me later. Send me flowers and I won't mind a box of chocolates as well.

P.S. even my post is #41
    It does make sense that they reveal a super camera phone with one of the most wanted photo apps at the same time.
    04-27-2013 09:29 AM
    That's not entirely true. You said back on the 16th that you got to play with both the S4 and the 928. So you should have a pretty good idea what we are getting. Curse your NDA. :)
    DavidinCT likes this.
    04-27-2013 10:08 AM
    That's not entirely true. You said back on the 16th that you got to play with both the S4 and the 928. So you should have a pretty good idea what we are getting. Curse your NDA. :)
    Yes. I hate being under NDA. I'm a firm believer in grass roots leaking and hype building. They should be paying me extra to be posting this stuff!
    04-27-2013 03:15 PM
53 123