Nokia Announces May 14th Press Conference in London

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
EOS + Instagram. You can all thank me later. Send me flowers and I won't mind a box of chocolates as well. :grin:

P.S. even my post is #41 :winktongue:

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Still no announcement for the 928, but so many rumors about this next flagship phone, the EOS and it being exclusive to AT&T. I don't know about the rest of you, but I choose carriers first due to coverage area. I voiced my disappointment before to Nokia about having the 920 being exclusive to AT&T when it was released. Granted I am just 1 person.

I recently sent @NokiaCaresUS a tweet. I basically said that if they release their next flagship phone and make it exclusive to AT&T again, I was going to boycott them all together. As a community, if we all send a similar message to them, we may make a difference. I like having the best phone when I decide it is time to get a new phone. I know that the GS4 is not as durable or nice looking as the Lumia 928, but it packs tons of features. I will give Nokia till the end of May. I hope more of you will join me and tweet @NokiaCaresUS to hopefully make their next flagship phone to be released on all major carriers in the US. Let our voices be heard.

All Hallows Eve

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
So is this what I have to look forward to as a Verizon customer? Rehashes? I'd almost prefer if they canned the 928 and released the next phone on all carriers.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Lol you realise about 10-20 people from a forum boycotting them wont even dent the amount of money they get from an exclusivity deal :p

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought you stated in one of these threads that the 928 was the verizon version of the 920.

He did say that. He also said we all will be happy(not in those exact words). He said he is under a NDA now, so even if he knows, he can't say anything. I just want to have a better idea on the official announcement and put these dam rumors to bed for good !!!!

As normal with a new upcoming Verizon phone, I am already pissed off waiting for Verizon to do something. Just announce the dam phone, even if you are not releasing it for a month. Crap, they will do that for the iPhone and gs4....

if we go by all the rumors that were floating around, this will be a quad core cpu with 64gb and a microsd....wait...I think bulletproof and water proof too while we are at it....you know what rumors do.....all bs till the official announcement...

the wait continues.....sigh

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
EOS + Instagram. You can all thank me later. Send me flowers and I won't mind a box of chocolates as well. :grin:

P.S. even my post is #41 :winktongue:

It does make sense that they reveal a super camera phone with one of the most wanted photo apps at the same time.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
That's not entirely true. You said back on the 16th that you got to play with both the S4 and the 928. So you should have a pretty good idea what we are getting. Curse your NDA. :)
Yes. I hate being under NDA. I'm a firm believer in grass roots leaking and hype building. They should be paying me extra to be posting this stuff!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
posting this here also - did post this under catwalk thread, but it does apply to this also...

Listening to the Engadget Mobile podcast from last week, they talked about the upcoming May 14th Nokia announcement in London.
Several times they mentioned the Lumia 925... (also mentioned the 928)
I have not heard this reference before, so it was curious to hear these guys refer to it...
Also, if you ever listen to Leo LaPorte on the twit.tv site, you know he doesnt like to go to these announcements etc. But he did let slip this past Windows Weekly that he was invited to a San Francisco event for press by Nokia but it was going to require NDA....
As you may or may not know, alot of these larger tech sites are given info under NDA ahead of us normal people:)
Just thought i would pass it on...

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
not REALLY trying to double post, but...
forgot to mention one more thing about the Engadget podcast....
There was talk about having the camera close to top edge of the device because having it there would mean it wouldnt necessarily be behind the screen, but could be behind the bezel only, thus giving it a little more depth to placed into...
Now if you remember, the photos that were leaked taken by the 928 and then perhaps by Catwalk (could this be Lumia 925?), one of the images showed the camera at the very top corner, like an iPhone4s/5
VERY interesting! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss