Lumia 928 Launch Imminent says Nokia Power User dot com

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Abe...based on your post below...you are saying the 928 won't be out till the end of June !! (May 30th availability of S4 + 1 month). That is not what all of the other indications are pointing towards (May release of 928).

It doesn't matter when the S4 launches. By the time the Lumia 928 launches, the S4 will have been out for a month in the US. That means the 928 will get front page on all of the tech websites and probably even VZW's site. All the more press coverage the S4 will get is "S4 available on Verizon today for $199." That's it. The 928 will have first looks, camera shootouts, and reviews all during the week the S4 comes out. The press side of things is handled.

As for consumer mindshare, Samsung has done a good job making the Galaxy brand just like the Droid or iPhone brand. Anyone interested in the 928 will get it. Unless some new apps and accessories launch with the 928, reps probably still won't care.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
He's not talking about S4 availability on Verizon with that comment. The S4 is already available on other carriers and as such haz had its press blitz, Verizon is getting it last. I hadn't really thought of it that way.
That said, the wait is still frustrating. If Verizon had another phone I wanted I might not bother waiting anymore.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's a positive thought: If Verizon is the last to get the SG4, we're not the only ones who are frustrated right now. :wink:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm still hoping to have one on the ninth. To be assured of this, I have now changed all of my calendars to reflect a three day week.
Ok, I'm ready to start releasing a few "leaks" about my new calendar system. Consider this to be an unofficial, though fairly reliable leak. Pretend it didn't come from me, since a leak from me wouldn't be a leak, but an announcement, and I'm not ready to announce all the details.

As previously stated, the weeks in my calendar have all been changed to reflect a three day week. Two of those days are weekend days, so there is only one workday per week. There are only three weeks per month, and only two months per year. This is all "speculative" ( :wink: ), however deemed to be fairly reliable, as the source has never let us down.

Now, since Verizon is said to have the 928 out by the third week of the month, it can be released no later than the ninth, the last day of the month. Since there are only two months per year, in order to make it out for this year's holiday season, they only have 12 days remaining, or they miss the boat.

More on this later, as more "leaks" are released.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My neighborhood has a breakfast get together on the first Saturday of each month. One of the guys in my neighborhood works for Verizon. I asked him about the Nokia Lumia 928 and, as of Saturday, he had not heard anything. In fact, he had no idea what I was talking about. He did mention that he was familiar with the 822. I doubt this is worth much in the grand scheme of things, but I was still surprised that he had not heard anything at all about the phone.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Abe, I usually look forward to your posts but the 23rd??? Your killing me with that one. I was all set on torturously waiting until the 16th! This phone better be worth the wait.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Abe, I usually look forward to your posts but the 23rd??? Your killing me with that one. I was all set on torturously waiting until the 16th! This phone better be worth the wait.

unfortunately everything I say can't be perfect :(

Also, I can almost guarantee that the $100 off the iPhone 5 is to get people to stop buying the 4 and 4S. Verizon is basically like "**** the 3G network" and doesn't want to sell any 3G devices.

chrisbash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
unfortunately everything I say can't be perfect :(

Also, I can almost guarantee that the $100 off the iPhone 5 is to get people to stop buying the 4 and 4S. Verizon is basically like "**** the 3G network" and doesn't want to sell any 3G devices.

I'd be more than happy to get off the 3G network with my ancient Trophy if they would just release the 928.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Rumors are now out that the 925 (Aluminum Catwalk) will be released at the event on May 14th.

With that in mind the 928 has to come out between now and the 14th since it would be pointless releasing it after the Catwalk.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Rumors are now out that the 925 (Aluminum Catwalk) will be released at the event on May 14th.

With that in mind the 928 has to come out between now and the 14th since it would be pointless releasing it after the Catwalk.
Nah your misreading it. The new rumours are that 928 is essentially catwalk but in a poly shell. The phones are the same. So its gonna be an aesthetic preference.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As well as an availability preference. There is no reliable rumor that Catwalk will be immediately available on Verizon, and those of us who are waiting for 928 are staying on Verizon or we'd have switched to ATT six months ago.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
At least Nokia has finally admitted that the phone exists... That's progress! It looks great in the new picture that they released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss