Originally the Verizon was seen on the top right corner of the phone in leaked picture, and in the early magazine ad.
    Then, on the Lumia 928 page on Nokia's website the branding was not on the phone, but the "Phone" tile on the start menu displayed "Verizon Wireless"

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, but the images on the official Lumia 928 page have been edited/updated. The "Phone" tile no longer shows "Verizon Wireless". In fact, it doesn't even display "Phone". There is no text on the tile at all, which gives clear indication that it has been edited.

When WPCentral posted the article about the roller coaster video for the Lumia 928, they happened to take a screenshot of the website. You can clearly see "Verizon Wireless" on the start menu. You can check out the original image in the article here :
    The secret is out: Nokia shows off Lumia 928

Compare that photo to the photo you will now find on the website here:
    New Nokia Lumia - Nokia - USA

Is there something going on behind the scenes? What could be the reasons for this?
    jmajid likes this.
    05-09-2013 02:58 PM
    My guess would be Nokia is trying to get the marketing out there for the phone itself, but Verizon isn't ready to announce it on their network.
    05-09-2013 03:02 PM
    More logical explanation would be that Verizon haven't got (global, if global) exclusivity, or that the deal is still in progress.
    05-09-2013 04:56 PM
    Uhhhh I'm still seeing Verizon Wireless?

Just click the other video under the phone, and the same picture comes up with the Verizon Wireless in the phone tile...
    05-09-2013 05:30 PM
    It's because VZ didn't announce it yet... the text being left below the phone icon is most likely the result of someone failing to notice it.
    05-09-2013 05:36 PM
    It wasn't there earlier, maybe 2 hours ago, I checked. Saw this posted elsewhere and looked for it. But the "Verizon Wireless" is back now on the phone tile.
    05-09-2013 05:38 PM
    ZOMG! Verizon must have cancelled the phone!
    jmajid likes this.
    05-09-2013 05:43 PM
    Looking at the pics again, I like this design better than the 920... its more symmetrical at the front, and the back also looks very nice. Nokia's design team did a very good job here.. I will bet anyone that if you put this phone next to any other Verizon phone and let 20 random people choose one based on design alone, this phone will win every time.
    jmajid likes this.
    05-09-2013 06:17 PM
    Does anyone not see the 4G LTE logo on the back of the phone still? That is clearly Verizon's LTE logo, so they haven't removed all Verizon branding in the photos.
    Rick2340 and falconrap like this.
    05-09-2013 06:27 PM
    Does anyone not see the 4G LTE logo on the back of the phone still? That is clearly Verizon's LTE logo, so they haven't removed all Verizon branding in the photos.
    Touch!
    05-09-2013 07:02 PM
    This stuff is really getting old. The phone has the branding. The FCC documents show it's on the VZW bands. Really. It's coming to Verizon. It's just a question of when it will be announced and then available. Obviously it's very soon since print ads and Nokia's site are all there and harping on it.
    Vallos likes this.
    05-09-2013 07:58 PM
    This stuff is really getting old. The phone has the branding. The FCC documents show it's on the VZW bands. Really. It's coming to Verizon. It's just a question of when it will be announced and then available. Obviously it's very soon since print ads and Nokia's site are all there and harping on it.

No one ever said the phone was not coming to Verizon. Everyone knows Verizon is getting it. This thread is about the possibilities of OTHER carriers also getting it. Also, the point is that an official image on the website was edited after being published. So there has to be a reason that both the physical branding AND the virtual branding were both removed.
    05-09-2013 08:53 PM

What photo are you referring to? I don't see any photos that show that part of the phone anywhere lol
    05-09-2013 08:57 PM
    What photo are you referring to? I don't see any photos that show that part of the phone anywhere lol
    The 928 nokia page. They updated it.
    05-09-2013 08:59 PM
    Both the back of the white phone above the speaker and the phone tile on one of the others.
    05-09-2013 09:26 PM
    Both the back of the white phone above the speaker and the phone tile on one of the others.
    There are no pictures with anything but the too half of the back of the phone exposed for me. There are no pictures that have the speaker on the back visible at all. Mind taking a screenshot and posting it here. It seems that different people are seeing different things, because the phone tile is still blank on the picture I see
    05-09-2013 09:55 PM
    Anybody notice that the app bar has disappeared from the screenshots? Like in the camera view, there is no app bar, just floating buttons! This a GDR2 thing? Or just lazy mockups?
    Robert Carpenter likes this.
    05-09-2013 10:02 PM
    There are no pictures with anything but the too half of the back of the phone exposed for me. There are no pictures that have the speaker on the back visible at all. Mind taking a screenshot and posting it here. It seems that different people are seeing different things, because the phone tile is still blank on the picture I see
    Nevermind. IE was using an old version of the site it had in the cache. Refreshed it and it has been restored and I now see the new video which I was completely clueless about this whole time... haha
    05-09-2013 10:52 PM
    The Phone still has the "4G LTE" logo on the back common on Verizon phones. So this is non-news.
    05-10-2013 07:55 AM
    Just got an e-mail from Nokia stating the released date for the Lumia 928....Darn...just starting to read the e-mail and my Trophy just rebooted.....now it won't turn back on....Oh no my Verizon logo just disappeared....Damn!!!! ...Now I'll never know what day its being shipped....Evil Verizon.....
    05-10-2013 08:21 AM
    Just got an e-mail from Nokia stating the released date for the Lumia 928....Darn...just starting to read the e-mail and my Trophy just rebooted.....now it won't turn back on....Oh no my Verizon logo just disappeared....Damn!!!! ...Now I'll never know what day its being shipped....Evil Verizon.....
    errr.....what?
    05-10-2013 08:38 AM
    the 14 th
    05-11-2013 12:43 PM