Nokia Lumia 928 Red/Cyan/Other colors?

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
So we all know that the Lumia 928 will only be releasing in Black or White for now even though weve seen rumors about a cyan and red option. The red Lumia 822 didnt release on Verizon until about 3 months after the orginal white, black, and grey colors launched. So when do you think other colors will be available? June, July?

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah....... This is a huge mistake for Verizon.

Dude you have been posting this in every thread, I think we understand. With the 928 and its edge-to-edge glass, you can't see any color from the front anyways. Just buy whichever color case you want for the phone and be done with it. Then you get the protection you might need and the color that you want. Win-win.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly the conclusion I came to, WizeGuy. It's all edge to edge glass. So if I get any color, I will not enjoy it.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Um, no. I haven't. And I was replying to someone else. If you don't like my post, you're not required to read it. KTHXBYE.

Look, no disrespect but.....

"Black and white only. Idiots."

"Yeah, the more I look, the more it's growing on me. That's probably what I'll get. Rather have red or blue, but the white is starting to grow on me."

You are talking about the colors in more than one place. But honestly man, I meant no harm. I would just get a colored case and call it a day. This just seems like too good of a phone to pass up on and have to wait months just to get a different colored back.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Dude you have been posting this in every thread, I think we understand. With the 928 and its edge-to-edge glass, you can't see any color from the front anyways. Just buy whichever color case you want for the phone and be done with it. Then you get the protection you might need and the color that you want. Win-win.

Look, no disrespect but.....

"Black and white only. Idiots."

"Yeah, the more I look, the more it's growing on me. That's probably what I'll get. Rather have red or blue, but the white is starting to grow on me."

You are talking about the colors in more than one place. But honestly man, I meant no harm. I would just get a colored case and call it a day. This just seems like too good of a phone to pass up on and have to wait months just to get a different colored back.

Can't make up your mind? I count two places that you've cited my complaining about the color, including this thread. How many threads are there? How many other people who've complained about the colors have you similarly singled out?

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Can't make up your mind? I count two places that you've cited my complaining about the color, including this thread. How many threads are there? How many other people who've complained about the colors have you similarly singled out?

I guess you don't know what a figure of speech is? :wink: Of course I didn't literally mean every thread on this board. But I think 3 places is enough for my comment to be valid.

Anyhow dude, I really didn't mean any harm and I apologize for the way I said it. With that being said, which color are you gonna go with? Would you consider a colored case for it?

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
i'd prefer cyan, but if we can buy an ebay case and change it like the 920, I might do that down the road. I tend to run case-less and keep insurance.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
With that being said, which color are you gonna go with? Would you consider a colored case for it?

Well, I really want the phone to stand out on its own. Currently I have the cyan Aegis Trident (or Trident Aegis?) on my 822, but since the 928 is bigger, I was thinking of going with a more minimal case. Yes, I'll case it, but was thinking even of a clear case. At this point, it all depends on what cases are out right away, because I do want SOME protection on it. I was hoping to find something even more minimal than an Incipio Feather, though. We'll see, but I do like the Aegis I have now, just hoped to go with less and let the phone be visible, to set it apart from the robots and fruits. I guess I'll get the white and see what cases are available.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
i'd prefer cyan, but if we can buy an ebay case and change it like the 920, I might do that down the road. I tend to run case-less and keep insurance.

Yeah, screw cases. What, did I buy an iPhone? Haha.

I'd wager more colors are coming. I'd also wager big incentives to buy are coming. If you can wait, say, 3 months, you can probably get a red one with some kind of bundle or discount.
Or, if you need it immediately, you get a white one next week.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Three months is too long to wait for a color, especially when that wait will result in being closer to the next big thing.

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
If it's of any comfort for people who want something other than black and white, maybe down the road they'll release extra back covers in different colors that you can replace, like the 920

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
As this discussion is a about colors of the phone and finishes, it brings up a question I had for 920 owners. How is the gloss finish on the 920 on scratches ? I can just see a shiny finish with a billion micro scratches on it. Thoughts ?

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Can one of our VZW folks speak to this? Why not release in multiple colors? Really wanted a cyan 928 to go with my cyan touch cover. :(. This was a bitter-sweet product announcement.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
As this discussion is a about colors of the phone and finishes, it brings up a question I had for 920 owners. How is the gloss finish on the 920 on scratches ? I can just see a shiny finish with a billion micro scratches on it. Thoughts ?

The 920 was very scratch resistant

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786