Nokia Lumia 928 Red/Cyan/Other colors?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Can one of our VZW folks speak to this? Why not release in multiple colors? Really wanted a cyan 928 to go with my cyan touch cover. :(. This was a bitter-sweet product announcement.

My theory is that since the phone was delayed twice, they had to run with black and white for now to get it on the shelf. That device manager screen shot showing cyan and red is 100% legit though. I've seen that screen many, many times. My bet is they're saving the red for some kind of holiday promo or something similar (kind of like the Valentine's Day red 822, the blue and purple Droid Razr for back to school, etc.). The cyan will either come out when the red does or it will end up being an employee special edition like the gray/limelight 8X.

The whole idea is to push this phone as hard as they're pushing the Razr M. The Razr M and the 928 will be the company's spotlight devices. The M launched in white and black, then had a pink variant, and now a blue variant. It frequently goes on sale for free or for $50 off. Expect these same things to happen with the 928.

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm just torn. I have been eligible for an upgrade since February, and usually want to throw my Samsung Droid Charge against a wall at least 5 times a day. But I was really looking forward to cyan. Do they make ultra thin (read nearly imperceptibly thin) skins/covers that would be cyan? I've never really kept up with phone cases as I've never used one.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
grrrrrrr... I want the red 928 and I want it now! Not sure what I'll be doing now with the 928 only being available in black or white initially and no word on when the additional colors will be available. Do I go ahead and get a black or white 928? Do I wait an undefined amount of time for a colored 928? Do I stay on T-Mobile instead of switching back to Verizon as planned? hmmmm...

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm just torn. I have been eligible for an upgrade since February, and usually want to throw my Samsung Droid Charge against a wall at least 5 times a day. But I was really looking forward to cyan. Do they make ultra thin (read nearly imperceptibly thin) skins/covers that would be cyan? I've never really kept up with phone cases as I've never used one.

The Lumia 920 has a number of different type of cases from different manufacturers and in different colors. I am sure, maybe not day one, you will be able to find the same cases for the 928 as the 920. Just do a search for 920 cases, so that you can at least have an idea of what is out there.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd wager that there will be no colors for this device, with the exception of MAYBE a limited edition Red.

Verizon's entire lineup of phones are primarily Black; there are a few White devices, and they may have made an exception with the 8X given that California Blue was HTC's signature device. I think the 822 and 8X was in Red, but they were limited editions, for a limited time only.

If you want the 928 now, AND color, I think you are simply going to have to purchase a case. Even though Nokia has been known, for years, for making devices with various colors, Verizon has the 'corporate folk' mentality; so fun, playful, vibrant colors in their lineup just ain't gonna happen!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd wager that there will be no colors for this device, with the exception of MAYBE a limited edition Red.

Verizon's entire lineup of phones are primarily Black; there are a few White devices, and they may have made an exception with the 8X given that California Blue was HTC's signature device. I think the 822 and 8X was in Red, but they were limited editions, for a limited time only.

If you want the 928 now, AND color, I think you are simply going to have to purchase a case. Even though Nokia has been known, for years, for making devices with various colors, Verizon has the 'corporate folk' mentality; so fun, playful, vibrant colors in their lineup just ain't gonna happen!
cyan and red are confirmed. Just gotta get dates b

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
cyan and red are confirmed. Just gotta get dates b

how likely do you think the cyan will be an employee special edition only and not available to the public? definitely safe to say red will be offered to the public as a limited edition at some point as red IS Verizon, just curious if you think the cyan will be offered to the public as well. a friend of mine really really wants the cyan and i'm leaning towards the red.

everyone says get black one with a color case. I say no thanks lol. why get a nice looking phone to cover it with a case that completely takes away from the design of the phone? I go case-less unless i'm somewhere I know I can damage it and i just get the insurance.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Nothing is 100%. The cyan and red are listed with the public stuff, so cyan will probably be available at some point as well.

Normally if it's an employee edition, its some crazy color stuff. Like how the Razrs have the checkered red and black Kevlar, or how the 8X is gray with limelight accents.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nothing is 100%. The cyan and red are listed with the public stuff, so cyan will probably be available at some point as well.

Normally if it's an employee edition, its some crazy color stuff. Like how the Razrs have the checkered red and black Kevlar, or how the 8X is gray with limelight accents.

So are we thinking something like a Memorial Day (May 27th) or 4th of July special with both Cyan & Red? Then they could kinda play on the red, white, & blue (Cyan), thing? Heck, forget cyan. Give me some sort of navy blue shade and i'll be happy.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
What is the return policy on Verizon devices? I feel like I've heard 15 days and then other times I feel like I've heard 45 days. If it is 45 days and the other colors do come out around Father's day that's only 30 days after the initial release. Would it be possible to walk into a Verizon store and exchnage a Black 928 or White 928 for a Cyan 928 or Red 928? I'm not sure after having the device for a month I'd care much about color anymore, but I just wonder since some of us have been disappointed by the lack of choices.

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
What is the return policy on Verizon devices? I feel like I've heard 15 days and then other times I feel like I've heard 45 days. If it is 45 days and the other colors do come out around Father's day that's only 30 days after the initial release. Would it be possible to walk into a Verizon store and exchnage a Black 928 or White 928 for a Cyan 928 or Red 928? I'm not sure after having the device for a month I'd care much about color anymore, but I just wonder since some of us have been disappointed by the lack of choices.

14 days

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
If the red and cyan are supposed to release on a holiday, like the Red Lumia 822 for Valentines Day, I would predict them to be released aroud Fathers Day or July 4th at the latest

antsmarchin

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Not to beat a dead horse and seeing that I haven't seen anyone ask Nokia, I tweeted NokiaUS to see if there would be any other colors. I figured they would say no since they're trying to push what they have released now....but my question to the vzw connected people, have they ever canceled a phone even though it's shown up earlier in your inventory? Here's my tweets with them:

• @NokiaUS Will you be releasing (or at liberty to say) if the 928 will be released in different colors other than black & white?
  • @ericbs only white and black. -Jason

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
while at the store with my brother and sister getting them their 928 upgrades, i asked the sales guys there "any info about the red and cyan phones yet?" and they responded "nope not yet." i guess that can be taken in one of a million different ways, but they didn't deny them i guess. i gave my sister my upgrade so i have to wait till the end of next month to get the next upgrade in the family plan anyway. maybe a little more light will be shed on the subject by then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers