Nokia Lumia 928 Red/Cyan/Other colors?

ominaxe

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a new theory: I bet the colors won't be released until the HTC one is released on Verizon in red (mid/late August).

ominaxe

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
That's what I've heard (just rumors, or course) ... And I have to say, sorry folks, I think I'm going to purchase a white 928 tomorrow. My trophy's camera is shot now that the screen is broken. Keeps zooming when I open the camera app.

DarkCobra20

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I personally never was much for a white phone until I picked up my 928 and TBH, it really grew on me...it's clean, I would be happy to see other colors on the 928 though, but something tells me were either going to have to wait for some time or it will be hopes and dreams lol, I think VZW had a major play in this one :\

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I think im gonna jump on the free deal from newegg or amazon for a black one. that gives me the length of their return policy (I know amazon is 30 days) to se if any news this month on new colors. plus could always get a case, skin, or if the new colors do come out can either return mine for a color or wait for the shells to pop up on ebay and do the swap out myself. don't really wanna wait past july so doing it this way I think I have all my bases covered for at least that long.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think im gonna jump on the free deal from newegg or amazon for a black one. that gives me the length of their return policy (I know amazon is 30 days) to se if any news this month on new colors. plus could always get a case, skin, or if the new colors do come out can either return mine for a color or wait for the shells to pop up on ebay and do the swap out myself. don't really wanna wait past july so doing it this way I think I have all my bases covered for at least that long.

Another one bites the dust. My wait continues!

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Argh, it's hard to keep waiting. Looks like I might grab a GS4 from work and use that for a while. Not that it's a bad phone, but I'd rather have the 928 in red and cyan. Sad part is, we don't even know if the colors will ever arrive... Made me jealous today when the Microsoft rep pulled out his cyan 920.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Argh, it's hard to keep waiting. Looks like I might grab a GS4 from work and use that for a while. Not that it's a bad phone, but I'd rather have the 928 in red and cyan. Sad part is, we don't even know if the colors will ever arrive... Made me jealous today when the Microsoft rep pulled out his cyan 920.

That really is the worst/most annoying part. I can't help but feel a little screwed in the whole thing. Every other high end Lumia phone on other carriers has launched with multiple colors. Yet due to an initial lack of confidence in the market, the 928 launches only in black and white. And now they're waiting until some obscure opportune moment to launch with colors? Hard to believe.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, we can hope Verizon/Microsoft/Nokia will want to drop the colors this month to help drive sales again...and if we are really lucky they'll drop the price again.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, we can hope Verizon/Microsoft/Nokia will want to drop the colors this month to help drive sales again...and if we are really lucky they'll drop the price again.

It's possible. I went on the Nokia website today and opened up a live chat with one of their reps. I asked him if there are any plans in the future to release different colors of the 928. He said he was going to go check on something for me. Came back and he said he talked to the relevant department and they said that they don't have anything to share with me.

So, either they're telling the truth and there's nothing to share with me, or the support rep that I spoke to was seeing if he was at liberty to share that they may be releasing them soon and he was told no.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I can see your point - I got a black Poetic feather case which exposes a lot of the phone and with the white phone it contrasts really nicely. I can see if the phone were blue or red it would be pretty striking. But I sure wouldn't wait for one. Waiting on Verizon is (to quote Malcolm Reynolds) a long wait for a train don't come.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Regardless. I continue to wait for VZW to fix their group messaging issues & release new colors. I will most likely be here for awhile...

Here's how I see it. There would be a Red & Cyan version of this phone had Verizon decided to go that route. Instead, they wanted to do just white and black. If Verizon decides to pull the trigger, there will be a Red & Cyan version. There won't be any new wp8 devices on VZW for quite some time. So new colors is purely a matter of time.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah..... If we're lucky we'll see the EOS by the end of the year, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Wouldn't it be funny, though, since VZW is now outselling ATT on WP devices, if it came to VZW instead of ATT? Yeah..... still not holding my breath.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah..... If we're lucky we'll see the EOS by the end of the year, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Wouldn't it be funny, though, since VZW is now outselling ATT on WP devices, if it came to VZW instead of ATT? Yeah..... still not holding my breath.

That could maybe happen in the future. But not 2013. And honestly, I can't blame Nokia. Aside from the obvious benefits of going exclusive with a carrier, AT&T has just been better about working with Nokia's brand. Nokia is known for their bold and vibrant colors. Yet VZW opts to sell only white & black 822's & 928's. Even HTC is only able to sell two colors. What gives, Verizon?

LET THE COLORS BE FREE FROM YOUR UGLY MONOCOLOR CAPTIVITY!

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Am I the only one who thinks the EOS is a rather niche device? I think it'd be cool to have a camera that nice but it's nowhere near the top of my priorities when buying a phone... I feel like I can't be alone in not caring at all whether VZW gets the EOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss