Nokia Lumia 928 Red/Cyan/Other colors?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks the EOS is a rather niche device? I think it'd be cool to have a camera that nice but it's nowhere near the top of my priorities when buying a phone... I feel like I can't be alone in not caring at all whether VZW gets the EOS.

It is definitely aimed at people who want high-end pictures, which isn't everyone in the smartphone market. But for me, it's perfect. :wink:

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
so I ordered a black 928 on Amazon for a dollar. figure i'll give it the 14 days to hear anything about the colors otherwise i'll keep it. ordered 2 incipio feather cases (cyan and black), screen protectors, and the dc-16 portable charger in cyan too. already have the tabletop Nokia wireless charger. can't wait! might get a red skin for the back on decalgirl too at some point. a friend also ordered his 928 from amazon, another black. ::crosses fingers they don't come with rattley vibration and ugly backlit buttons::

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
so I ordered a black 928 on Amazon for a dollar. figure i'll give it the 14 days to hear anything about the colors otherwise i'll keep it. ordered 2 incipio feather cases (cyan and black), screen protectors, and the dc-16 portable charger in cyan too. already have the tabletop Nokia wireless charger. can't wait! might get a red skin for the back on decalgirl too at some point. a friend also ordered his 928 from amazon, another black. ::crosses fingers they don't come with rattley vibration and ugly backlit buttons::

Congrats, man. Let us know how it turns out.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Every day I find myself liking my white 928 more and more so, in the end I'm happy enough with my decision to not wait for the possible release of additional colors but, I do still really wish that it had been available in red from day one because that would have made me even happier with my nifty new phone.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Every day I find myself liking my white 928 more and more so, in the end I'm happy enough with my decision to not wait for the possible release of additional colors but, I do still really wish that it had been available in red from day one because that would have made me even happier with my nifty new phone.

That's great, man. The phone is beautiful and the OS is as well. But i'm indignant about this one. If the HTC One launches on Verizon in red, and the 928 is still only available in white and black, I'm going to AT&T. I've put up with VZW's lack of support for WP7-8 for three years now. But I'll leave on this one. I know some of you may think it's crazy for me to leave over colors, but it's the concept behind the lack of colors that makes me mad.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
That's great, man. The phone is beautiful and the OS is as well. But i'm indignant about this one. If the HTC One launches on Verizon in red, and the 928 is still only available in white and black, I'm going to AT&T. I've put up with VZW's lack of support for WP7-8 for three years now. But I'll leave on this one. I know some of you may think it's crazy for me to leave over colors, but it's the concept behind the lack of colors that makes me mad.

How can you say Verizon isn't supporting wp8?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How can you say Verizon isn't supporting wp8?

Verizon has increased support for WP since the release of the Trophy in 2011. But I think they're still lacking a lot of support because of the slow rise in market share. I think when it comes down to it, VZW is not a pioneer. They work off of technology that has already proven itself a success. Supporting a developing OS like WP8 does not currently fit into that agenda.

1.) Verizon Wp8's have lacked functionality of group text messaging since day one. If they were supporting this operating system more completely they would have released a fix 4 months ago. Even if it meant working with MSFT to do it.
2.) There are numerous testimonies of people walking into VZW stores either looking for a Windows Phone or just browsing for a new phone and being actively pointed away from WP8's. Regardless of what VZW says about the lucrative profit margin on selling WP handsets, we STILL have people on the floor scoffing at the operating system.
3.) Colors. If VZW supported this platform they would not block the release of colors. Nokia is renown for their design and use of bold & vibrant colors. It's crucial to the success of their products. By rescinding the initial plan of offering four colors, VZW issued a vote of no confidence.

All this said, i'm grateful for Vzw's customer support and their great service. I've never been disappointed with my reception or data connectivity. It's the only reason I have stuck with them thus far.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. it does fit into their agenda bc promoting and supporting it to take off will only benefit them as it will help give them more leverage with the likes of Apple and google when negotiating subsidies and agreements to carry said companies phones as they won't be able to make demands the carrier would otherwise have been forced to meet bc of the dominance of the duopoly.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Only a couple days away from getting any kind of news and I now have the cash to pick up a 928...Why is my patience just running out?

You think Verizon is going to try to counter New AT&T Wp8 hardware by releasing more colors of their old hardware? Maybe... Unlikely.

This thread is now up >8,000 views. It's by far the most viewed/active non-sticky thread on the 928 subsection of the largest Windows Phone community on the web. Get the message, Verizon?

Last edited:

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
You think Verizon is going to try to counter New AT&T Wp8 hardware by releasing more colors of their old hardware? Maybe... Unlikely.

This thread is now up >8,000 views. It's by far the most viewed/active non-sticky thread on the 928 subsection of the largest Windows Phone community on the web. Get the message, Verizon?

It's no new ATT hardware, it's new hardware that will be exclusive to ATT in the US. I'm just going by the leaked info that colors were to arrive around fathers day but was postponed. It does make sense to announce new colors at the upcoming event as part of the this what we've been doing speech that they usually give before or after the big announcement.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
TC said that MS and Nokia asked VZW to wait initially. I'm guessing that MS and Nokia wouldn't take kindly to competing announcements on the 11th. If they release colors this month it will probably be to help continue publicity for the month. They have the 1020(or whatever it is), Halo, possible Amber update and they could toss in new colors for the 928. In reality I could see them stretching this through August. Then again this is all a guess, who knows how it will end up.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
TC said that MS and Nokia asked VZW to wait initially. I'm guessing that MS and Nokia wouldn't take kindly to competing announcements on the 11th. If they release colors this month it will probably be to help continue publicity for the month. They have the 1020(or whatever it is), Halo, possible Amber update and they could toss in new colors for the 928. In reality I could see them stretching this through August. Then again this is all a guess, who knows how it will end up.
if the colors come, they will likely come with GDR2 preinstalled from the factory. We're supposed to see gdr2 on VZW WP8 around the end of the month, so I wouldn't expect it beforehand

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I would love that beautiful Cyan color on my phone, but it's not a deal breaker and I'll be getting a case for it anyway (if I do get the 928 that is).

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Excited about the Lumia 1020 announcement but now it's time to hop on craigslist and buy a 928 :)

Just picked up a brand new 928 for $380!

Last edited:

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks the EOS is a rather niche device? I think it'd be cool to have a camera that nice but it's nowhere near the top of my priorities when buying a phone... I feel like I can't be alone in not caring at all whether VZW gets the EOS.

It would replace the need for me to bring a digital camera ever. What other smartphone can you say that about?

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It would replace the need for me to bring a digital camera ever. What other smartphone can you say that about?

That's a totally valid point. But I still think that for some people that kind of thing doesn't matter. If I could pay $300 for a phone that replaces my camera or pay $100 for a phone with the same specs besides the camera, I would probably pick the cheaper one. But I can definitely understand the market for it.

And now that it's been revealed/announced/whatever I certainly wouldn't mind having one :p

7thGear

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit something: I gave in and ordered my 928 today in white. I just couldn't wait anymore for the cyan version. The cyan Incipio feather case helps a little bit with the color let down, as did the $50 off of the $99 price on Verizon's website (use code FIFTYRMN). It'll be here Wednesday! :)

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit something: I gave in and ordered my 928 today in white. I just couldn't wait anymore for the cyan version. The cyan Incipio feather case helps a little bit with the color let down, as did the $50 off of the $99 price on Verizon's website (use code FIFTYRMN). It'll be here Wednesday! :)

The Cyan Feather is a great case and good looking. I think you'll be happy! I have the same combo and love it.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I always thought that the red Lumia 928 was vaporware, until I saw this today while trawling through eBay:

Obas8VD.jpg

aVyM9Gi.jpg

LeXMCQW.jpg

Incorrectly listed as a red Lumia 920 - auction link

Not sure how this phone got out into the wild, prototype maybe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)