05-02-2014 05:25 AM
425 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Found my answer, right now it only comes in silver.
    http://www.yourpoetic.com/p/564/flip...-928-by-poetic
    Zomby Jeezus likes this.
    07-16-2013 12:52 AM
    Pictures with the device. Overall it is a solid case and fits snug with the device. The lip will prevent the device's screen from resting flat on surfaces and all the cutouts align perfectly. Since they're covered, the side buttons don't respond like they do without the case on but it's still acceptable and shouldn't prevent anyone from getting this case.
    Hey eao1991, what screen protector are you using?
    07-16-2013 08:47 AM
    Hey eao1991, what screen protector are you using?
    It's the one they sell at the Verizon stores. I actually hate it. I bought a screen protector that covers all the glass but I've been too lazy to install it :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Rick2340 likes this.
    07-16-2013 10:20 AM
    So would it be correct to assume that if you have a black 928 that you don't get flare with the poetic atmosphere case on?

Anyone got pics with their installed on the phone?
    The color of the phone wouldn't matter. What causes the flare is that the flash is adjacent to the bevel of the case, which is clear. The light enters the plastic through that bevel, travels through the plastic as it would through a fiber-optic, then exits at the lens, causing the light to shine directly onto the lens. A powerful source of light shining directly on the lens is what cases lens flare. This is why photographers use lens hoods - to keep stray light sources, the sun for instance, from shining directly on the lens.

Is anyone with the Aegis Trident case getting lens flare? If so, which color(s) of the Aegis case would minimize flare, if any?

Also, a couple amazon reviews of the Aegis Trident mention that the sound comes out muffled due do the speaker being excessively covered. Anyone find this to be an issue with that case?
    Since the Trident isn't clear, it won't cause flare. See above for explanation of what causes the flare.
    07-16-2013 10:33 AM
    So would it be correct to assume that if you have a black 928 that you don't get flare with the poetic atmosphere case on?

Anyone got pics with their installed on the phone?
    Under the correct scenario the black will get the flare also. Just took a couple days of me playing with the camera in different lighting scenarios for it to show up. I used a permanent marker and blacked out the opening to the flash. Thus far I havent seen the flare reappear since doing that.
    07-16-2013 11:44 AM
    Hopmedic: thanks. Any ideas on the second part of my question:

Also, a couple amazon reviews of the Aegis Trident mention that the sound comes out muffled due do the speaker being excessively covered. Anyone find this to be an issue with that case?
    07-16-2013 01:16 PM
    No, sorry - I had an aegis for my 822, and it was fine, no problems. But I haven't gotten one for my 928.
    07-16-2013 02:29 PM
    I've got the Aegis trident cast and don't notice any muffled sound, but I don't listen to a ton of audio from my device. The speaker hole is definitely not as big as the actual speak on the phone, so I'm sure it is muffled to some degree. Why they would design it that way, I don't know.
    07-16-2013 03:18 PM
    OK thanks Arvydas. I don't see it being a dealbreaker for me either, just wanted to know since it seemed weird that most amazon reviewers mentioned it but no one here had. I'm going to go ahead and order it, but one last question:

How difficult is the case to remove if you want to temporarily take it off for a day?
    07-16-2013 03:31 PM
    I havent noticed any issues with the Aegis case and sound. The case can be easily removed and put back on.
    07-16-2013 03:56 PM
    I havent noticed any issues with the Aegis case and sound. The case can be easily removed and put back on.
    Yup, the phone comes out of the case very easily. It wouldn't come off if you dropped it or anything, but it comes off quite easily.
    07-16-2013 06:28 PM
    Under the correct scenario the black will get the flare also. Just took a couple days of me playing with the camera in different lighting scenarios for it to show up. I used a permanent marker and blacked out the opening to the flash. Thus far I havent seen the flare reappear since doing that.
    Seems like a nice easy fix to me for what is supposed to be a nice case.
    07-17-2013 09:19 AM
    I sent poetic an email with a link to my post with the before and after picture, and what I did to fix it. Today I got this reply:

Dear Richard,

WE have come out plan to make the flash hole bigger. WE will have update version of products come out in next 5-7 business days. Please let me know your Amazon Order #. WE will send you the update version at free of charge.

Regards,

Jake Cheng
    Poetic Cases Inc
    Scorpio5x0 likes this.
    07-17-2013 12:30 PM
    I sent poetic an email with a link to my post with the before and after picture, and what I did to fix it. Today I got this reply:
    Thanks Hop, just emailed Poetic myself. Will let you know what my response is when I receive it.
    07-17-2013 01:27 PM
    I emailed them as well, hopefully I get a similar response! The case is starting to grow on me.
    07-17-2013 01:51 PM
    I just thought of something... I wonder if the halo effect has something to do with the fact that many of the cases have nothing between the flash and the lens. Really, if you eliminated that section of plastic, this would be a non-issue.
    07-17-2013 02:24 PM
    I just thought of something... I wonder if the halo effect has something to do with the fact that many of the cases have nothing between the flash and the lens. Really, if you eliminated that section of plastic, this would be a non-issue.
    I think that is exactly what they are doing with their updated version!
    07-17-2013 02:41 PM
    That's what I'm thinking, too.
    07-17-2013 03:07 PM
    I found two cases on amazon, hard shell type with belt clip.

I've ordered both and I am still waiting for the second to arrive.

The first one is called a GTMax, a 3 piece unit. The rubber/silicone shock cover is available in limited colors - I looked but no red.

You put your phone in the silicone then put it into the black plastic hard shell, has a kickstand. Feels pretty comfy to me but I've been use to an otterbox on my iPhones.

Then the last piece is the hard plastic belt clip/holster. The clip does swivel and the phone must slide in like a holster, not just snap in.
    I ordered a black / black and a blue / black setup. The black / black is decent the blue though makes me cringe.

All in all not bad for $9.95 + shipping and BlueMall was quick to ship and the tracking did work.

http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Holster-...pUvbUpU2041819
    07-18-2013 12:18 AM
    I just posted a link for a GTMax case. I don't know if I sent correct link, still learning how to use this phone.
    Anyway here is correct link

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...nid=2335753011
    07-18-2013 12:21 AM
    This is the other case I found on Amazon.
    It is called the i-Blason 928 Prime series. It was released on July 10th and I ordered it on the 9th.

$9.99 + shipping.

I am still waiting for it to arrive, the tracking number does not work and the delivery estimate is July 15 - July 17. It adds a day every day I look.

It looks very similar to the GTMax case with these exceptions:

Only one color - black
    Where speaker hole is on GTMax the i-Blason has their logo.
    Where the camera & flash are located the GTMax is a square hole the i-Blason is a cut out section.

I can only go by the pictures at this time for the i-Blason.

The main reason I am posting these is that it was nearly a deal breaker not to have some type of belt clip for my phone and to have some level of protection.
    07-18-2013 12:31 AM
    Got my Incipio feather plextonium case yesterday ("iridescent" gray for my black 928). Looks great and all, but wow this thing is very slippery! My phone slipped right out of my hand last night and took a fall on hard linoleum because of this case. Maybe I'll look for some grippy tape and put a small strip on the side.
    07-18-2013 09:03 AM
    Having some trouble picking a case .

I'm looking for something that's slim and minimal --- so although I like the protection the Trident seems to offer, that's out.

I've narrowed it down to the three poetic cases (Atmosphere, Flipbook, and Palette) and the Incipio feather in Cyan. I've read through the thread and have seen people posting that they purchased the Incipio, but no one has really reviewed it/posted pics. Would someone who owns it mind doing that?

As for the Poetic cases, it seems that people like them. Probably leaning towards the Palette and Atmosphere more than the Flipbook, but any further comments/recommendations from you guys would be great :).
    07-18-2013 10:00 AM
    Having some trouble picking a case .

I'm looking for something that's slim and minimal --- so although I like the protection the Trident seems to offer, that's out.

I've narrowed it down to the three poetic cases (Atmosphere, Flipbook, and Palette) and the Incipio feather in Cyan. I've read through the thread and have seen people posting that they purchased the Incipio, but no one has really reviewed it/posted pics. Would someone who owns it mind doing that?

As for the Poetic cases, it seems that people like them. Probably leaning towards the Palette and Atmosphere more than the Flipbook, but any further comments/recommendations from you guys would be great :).
    Look through an earlier post of mine in this thread. I posted a couple pics of the Incipio Feather case on my 928.
    07-18-2013 10:31 AM
    My responses from Poetic regarding the glared photos:

Dear Buyer,

It is unfortunate to hear that the product you have received is defective and/or not functioning properly as the product should be. We will be gladly to help if you would kindly inform us of your

1. your shipping address(if different than your original order),

2. along with any pictures of the defect. Thank you.

Leo from Poetic
    After replying back with an example of one of the glared photos:

Dear Customer,
    We are expected to ship out the revision version by the end of next week. Once we ship it out, we will email you tracking #.
    Regards,
    Jake Cheng
    Poetic Cases Inc
    07-18-2013 10:33 AM
425 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD