05-02-2014 05:25 AM
425 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    This is the other case I found on Amazon.
    It is called the i-Blason 928 Prime series. It was released on July 10th and I ordered it on the 9th.

$9.99 + shipping.

I am still waiting for it to arrive, the tracking number does not work and the delivery estimate is July 15 - July 17. It adds a day every day I look.

It looks very similar to the GTMax case with these exceptions:

Only one color - black
    Where speaker hole is on GTMax the i-Blason has their logo.
    Where the camera & flash are located the GTMax is a square hole the i-Blason is a cut out section.

I can only go by the pictures at this time for the i-Blason.

The main reason I am posting these is that it was nearly a deal breaker not to have some type of belt clip for my phone and to have some level of protection.
    Let us know how this works out. Pictures would be great. The picture on amazon is not a 928...
    07-18-2013 10:42 AM
    Received another email from Poetic, when I sent them my order number and asked if there was anything else he needed.

Nothing as needed. Please spread out the word that we will provide free replacement to those who received our old version ( Flash issue). Some users might be able to fix it by using marker to circle the camera hole. In that case, they will receive two case from us. Once our update fix version arrive, we will only ship out the fix version. It is going to be happy in a few days.
    07-18-2013 10:46 AM
    Ah, yes. I missed that when I was back tracking before. I was concerned that the lip would not extend far enough to avoid the screen resting on a surface. But, from your pictures and others claims, it seems that the lip does indeed protrude far enough.

Any other comments on the case? How's it been holding up? Any sound muffling when you use the speaker?
    07-18-2013 11:29 AM
    Ah, yes. I missed that when I was back tracking before. I was concerned that the lip would not extend far enough to avoid the screen resting on a surface. But, from your pictures and others claims, it seems that the lip does indeed protrude far enough.

Any other comments on the case? How's it been holding up? Any sound muffling when you use the speaker?
    No complaints at all with the Incipio case. Probably the only thing that was negative, for me, was the opening to the camera lens. I would have rather had the opening extend the entire rear camera plate. But that is just an aesthetic issue for me. I am currently trying out the Poetic Atmosphere case and will probably go back and forth with the two once I find an easier way to take off the Poetic case. Which would be one of my negatives for the Poetic case. Once it is on difficult to get off. The other would be the issue that has already been addressed with the glare on photos caused by the flash and the case. The glare issue is being addressed as Poetic is sending out an updated case that addresses it. And a quick fix, in the meantime, is the nail polish or permanent marker around the flash opening.
    07-18-2013 11:44 AM
    Here's a pic of my phone now. Poetic Atmosphere, and Decal Girl skin (Launch) underneath:

wp_20130718_001.jpg

Gotta love an F/A-18 jumping off the flight deck!

Oh, and the reason for the Xacto knife is that the Decal Girl skin covers the Carl Zeiss | PureView badge, and since the Atmosphere doesn't cover it, I wanted it to SHINE!
    07-18-2013 05:55 PM
    Here's a pic of my phone now. Poetic Atmosphere, and Decal Girl skin (Launch) underneath:
    That is sick, I am definitely combining the decal and the Atmosphere case. Ugh, I need some extra cash fast.
    07-19-2013 07:55 AM
    That is sick, I am definitely combining the decal and the Atmosphere case. Ugh, I need some extra cash fast.
    Make sure you order the case from Amazon and not their site. I don't remember the exact numbers, but there was a significant price difference.
    Jeffrey Fox and 11B1P like this.
    07-19-2013 09:12 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130718_001.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	663.2 KB 
ID:	37621

Gotta love an F/A-18 jumping off the flight deck!

Oh, and the reason for the Xacto knife is that the Decal Girl skin covers the Carl Zeiss | PureView badge, and since the Atmosphere doesn't cover it, I wanted it to SHINE!
    I like it, but it covers up the color of the phone. I bought a white 928 specifically for the color. I hate to cover it.
    07-20-2013 10:26 PM
    This is the other case I found on Amazon.
    It is called the i-Blason 928 Prime series. It was released on July 10th and I ordered it on the 9th.

$9.99 + shipping.

I am still waiting for it to arrive, the tracking number does not work and the delivery estimate is July 15 - July 17. It adds a day every day I look.

It looks very similar to the GTMax case with these exceptions:

Only one color - black
    Where speaker hole is on GTMax the i-Blason has their logo.
    Where the camera & flash are located the GTMax is a square hole the i-Blason is a cut out section.

I can only go by the pictures at this time for the i-Blason.

The main reason I am posting these is that it was nearly a deal breaker not to have some type of belt clip for my phone and to have some level of protection.
    Does this case slide into the holster or snap into it?

After looking at this case, I noticed the description stated it is for the Nokia 928 made by Google. That is probably reason enough not to buy it. If manufacturers can't get their info correct, I don't see the need to support them financially.
    Last edited by wbdillworth; 07-21-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    07-21-2013 07:51 AM
    I like it, but it covers up the color of the phone. I bought a white 928 specifically for the color. I hate to cover it.
    The Atmosphere case is actually clear-ish, what you see in hopmedic's photo is a decal he added to the phone. Go back a few pages in this thread and you'll see a few on/off photos of the case and a white Lumia 928.
    07-21-2013 09:20 AM
    The Atmosphere case is actually clear-ish, what you see in hopmedic's photo is a decal he added to the phone. Go back a few pages in this thread and you'll see a few on/off photos of the case and a white Lumia 928.
    Yeah, I realize that. That is my point, the decal looks great, but it covers up the color of the phone. I've decided that I want a case and holster, so the color of the phone will be covered using this option anyway. I prefer my phone on my belt since I carry so many things in my pockets. Now to find a case/holster I like.
    07-21-2013 01:02 PM
    Having some trouble picking a case .

I'm looking for something that's slim and minimal --- so although I like the protection the Trident seems to offer, that's out.

I've narrowed it down to the three poetic cases (Atmosphere, Flipbook, and Palette) and the Incipio feather in Cyan. I've read through the thread and have seen people posting that they purchased the Incipio, but no one has really reviewed it/posted pics. Would someone who owns it mind doing that?

As for the Poetic cases, it seems that people like them. Probably leaning towards the Palette and Atmosphere more than the Flipbook, but any further comments/recommendations from you guys would be great :).
    I have the Poetic Atmosphere, the Incipio Feather, and the Trident Aegis for my L928. While the Atmosphere looked nice I found it too hard to remove. I swap my lightweight and heavyweight cases pretty frequently so I was willing to sacrifice the additional protection of the Atmosphere for the ease of installation/removal of the Incipio.

The Aegis is an awesome case, if you're looking for more protection. It definitely adds bulk to an already bulky phone.
    Last edited by cgallaer; 07-22-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    07-21-2013 03:21 PM
    I like the looks of the atmosphere, but it is just a case, no holster. And someone mentioned how slippery it is. You're not gaining anything in anti-slip features.
    07-21-2013 03:27 PM
    I like the looks of the atmosphere, but it is just a case, no holster. And someone mentioned how slippery it is. You're not gaining anything in anti-slip features.
    I just dropped my phone today on tile floor because of the slipperiness of the Atmosphere case. No damage done though.
    07-21-2013 06:54 PM
    Yeah, I realize that. That is my point, the decal looks great, but it covers up the color of the phone. I've decided that I want a case and holster, so the color of the phone will be covered using this option anyway. I prefer my phone on my belt since I carry so many things in my pockets. Now to find a case/holster I like.
    By no means do I expect this to be the look for everyone. I personally wanted a patriotic case, and couldn't find one, but the skin I'd found is (and being Navy on top of that is a bonus! ), and when I saw the Atmosphere, I just knew that this would work for me.
    07-21-2013 07:11 PM
    By no means do I expect this to be the look for everyone. I personally wanted a patriotic case, and couldn't find one, but the skin I'd found is (and being Navy on top of that is a bonus! ), and when I saw the Atmosphere, I just knew that this would work for me.
    No, I understand. I really like the decal. But for me, I purposely bought a white 928 because of the color. But now, I've decided I want a case and holster, so really the color of the phone is a moot point, unless I find a case that still highlights the color of the phone.
    07-21-2013 09:34 PM
    I think the Atmosphere is good for showing the color of the phone, too. It offers a moderate amount of protection, but it didn't save my phone from a drop which landed on the edge of a concrete step in my back yard this weekend, when I was trying to take a picture of a snake's body after I chopped his head off, so that I could identify it, and it started moving, crawling away. I almost fell down the stairs I jumped so high.

Rich don't do snakes.
    Jeffrey Fox likes this.
    07-22-2013 08:08 AM
    Oh - and as for case and holster, since you're a belt-carrier like me, have you considered a pouch instead of a holster? Mine is just a cheap one with a belt clip, but there are a number of them out there.

Oh, and with my phone drop, an Otterbox probably would have saved it, the Trident probably would have saved it, but I doubt that anything less bulky than that would have helped, just because of the way it hit the edge of the step. In fact, I'm not even 100% positive that the corner itself didn't strike the glass, in which case NOTHING would have saved it.
    07-22-2013 11:31 AM
    Oh - and as for case and holster, since you're a belt-carrier like me, have you considered a pouch instead of a holster? Mine is just a cheap one with a belt clip, but there are a number of them out there.

Oh, and with my phone drop, an Otterbox probably would have saved it, the Trident probably would have saved it, but I doubt that anything less bulky than that would have helped, just because of the way it hit the edge of the step. In fact, I'm not even 100% positive that the corner itself didn't strike the glass, in which case NOTHING would have saved it.
    That sucks. I take it the glass completely shattered? Are you looking to get the screen replaced?
    07-22-2013 11:43 AM
    That sucks. I take it the glass completely shattered? Are you looking to get the screen replaced?
    It wasn't shattered, but cracked across...

photo-2-.jpg

As for replacing the screen, no. I have Microsoft Assure insurance on it, so I walked into the store, gave them $50, and they gave me a brand new phone.
    07-22-2013 11:57 AM
    For those that sent emails to Poetic regarding the flared photos. Just received this email from them:

Dear Buyer,

We have continually improved upon this case and will be shipping a replacement from our most up to date batch tomorrow with the USPS tracking number: 9400******************. Also, due to the time and costs of a return, we have decided to make an exception and you are welcome to keep the defective unit as well. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Ruby from Poetic
    07-22-2013 03:32 PM
    And to add to Scorpio5x0's post, Amazon also has the revision for the case on their site.

Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for Nokia Lumia 928 Clear/Gray (3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories

816g9cbwq0l._sl1500_.jpg
    11B1P and hopmedic like this.
    07-22-2013 03:50 PM

Oh, and with my phone drop, an Otterbox probably would have saved it, the Trident probably would have saved it...
    I did consider a pouch, but finally decided on this.

*UPDATE: I received the holster/screen protector from the link above. The screen protector was not cut for the 928 and the case makes it a bit difficult to operate the buttons. I have an Open Case with the company that the screen protector is not as described. Waiting for them to follow-up with an answer. I've decided I don't care for the way the case fits the phone. I most likely will be returning them. My search continues.

I didn't like the Trident. It looked too bulky and the cutouts do not show all of the Carl Zeiss tab. It looks like they did a rush job to get a case out the door.
    Last edited by 11B1P; 08-01-2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: updated info
    07-22-2013 04:39 PM
    So, if you got the pre-revised version of the Poetic Atmospheric case, you should send Poetic an email with your order number from Amazon to see if you could get the revised case for free?

Please inform me if I'm mistaken.
    07-22-2013 07:06 PM
    So, if you got the pre-revised version of the Poetic Atmospheric case, you should send Poetic an email with your order number from Amazon to see if you could get the revised case for free?

Please inform me if I'm mistaken.
    That is correct!

Ps: to anybody with the Atmosphere case... how the **** did you get that case off? lol I've been trying for 20 minutes! im going to Jamaica and want to take my sim out and just use my phone as a camera.
    07-22-2013 07:30 PM
425 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD