928 Accessories List

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
For anyone looking, the Cyan Feather is finally back in stock on Incipio's website! I ordered mine and coupon code SUM20 still works for 20% off. Free shipping too!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
From a physics standpoint, it makes perfect sense that the lens causes flare. But also from a physics standpoint, it should be a simple fix - just block the light from entering the plastic by putting something opaque on the edge of the plastic that surrounds the flash.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just received the Poetic Atmosphere case as secondary case to the Incipio Feather case. I took some photos both with and without flash with the new case. I did not get the result that you guys are speaking of and that was shown above. Not sure what is different. I have the black 928, not sure if the combination of color of the phone and case would make a difference. What color phone does everyone have that is getting the glare?

sth2r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a white 928. The night I received the case I took test pics with flash in my apt. No halo. I didn't get the halo until I tried to take a picture last night outside in the complete dark.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a white 928. The night I received the case I took test pics with flash in my apt. No halo. I didn't get the halo until I tried to take a picture last night outside in the complete dark.

As soon as I can I will see what I get in complete darkness. But I am curious if the glossy finish on the white along with the case makes a difference.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine. Gahhhh why didn't anybody tell me this was a hard case and provides almost no protection for the screen! Not to mention it is ridiculously slippery! And the buttons are hard as tits to press!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine came today, and my white 928 looks sharp in it. I can't wait until my Decal Girl skin comes - an F/A-18 taking off from a carrier, with a flag background.... :wink:

I did test it, and the light needs to be pretty low to notice the halo effect, but it's definitely there. My wife came up with a great suggestion, though... White fingernail polish. And for $1 at the Dollar General, and five minutes of time, the problem is solved. Here's the before, the after, and a picture of the "modified" case:

WP_20130713_013.jpg WP_20130713_016.jpg
I took the picture of the recliner because the walls in the house are all light colored, so I couldn't get the halo to show up with much else. This is the darkest thing in my living room.

WP_20130713_015.jpg
Yeah, it could have been a little neater, but it's been a day or two (or forever) since I painted my fingernails. :wink:

One thing I am disappointed about is that on their website it mentions that the rubber "nubs" in the corners are to prevent scratching. But they don't even touch whatever surface you lay the phone on due to the curvature of the phone. Come on... All they had to do is go in about another quarter of an inch with them, and it would have been perfect....

Oh, and yes, it is a VERY difficult case to remove.

Scorpio, did you take pictures of light-colored items in the laundry room? I'd suggest trying a picture of something dark-colored, in dim light, with flash, and you'll definitely notice the lens flare, as with the first picture of my recliner. Notice that the flare appears in the lower-left side of the picture. That's because when held in landscape, the flash is on the right and slightly above the lens (looking at it from the screen-side of the phone). The image projected onto the sensor is opposite reality. The lower-left of the chair is projected to the upper right of the sensor, and so forth. That's why the flare is at the lower-left of the image instead of the upper-right.

sth2r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Here is one of the test pictures I took in my apartment immediately after getting the case and hearing about it halo'ing.

Test 1.jpg

Here is one of the photo's I took the next night while walking the pup. Notice the flares...

Flare 1.jpg

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Been playing with the camera since yesterday in different lighting situations and objects. I still have not been able to reproduce the halo in the photo. One thing I have noticed is that a split second before the focus kicks in the halo effect shows on the camera display, but as soon as the camera focuses the halo is gone.

Edit: Just reproduced the effect finally. Like Hopmedic stated above appears to be a combination of the case, lighting level, and depending on the darkness/lightness of what are trying to take a picture of. Was actually going to do the same thing and either use some black nail polish or a permanent marker.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody tried the Poetic FlipBook case?

716VmcUcj9L._SL1000_.jpg
I've been looking for a thin case that will protect the screen while in my pocket and this looks like it will work. Amazon has it for $12.95. The comments refer to a smiliar flare/halo issue but a sharpie seems to fix it. It looks good in this video about the version for the HTC One. Check it out!

Poetic FlipBook HTC One M7 Case - YouTube

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
So would it be correct to assume that if you have a black 928 that you don't get flare with the poetic atmosphere case on?

Anyone got pics with their installed on the phone?

Ross Williford

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone with the Aegis Trident case getting lens flare? If so, which color(s) of the Aegis case would minimize flare, if any?

Also, a couple amazon reviews of the Aegis Trident mention that the sound comes out muffled due do the speaker being excessively covered. Anyone find this to be an issue with that case?

sth2r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the back of the flip book case is clear? Pictures tell me no. However, reviews for the flip book, palette, and atmosphere case are seemingly merged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12