928 Accessories List

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I tried a couple of the cheap ones off Amazon thinking they'd be temporary. Total crap - the black TPU one messes up the screen (lock screen wouldn't swipe up properly) and you can't work the buttons through it.
The clear hard plastic thing was cheap! cheap!! cheap!!! and actually damaged the edge of my phone while I was trying to remove the dang thing.

So don't bother with any of those

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried a couple of the cheap ones off Amazon thinking they'd be temporary. Total crap - the black TPU one messes up the screen (lock screen wouldn't swipe up properly) and you can't work the buttons through it.
The clear hard plastic thing was cheap! cheap!! cheap!!! and actually damaged the edge of my phone while I was trying to remove the dang thing.

So don't bother with any of those

I beg to drastically differ with you ... the black TPU case "fits our 928 like a lambskin glove" ... see my post in this thread #45.

I have been using this since last Wed = ZERO PROBLEMS - the back fits perfectly, the sides barely roll onto the top glass - the "buttons are sealed" which I wasn't sure how they would work out ... but, again NO problem.

As I stated then ... FOR those of you that "like this look" of ... BLACK, ON BLACK, ON BLACK ... then, "whatever THEME color you like - we did cobalt blue - IT JUST POPS !!!

Because of the gorgeous black screen + black case ... the WP8 "TILES" just can't be missed ... and a number of people have stopped me and said ... "What phone IS THAT = VERY COOL??"

BTW ... the Amazon Black TPU "was $4.50" and is from China ... the prices has gone up and fluctuated ... so, it is quite possible that some cheap imitators have come in?

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Got a Ghost Armor screen protector custom cut for me a couple of days ago. They of course didn't have the one made for it in stock. But if you get a skilled employee, those guys can do wonders. I use their products on all if my phones .

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
FYI, I was in a Microsoft Store today, and they still had exactly zero accessories for this phone.

The Verizon stores - and online - have a "very nice" BLACK TPU case - also a blue one - that is better than the one I got on Amazon for $4.50 from China.

BUT, I am too cheap as the Verizon cases are $19.99 - Verizon also has a pack of 3 screen protectors for $12.99.

I have made a decision - after using screen protectors for YEARS - that this Nokia 928 "is just TOO COOL looking - to put on a screen protector.

I am too chicken to not use a "thin case" ... BUT ONCE YOUR "TOUCH" the Gorilla Glass ... it's "just too great" vs. a screen protector!

In fact ... THIS is what convinced me as the 928 has the same Gorilla Glass 2 as the 920 (I've read) ... plus, after while the "screen protectors just scratch" and look like crap!

Nokia Lumia 920 Torture Test II - Keys, knife and a mallet | Windows Phone Central

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget that if you have a corporate discount with Verizon, as a lot of us do, you'll get 25% off on that case and screen protectors. Still not a great deal, but worth mentioning.

Myself, I like the blue TPU case that I got from Verizon on launch day. I bought it as a temporary until cases start coming out, but it's growing on me.

Also, screen protectors scratch, but they can be replaced for less than $5 each. Gorilla Glass will scratch, too, but it's not so cheap.

RackDaddy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I got one of the TPU cases (in blue) from Verizon when I bought the phone, but I returned it a day later. I must be a complete wuss, because the cutouts for the right-side buttons were flipping sharp! It wasn't comfortable to hold at all.. I would have dealt with it if the case provided better protection, but it felt very cheap to me.

BikeMrown

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I grabbed the $5 black TPU case off Amazon. It will work until some legit manufacturers put something out. I wish they hand't left a cutout for the sim card tray because it makes a 1.5" total cutout (headphone, tray, usb) and so there is little protecting that top left corner and leading edge. Having that extra material over the tray would have helped keep the case more snug around the edge. It is nice to not have the slippery surface anymore (almost dropped my phone a few times) and stays on charging dock better. Of course, no interference when wirelessly charging on the JBL or the Nokia plate. The case is not as bulky as the cheap TPU that was on my Trophy.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I would LOVE a combo solar case that recharges via wireless. Think about it, you could charge anywhere. Realistically, you probably wouldn't even need alot of mA. You could prob design it to trickle charge 90% of the time. You could put the solar cells on the back of the case so just leave it flipped over and it would be trickle charging. On your desk, on your dashboard, under your desk light. Anywhere there would be SOME light, you could trickle charge it.

Prob a pipe dream I know, but as long as we are making wish lists...

eth3rton

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if this case is legit : HERE

p1779252263-11.jpg

I have googled and can not come up with anything on this case. Also do the Lumia 920 cases work with this phone? Mine will be here tomorrow and was hoping to have a nice case but they seem unavailable for the most part so far.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if this case is legit : HERE

View attachment 34969

I have googled and can not come up with anything on this case. Also do the Lumia 920 cases work with this phone? Mine will be here tomorrow and was hoping to have a nice case but they seem unavailable for the most part so far.

Wow! That looks like a BOMBER case! It looks like it has flap that will cover/seal the headphone and micro-USB ports?

920's are different in size and shape from 928's. You MIGHT be able to get a flimsy rubber/silicone cover to fit, but I would doubt it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have my doubts. First, no way is this a picture of a case for the 928. The corners are too rounded. Second, if you go to www.tridentcase.com, the manufacturer's site, there's no 928.

BUT - Trident was the first case company that I contacted asking them to do a 928 case (I loved the Trident Aegis for my 822). So, the page may be up in anticipation of something that is about to come....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Someone in another thread tried it, but had a really hard time getting the case off when he needed to exchange his phone. He didn't say anything about how he liked it other than that. I do recall one person saying it was too slippery, but again, nothing else.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have that case. It fits really well, not super thick so it fits well in my pocket, and it is a real pain to take off. I think it is a great option for the price.

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
I bought the blue cheapy case Verizon was selling just to have something on my phone. I admit, it's growing on me. I'd still like something more Incipio Feather-esque (that's what I had on my 4S) but this isn't terrible. It's grippy, fits the phone well, and pops nicely against the white Lumia.

Fingers and toes crossed for some more cases soon!

ravensfan52

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Found one decent case at amazon. If you type in black studded diamond armor cover case. I know it may look cheezy but for the price it may be worth it until you get a better one... and who ever posted about that red trident case for the lumia 928 actually fits the phone and is compatible with the phone..
http://store.wirexgroup.com/Products/view/product:22575# that case does work with the phone. That flip up black piece is for the charging port and if you look at the top right theres the flip up piece for the headphone jack. This trident case is the best case out for the lumia 928 so far...

But ive reached out to every main case provider for any release window and im still waiting to hear back?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa