928 Accessories List

shockjay

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a Trident Aegis case (Trident Case - Nokia Lumia 928) from Amazon as it is the only hard cover case I have been able to find so far. In my opinion it rivals with the Otterbox and is more than suitable for my needs. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a case.

zelek

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Trident case too and have been extremely happy with it so far. I did notice a halo on one of my pics though. Hope that doesn't become an ongoing problem when the flash activates. I'm using a Lumia 928 here as well.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It looks a lot better in person. I also hoped for more color choices but with the limited selection of good cases at the moment I couldn't pass it up. Everyone that has seen it thus far commented about how great it looks.
I'd like to see what it looks like with something like this under it... Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 928 American Flag Phone Case Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories
Only problem is that the decal doesn't have the cutout for the Carl Zeiss label and the Atmosphere does... Would rather they both treat it the same if using together.

With the poetic you can not use flash, the case is semi transparent so it causes a halo since the light bleeds over to the lens
What if you permanent marker around just in rim of the cutout? You think that would do the trick? (I rarely use flash anyway)
Hmmm... This is quite a shame. I wonder if they're aware of this problem, and if they're willing to (or working on) fixing it?

eao1991

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Can you take a picture to demonstrate this? This is quite a bummer, I was looking forward to this case. :(

I don't have the 928 near me but I can confirm it. I contacted Poetic so I'll update here when I get a response back. I rarely use the flash so it's not really an issue for me.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Pictures with the device. Overall it is a solid case and fits snug with the device. The lip will prevent the device's screen from resting flat on surfaces and all the cutouts align perfectly. Since they're covered, the side buttons don't respond like they do without the case on but it's still acceptable and shouldn't prevent anyone from getting this case.
If you look at the first picture in this post, you can read the 4G pretty clearly.... I'm wondering how this case would look with this skin on it, under the case....
https://www.decalgirl.com/artwork/5059/Launch
nl28-launch.jpg

sth2r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Got my Atmosphere case. Looks awesome, feels great. It makes the buttons much harder to press. I took quite a few test pictures and didn't see any halo's.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went ahead and ordered the Decal Girl US Navy skin, and the Poetic Atmosphere to go over it. Now all that's left is the wait. I'm thinking I'll cut out the skin to match the case, showing the Carl Zeiss label.

inertiaNokia

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone aware of a waterproof case for the 928? After hearing all of the problems with the poetic atmosphere, I need a solid case. I have a feather case, but want something a bit tougher.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go with the Atmosphere, but I'll figure something out to block the halo, like as was suggested to use permanent marker around the edges where the flash is. Really, that's all it should take.

sth2r

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I took more pictures tonight while outside and the halo was terrible! Completely ruined the photos. I'll figure out some way to black the edge around the flash out. I'm worried a perm. marker would be too glossy still.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter if it is glossy or not. All it has to do is stop the light from being transmitted THROUGH the plastic. What it's doing is transmitting through the plastic, and at the opening by the lens, it is being transmitted out of the plastic, essentially giving a flare on the lens. You'd get the same effect if taking a picture with the sun hitting the lens, except in this case it's coming from all around the lens instead of from one point in the sky. That's why we use lens hoods on SLR cameras.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Today in our lounge at work. 928 with the Poetic Atmosphere. Both flashes cause the halo. I agree that this is sad because I love the case.

View attachment 37328

What do you guys hotbox your lounge during your break? lol

jk, but yeah that is quite the bummer! Luckily for me I rarely ever use flash (I typically get better results without it) but occasionally I do need it.

And what Hopmedic said, the glossiness would not matter at all. Good example is this black case I have on my phone already, I consider it to be very glossy but that has not effected my shots with flash enabled!

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I looked at the screen shots for the poetic case on their website. The pictures are for their iPhone 5 version. Regardless, it shows the flash opening having the same rubbery material around the edges just like on the outside of the case. The 928's version doesn't have the little rubber material around the opening like the outside of the case. If they had done that, I imagine this wouldn't have been a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo