928 Accessories List

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Pictures with the device. Overall it is a solid case and fits snug with the device. The lip will prevent the device's screen from resting flat on surfaces and all the cutouts align perfectly. Since they're covered, the side buttons don't respond like they do without the case on but it's still acceptable and shouldn't prevent anyone from getting this case.

Hey eao1991, what screen protector are you using?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So would it be correct to assume that if you have a black 928 that you don't get flare with the poetic atmosphere case on?

Anyone got pics with their installed on the phone?
The color of the phone wouldn't matter. What causes the flare is that the flash is adjacent to the bevel of the case, which is clear. The light enters the plastic through that bevel, travels through the plastic as it would through a fiber-optic, then exits at the lens, causing the light to shine directly onto the lens. A powerful source of light shining directly on the lens is what cases lens flare. This is why photographers use lens hoods - to keep stray light sources, the sun for instance, from shining directly on the lens.

Is anyone with the Aegis Trident case getting lens flare? If so, which color(s) of the Aegis case would minimize flare, if any?

Also, a couple amazon reviews of the Aegis Trident mention that the sound comes out muffled due do the speaker being excessively covered. Anyone find this to be an issue with that case?

Since the Trident isn't clear, it won't cause flare. See above for explanation of what causes the flare.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So would it be correct to assume that if you have a black 928 that you don't get flare with the poetic atmosphere case on?

Anyone got pics with their installed on the phone?

Under the correct scenario the black will get the flare also. Just took a couple days of me playing with the camera in different lighting scenarios for it to show up. I used a permanent marker and blacked out the opening to the flash. Thus far I havent seen the flare reappear since doing that.

Ross Williford

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hopmedic: thanks. Any ideas on the second part of my question:

Also, a couple amazon reviews of the Aegis Trident mention that the sound comes out muffled due do the speaker being excessively covered. Anyone find this to be an issue with that case?

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've got the Aegis trident cast and don't notice any muffled sound, but I don't listen to a ton of audio from my device. The speaker hole is definitely not as big as the actual speak on the phone, so I'm sure it is muffled to some degree. Why they would design it that way, I don't know.

Ross Williford

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
OK thanks Arvydas. I don't see it being a dealbreaker for me either, just wanted to know since it seemed weird that most amazon reviewers mentioned it but no one here had. I'm going to go ahead and order it, but one last question:

How difficult is the case to remove if you want to temporarily take it off for a day?

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Under the correct scenario the black will get the flare also. Just took a couple days of me playing with the camera in different lighting scenarios for it to show up. I used a permanent marker and blacked out the opening to the flash. Thus far I havent seen the flare reappear since doing that.

Seems like a nice easy fix to me for what is supposed to be a nice case.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I sent poetic an email with a link to my post with the before and after picture, and what I did to fix it. Today I got this reply:

Dear Richard,

WE have come out plan to make the flash hole bigger. WE will have update version of products come out in next 5-7 business days. Please let me know your Amazon Order #. WE will send you the update version at free of charge.

Regards,

Jake Cheng
Poetic Cases Inc

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just thought of something... I wonder if the halo effect has something to do with the fact that many of the cases have nothing between the flash and the lens. Really, if you eliminated that section of plastic, this would be a non-issue.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just thought of something... I wonder if the halo effect has something to do with the fact that many of the cases have nothing between the flash and the lens. Really, if you eliminated that section of plastic, this would be a non-issue.

I think that is exactly what they are doing with their updated version!

rasputin01

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I found two cases on amazon, hard shell type with belt clip.

I've ordered both and I am still waiting for the second to arrive.

The first one is called a GTMax, a 3 piece unit. The rubber/silicone shock cover is available in limited colors - I looked but no red.

You put your phone in the silicone then put it into the black plastic hard shell, has a kickstand. Feels pretty comfy to me but I've been use to an otterbox on my iPhones.

Then the last piece is the hard plastic belt clip/holster. The clip does swivel and the phone must slide in like a holster, not just snap in.
I ordered a black / black and a blue / black setup. The black / black is decent the blue though makes me cringe.

All in all not bad for $9.95 + shipping and BlueMall was quick to ship and the tracking did work.

http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Holster...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2041819

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss