928 Accessories List

rasputin01

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
This is the other case I found on Amazon.
It is called the i-Blason 928 Prime series. It was released on July 10th and I ordered it on the 9th.

$9.99 + shipping.

I am still waiting for it to arrive, the tracking number does not work and the delivery estimate is July 15 - July 17. It adds a day every day I look.

It looks very similar to the GTMax case with these exceptions:

Only one color - black
Where speaker hole is on GTMax the i-Blason has their logo.
Where the camera & flash are located the GTMax is a square hole the i-Blason is a cut out section.

I can only go by the pictures at this time for the i-Blason.

The main reason I am posting these is that it was nearly a deal breaker not to have some type of belt clip for my phone and to have some level of protection.

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Got my Incipio feather plextonium case yesterday ("iridescent" gray for my black 928). Looks great and all, but wow this thing is very slippery! My phone slipped right out of my hand last night and took a fall on hard linoleum because of this case. Maybe I'll look for some grippy tape and put a small strip on the side.

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Having some trouble picking a case :unhappysweat:.

I'm looking for something that's slim and minimal --- so although I like the protection the Trident seems to offer, that's out.

I've narrowed it down to the three poetic cases (Atmosphere, Flipbook, and Palette) and the Incipio feather in Cyan. I've read through the thread and have seen people posting that they purchased the Incipio, but no one has really reviewed it/posted pics. Would someone who owns it mind doing that?

As for the Poetic cases, it seems that people like them. Probably leaning towards the Palette and Atmosphere more than the Flipbook, but any further comments/recommendations from you guys would be great :).

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking for something that's slim and minimal --- so although I like the protection the Trident seems to offer, that's out.

I've narrowed it down to the three poetic cases (Atmosphere, Flipbook, and Palette) and the Incipio feather in Cyan. I've read through the thread and have seen people posting that they purchased the Incipio, but no one has really reviewed it/posted pics. Would someone who owns it mind doing that?

As for the Poetic cases, it seems that people like them. Probably leaning towards the Palette and Atmosphere more than the Flipbook, but any further comments/recommendations from you guys would be great :).

Look through an earlier post of mine in this thread. I posted a couple pics of the Incipio Feather case on my 928.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My responses from Poetic regarding the glared photos:

Dear Buyer,

It is unfortunate to hear that the product you have received is defective and/or not functioning properly as the product should be. We will be gladly to help if you would kindly inform us of your

1. your shipping address(if different than your original order),

2. along with any pictures of the defect. Thank you.

Leo from Poetic

After replying back with an example of one of the glared photos:

Dear Customer,
We are expected to ship out the revision version by the end of next week. Once we ship it out, we will email you tracking #.
Regards,
Jake Cheng
Poetic Cases Inc

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It is called the i-Blason 928 Prime series. It was released on July 10th and I ordered it on the 9th.

$9.99 + shipping.

I am still waiting for it to arrive, the tracking number does not work and the delivery estimate is July 15 - July 17. It adds a day every day I look.

Only one color - black
Where the camera & flash are located the GTMax is a square hole the i-Blason is a cut out section.

The main reason I am posting these is that it was nearly a deal breaker not to have some type of belt clip for my phone and to have some level of protection.
Let us know how this works out. Pictures would be great. The picture on amazon is not a 928...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Received another email from Poetic, when I sent them my order number and asked if there was anything else he needed.

Nothing as needed. Please spread out the word that we will provide free replacement to those who received our old version ( Flash issue). Some users might be able to fix it by using marker to circle the camera hole. In that case, they will receive two case from us. Once our update fix version arrive, we will only ship out the fix version. It is going to be happy in a few days.

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Ah, yes. I missed that when I was back tracking before. I was concerned that the lip would not extend far enough to avoid the screen resting on a surface. But, from your pictures and others claims, it seems that the lip does indeed protrude far enough.

Any other comments on the case? How's it been holding up? Any sound muffling when you use the speaker?

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah, yes. I missed that when I was back tracking before. I was concerned that the lip would not extend far enough to avoid the screen resting on a surface. But, from your pictures and others claims, it seems that the lip does indeed protrude far enough.

Any other comments on the case? How's it been holding up? Any sound muffling when you use the speaker?

No complaints at all with the Incipio case. Probably the only thing that was negative, for me, was the opening to the camera lens. I would have rather had the opening extend the entire rear camera plate. But that is just an aesthetic issue for me. I am currently trying out the Poetic Atmosphere case and will probably go back and forth with the two once I find an easier way to take off the Poetic case. Which would be one of my negatives for the Poetic case. Once it is on difficult to get off. The other would be the issue that has already been addressed with the glare on photos caused by the flash and the case. The glare issue is being addressed as Poetic is sending out an updated case that addresses it. And a quick fix, in the meantime, is the nail polish or permanent marker around the flash opening.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's a pic of my phone now. Poetic Atmosphere, and Decal Girl skin (Launch) underneath:

WP_20130718_001.jpg

Gotta love an F/A-18 jumping off the flight deck!

Oh, and the reason for the Xacto knife is that the Decal Girl skin covers the Carl Zeiss | PureView badge, and since the Atmosphere doesn't cover it, I wanted it to SHINE!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Here's a pic of my phone now. Poetic Atmosphere, and Decal Girl skin (Launch) underneath:

View attachment 37621

Gotta love an F/A-18 jumping off the flight deck!

Oh, and the reason for the Xacto knife is that the Decal Girl skin covers the Carl Zeiss | PureView badge, and since the Atmosphere doesn't cover it, I wanted it to SHINE!

I like it, but it covers up the color of the phone. I bought a white 928 specifically for the color. I hate to cover it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

$9.99 + shipping.

Only one color - black

Does this case slide into the holster or snap into it?

After looking at this case, I noticed the description stated it is for the Nokia 928 made by Google. That is probably reason enough not to buy it. If manufacturers can't get their info correct, I don't see the need to support them financially.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I like it, but it covers up the color of the phone. I bought a white 928 specifically for the color. I hate to cover it.

The Atmosphere case is actually clear-ish, what you see in hopmedic's photo is a decal he added to the phone. Go back a few pages in this thread and you'll see a few on/off photos of the case and a white Lumia 928.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The Atmosphere case is actually clear-ish, what you see in hopmedic's photo is a decal he added to the phone. Go back a few pages in this thread and you'll see a few on/off photos of the case and a white Lumia 928.

Yeah, I realize that. That is my point, the decal looks great, but it covers up the color of the phone. I've decided that I want a case and holster, so the color of the phone will be covered using this option anyway. I prefer my phone on my belt since I carry so many things in my pockets. Now to find a case/holster I like.

cgallaer

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

I have the Poetic Atmosphere, the Incipio Feather, and the Trident Aegis for my L928. While the Atmosphere looked nice I found it too hard to remove. I swap my lightweight and heavyweight cases pretty frequently so I was willing to sacrifice the additional protection of the Atmosphere for the ease of installation/removal of the Incipio.

The Aegis is an awesome case, if you're looking for more protection. It definitely adds bulk to an already bulky phone.

Last edited:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I like the looks of the atmosphere, but it is just a case, no holster. And someone mentioned how slippery it is. You're not gaining anything in anti-slip features.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I like the looks of the atmosphere, but it is just a case, no holster. And someone mentioned how slippery it is. You're not gaining anything in anti-slip features.

I just dropped my phone today on tile floor because of the slipperiness of the Atmosphere case. No damage done though.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I realize that. That is my point, the decal looks great, but it covers up the color of the phone. I've decided that I want a case and holster, so the color of the phone will be covered using this option anyway. I prefer my phone on my belt since I carry so many things in my pockets. Now to find a case/holster I like.

By no means do I expect this to be the look for everyone. I personally wanted a patriotic case, and couldn't find one, but the skin I'd found is (and being Navy on top of that is a bonus! :wink:), and when I saw the Atmosphere, I just knew that this would work for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb