928 Accessories List

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
By no means do I expect this to be the look for everyone. I personally wanted a patriotic case, and couldn't find one, but the skin I'd found is (and being Navy on top of that is a bonus! :wink:), and when I saw the Atmosphere, I just knew that this would work for me.

No, I understand. I really like the decal. But for me, I purposely bought a white 928 because of the color. But now, I've decided I want a case and holster, so really the color of the phone is a moot point, unless I find a case that still highlights the color of the phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think the Atmosphere is good for showing the color of the phone, too. It offers a moderate amount of protection, but it didn't save my phone from a drop which landed on the edge of a concrete step in my back yard this weekend, when I was trying to take a picture of a snake's body after I chopped his head off, so that I could identify it, and it started moving, crawling away. I almost fell down the stairs I jumped so high.

Rich don't do snakes.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh - and as for case and holster, since you're a belt-carrier like me, have you considered a pouch instead of a holster? Mine is just a cheap one with a belt clip, but there are a number of them out there.

Oh, and with my phone drop, an Otterbox probably would have saved it, the Trident probably would have saved it, but I doubt that anything less bulky than that would have helped, just because of the way it hit the edge of the step. In fact, I'm not even 100% positive that the corner itself didn't strike the glass, in which case NOTHING would have saved it.

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh - and as for case and holster, since you're a belt-carrier like me, have you considered a pouch instead of a holster? Mine is just a cheap one with a belt clip, but there are a number of them out there.

Oh, and with my phone drop, an Otterbox probably would have saved it, the Trident probably would have saved it, but I doubt that anything less bulky than that would have helped, just because of the way it hit the edge of the step. In fact, I'm not even 100% positive that the corner itself didn't strike the glass, in which case NOTHING would have saved it.

That sucks. I take it the glass completely shattered? Are you looking to get the screen replaced?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. I take it the glass completely shattered? Are you looking to get the screen replaced?

It wasn't shattered, but cracked across...

Photo(2).jpg

As for replacing the screen, no. I have Microsoft Assure insurance on it, so I walked into the store, gave them $50, and they gave me a brand new phone.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
For those that sent emails to Poetic regarding the flared photos. Just received this email from them:

Dear Buyer,

We have continually improved upon this case and will be shipping a replacement from our most up to date batch tomorrow with the USPS tracking number: 9400******************. Also, due to the time and costs of a return, we have decided to make an exception and you are welcome to keep the defective unit as well. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Ruby from Poetic

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Oh, and with my phone drop, an Otterbox probably would have saved it, the Trident probably would have saved it...

I did consider a pouch, but finally decided on this.

*UPDATE: I received the holster/screen protector from the link above. The screen protector was not cut for the 928 and the case makes it a bit difficult to operate the buttons. I have an Open Case with the company that the screen protector is not as described. Waiting for them to follow-up with an answer. I've decided I don't care for the way the case fits the phone. I most likely will be returning them. My search continues.

I didn't like the Trident. It looked too bulky and the cutouts do not show all of the Carl Zeiss tab. It looks like they did a rush job to get a case out the door.

Last edited:

Skylimix

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
So, if you got the pre-revised version of the Poetic Atmospheric case, you should send Poetic an email with your order number from Amazon to see if you could get the revised case for free?

Please inform me if I'm mistaken.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So, if you got the pre-revised version of the Poetic Atmospheric case, you should send Poetic an email with your order number from Amazon to see if you could get the revised case for free?

Please inform me if I'm mistaken.

That is correct!

Ps: to anybody with the Atmosphere case... how the **** did you get that case off? lol I've been trying for 20 minutes! im going to Jamaica and want to take my sim out and just use my phone as a camera.

Skylimix

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
That is correct!

Ps: to anybody with the Atmosphere case... how the **** did you get that case off? lol I've been trying for 20 minutes! im going to Jamaica and want to take my sim out and just use my phone as a camera.
Thanks!

And I'm with you on that. I think my case has a crease on it from the amount of strain I put in order to take it off. My case seems to open up by taking off the top corners first and pulling it off from there.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

And I'm with you on that. I think my case has a crease on it from the amount of strain I put in order to take it off. My case seems to open up by taking off the top corners first and pulling it off from there.

I finally found a way lol Start with the top right, then bottom right, and then just slide the phone out from the side!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That is correct!

I finally found a way lol Start with the top right, then bottom right, and then just slide the phone out from the side!

Yeah... It's a real pain to remove.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there the grey rubber around the flash opening?

They removed the plastic that sat between the flash and the camera lens in the revised version. So no plastic for the light to pass through. Haven't had a chance to test it out, but I would expect the issue to be corrected.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It would be awesome if you could take a picture of the case with the removed plastic section. If that is the solution to the halos it could be probably be trimmed off existing cases.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
There was a link posted earlier in this thread to Amazon. The Amazon page now shows the revised case. Yes you probably could cut the piece out but then you would have sharp edges, rather than rounded. Before cutting the piece out, it would be easier to just black it out with a sharpie or nail polish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss