928 Accessories List

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Got my Poetic Atmosphere case in the mail yesterday, its gorgeous and, most importantly, the rev 2 model that has the corrected hole to correct the flash halo. Now that I've got it on my phone I'm really wanting a fancy decal for the back. I may just hop on PhotoShop and make a simple paper cutout to stick to the back. I'll put up a picture if it comes out worth a damn.

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
Bought the Poetic Flipbook from Amazon. Very impressed with the quality. It's a little weird getting used to flipping open the case to use it, but it gives me warm fuzzies to my old PDA days. No magnet or any way to hold the flap shut, but it seems to stay shut via friction/weight extremely well on its own.

It looks much nicer than a $12 case, so I am pleased.

freddyfromutah

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Bought the Poetic Flipbook from Amazon. Very impressed with the quality. It's a little weird getting used to flipping open the case to use it, but it gives me warm fuzzies to my old PDA days. No magnet or any way to hold the flap shut, but it seems to stay shut via friction/weight extremely well on its own.

For $12, I may give it a try, thanks :)

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

Does it make it more difficult to use the camera function when having to flip it open? Does the (open) flap get in the way and/or block at the lens?

Thanks in advance

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
The flap will block the camera if you flip it around the phone while taking a photo. But if you take photos with the shutter button side up, the flap dangles down and isn't in the way.

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
The flap will block the camera if you flip it around the phone while taking a photo. But if you take photos with the shutter button side up, the flap dangles down and isn't in the way.

Thank you for the feedback. One other question, what about if you're taking a picture in the portrait orientation? Do you have to hold the flap to make sure it doesn't swing around to block the lens? Sorry for the prodding questions, this is a case I was interested in when I first saw it, but was concerned it would be more trouble than it was worth in terms of ease of access to the camera function.

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback. One other question, what about if you're taking a picture in the portrait orientation? Do you have to hold the flap to make sure it doesn't swing around to block the lens? Sorry for the prodding questions, this is a case I was interested in when I first saw it, but was concerned it would be more trouble than it was worth in terms of ease of access to the camera function.

Yes, you will need to hold the flap, but it's not terribly awkward. You can hold the flap open one-handed with a bit of practice, and if you're holding it two-handed it is super easy to keep it from flopping all the way back. It's easier for sure in horizontal mode but portrait is certainly do-able.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
One issue I just noticed with my Poetic Atmosphere case is the camera button. It seems to cause the button to stick when I take pictures. :eck: I was going to shave a little bit of the inside of the case off but I just realized I don't have an X-acto knife or similar. Before I go scraping away have any of you Atmosphere case owners run into this? Am I going in the right direction with my attempted solution?

Side note: Hoooley crap is this case a pain to remove :angry::angry: definitely don't want to do this too many more times. Someone suggested back around page 10 or 11 to pop one of the top corners out and pull out the phone. Now I realize why he chose "pull" as the descriptive word.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
One issue I just noticed with my Poetic Atmosphere case is the camera button. It seems to cause the button to stick when I take pictures. :eck: I was going to shave a little bit of the inside of the case off but I just realized I don't have an X-acto knife or similar. Before I go scraping away have any of you Atmosphere case owners run into this? Am I going in the right direction with my attempted solution?

Side note: Hoooley crap is this case a pain to remove :angry::angry: definitely don't want to do this too many more times. Someone suggested back around page 10 or 11 to pop one of the top corners out and pull out the phone. Now I realize why he chose "pull" as the descriptive word.
Yes, it is a major pain to get out.... Yes, I have had the same problem with the camera button. I haven't shaved any off, but I did take the case off and "stretch" the button part of the case with an envelope opener (not sharp, obviously), and it has helped. Still not as good as nothing on the buttons at all.

One thing I've considered, and keep forgetting about unless I'm here at work, is to take my original Atmosphere, the one with the flash hole that caused lens flare, and cut out all of the buttons, to make the case more like the Verizon TPU case that I started out with, to see how it looks, and if it looks ok, do the same with the replacement case that I'm using now. I'll try to remember to do that this weekend.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
As promised, I have some pictures that are worth a damn of my scratch-made cover insert.

WP_20130816_14_58_21_Pro.jpg
picture034.jpg

The logo is from my sister's Etsy business (shameless plug Fun Fresh Foxy Custom Accessories by ShopTheCopperFox on Etsy) and I simply printed it out on cardstock and used a box cutter to trim out the appropriate holes after I measured them out. Turned out as good as I had hoped.

Also, I did as you suggested Hopmedic and I used a flat blade screwdriver to stretch out the camera button on the case, so far it seems to be working. Let us know if you do end up taking a knife to your case so we can see how that looks/works.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I did take an Xacto knife to my case. First the old one to see how it looked, and then the replacement. I like it a lot better. I'd forgotten how crisp the two-step shutter button felt. The cuts aren't quite straight, as the rubber isn't the easiest thing to cut, but you have to look close to even notice. I started out trying to make the holes oval like the button indentions were, but it was just too hard to cut the rubber on a curve and make it look good. I very much like having that tactile feel of the buttons once again, though.

Phone case.jpg

cloakandcipher

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Finally picked up my very own 928 and haven't been able to put it down. Still customizing and learning what it can do (although I wont bore you with that in this forum.) Fantastic so far.

I'm split between a couple of cases at the moment. The trident ( Amazon.com: TRIDENT CASE AG-NOK-LUMIA928-BK AEGIS BLACK PLASTIC SCRATCH: Cell Phones & Accessories )
And the Rock FlipCase ( Amazon.com: Rock Leather Flip Case Film For Nokia Lumia 928 (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint) (Orange): Cell Phones & Accessories )

Haven't heard much about the Rock but it seems to fit the aesthetic of the phone much better. Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on either case?

DaBeard

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Finally picked up my very own 928 and haven't been able to put it down. Still customizing and learning what it can do (although I wont bore you with that in this forum.) Fantastic so far.

I'm split between a couple of cases at the moment. The trident ( Amazon.com: TRIDENT CASE AG-NOK-LUMIA928-BK AEGIS BLACK PLASTIC SCRATCH: Cell Phones & Accessories )
And the Rock FlipCase ( Amazon.com: Rock Leather Flip Case Film For Nokia Lumia 928 (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint) (Orange): Cell Phones & Accessories )

Haven't heard much about the Rock but it seems to fit the aesthetic of the phone much better. Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on either case?

Well, the Aegis will actually protect your case, the Rock Flip case looks like it's simply for aesthetic purposes. I love my Aegis case, has done quite well in protecting my phone.

dmtaub

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I did take an Xacto knife to my case. First the old one to see how it looked, and then the replacement. I like it a lot better. I'd forgotten how crisp the two-step shutter button felt. The cuts aren't quite straight, as the rubber isn't the easiest thing to cut, but you have to look close to even notice. I started out trying to make the holes oval like the button indentions were, but it was just too hard to cut the rubber on a curve and make it look good. I very much like having that tactile feel of the buttons once again, though.

View attachment 40577

Funny, I actually did the same thing, except I only cut out the camera button. I was unable to focus a picture and it was driving me nuts. A couple of cuts later and bam, good as new. I did notice the hole for the charging port was a little tight for my charging cable (I have a separate one from the cable in the box) so I might have to grab a new one. Sucks having to take it out of the case each night for fear of it not charing. Otherwise, best case I have had for any phone so far.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this one Amazon YESOO Ultra Slim Fit Flexible Case for Nokia Lumia 928 and really like it. I wanted something quick but also that I would like the look of. Wasn't sure of the color to choose for my White 928 but thought I'd go with the White hoping that it would not change the look of the phone much, and it doesn't.

So, in case anyone was wondering about this one, it's a fantastic price, provides nice back support, fits very slim. The biggest downside is really that I like the feel of the bare phone and this feels similar to the black poly phone to me. But that's to be expected with any cover. It feels great in the hand, soft but firm and very comfortable to hold. I skipped a few others for several reasons, especially being hard to remove from the case, this isn't luckily but still very secure when in it. My phone basically looks the same, the white is not really a solid color more a clear white, slightly cloudy, and it helps keep the look of the phone nicely. I would think that if someone with a black phone ordered this one, their phone would appear as a light to medium grey, I'm guessing it might look pretty good.

I like the Incipio one that several have and may order that one soon but would love to see it in person first to see if the feel is the same as this one and if it provides some truly higher grade of protection. I think the cyan looks great but I got a white phone because I liked the look of the white phone. If Incipio made a white case, I'd probably already have ordered it. Very few cases don't extend on all sides and I like that look much more that the others as it doesn't interfere with the clean lines of the face of the phone.

BikeMrown

May 24, 2013
Visit site
nwildcat, I have the Incipio feather case and I have two of these YESOO cases for color options (plus I actually misread and thought they were silicon gel-like material). The material of the Incipio is just a bit more dense and ever so slightly thicker. Neither case is going to provide much damage protection. I've only dropped on carpeted floor and short distance on hardwood. If I were you, I would stick with the YESOO since the are almost identical. No point in paying $15+ for a very minor upgrade in material.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)