05-20-2013 07:18 AM
112 1234 ...
tools
    So will we be able to pre order or do we have to wait till Thursday and just buy it?
    05-12-2013 01:06 PM
    Another request ..

If someone can check and see if the audio stream recording during video is stereo or mono. If you have a video file on you PC, right click, properties, details ..

it looks like this:

05-12-2013 01:45 PM
    So any chance of telling us how you are able to have had this for so long? :)
    Thanks for all the photos and videos though - much appreciated :)
    Nokia Lumia Engineering :)
    I read these forums often and when a new phone comes out there are lots of questions that aren't always answered (and misinformation that gets spread around). You guys are interested in details that the average consumer isn't and the marketing material doesn't always cover everything. I obviously can't give out any information on future products/features or other Nokia proprietary info but I am happy to answer questions about the 928 and show off the reasons I think this phone is so awesome. Not trying to hijack this thread, if Abe wants me to take it elsewhere someone can start a new one.
    ArvydasGOAT, jmajid, vlad0 and 1 others like this.
    05-12-2013 02:01 PM
    I read these forums often and when a new phone comes out there are lots of questions that aren't always answered (and misinformation that gets spread around). You guys are interested in details that the average consumer isn't and the marketing material doesn't always cover everything. I obviously can't give out any information on future products/features or other Nokia proprietary info but I am happy to answer questions about the 928 and show off the reasons I think this phone is so awesome. Not trying to hijack this thread, if Abe wants me to take it elsewhere someone can start a new one.
    Thanks to you and Honestabebread - seriously.

I think if you create a new thread it would be followed voraciously :) esp now that you have been sharing photos and videos:)
    05-12-2013 02:19 PM
    can you comment on how "future-proof" the 920 and 928 are, esp. re: wp9 if you're allowed to divulge such information?
    05-12-2013 02:40 PM
    I don't think anyone knows anything about current phones and WP9 yet...or at least outside of high up in Microsoft...
    05-12-2013 02:48 PM
    can you comment on how "future-proof" the 920 and 928 are, esp. re: wp9 if you're allowed to divulge such information?
    I don't have information on future software support. I started a new thread and will check back later to answer what I can.
    05-12-2013 02:58 PM
    How much lighter is the 928 vs the 920? Is it like "holy crap" or is it like "oh yeah ok"
    05-12-2013 09:14 PM
    I know you said you wont comment on future tech but because you said "Lumia Engineering" I have to ask. Ballpark figure, how much longer do we have to wait for HDMI out? This is the feature I can't believe WP does not have and the only one I really feel I am missing out on.
    05-12-2013 09:48 PM
    I know you said you wont comment on future tech but because you said "Lumia Engineering" I have to ask. Ballpark figure, how much longer do we have to wait for HDMI out? This is the feature I can't believe WP does not have and the only one I really feel I am missing out on.
    AFAIK hdmi is fading out as a whole. Therefore is not coming back.
    05-12-2013 10:43 PM
    The weight is definitely noticeable but not an enormous change, I never thought the 920 was overweight to begin with.

What is it that you want to do with HDMI out? I find that Play To works well for connecting to my tv/xbox, and photobeamer is an underrated app I use all the time.
    jmajid likes this.
    05-12-2013 11:24 PM
    The weight is definitely noticeable but not an enormous change, I never thought the 920 was overweight to begin with.
    Then try doing cardio with a phone in your pocket. It drags your pants down.
    05-13-2013 01:54 AM
    Then try doing cardio with a phone in your pocket. It drags your pants down.
    Work out in the wrong neighborhood and no one will notice.
    05-13-2013 06:28 AM
    Right on. I've never held a 920. Just a 900.
    05-13-2013 08:27 AM
    I have had HDMI on my last two Nokia phones, and never used it - have the cables, never used it :)
    I have used play to though...via DLNA (and xbmc)
    I have on the other hand used the USB-OTG
    05-13-2013 08:47 AM
    Work out in the wrong neighborhood and no one will notice.
    My running routine actually goes past kindergarten, which is close to forest and then beach.

So running pants down near little children that are close to forest... Yeah
    05-13-2013 08:52 AM
    My running routine actually goes past kindergarten, which is close to forest and then beach.

So running pants down near little children that are close to forest... Yeah
    ROFL! We'll see you on the news!
    05-13-2013 09:16 AM
    So I have a Galaxy S3, 928, Intuition, and 8X all sitting on my desk right now. **** is cray
    05-14-2013 05:19 PM
    Ordered mine in white as a concession line yesterday. Should be here in a few days
    05-14-2013 05:58 PM
    So I have a Galaxy S3, 928, Intuition, and 8X all sitting on my desk right now. **** is cray
    Cool.. So how is the 928. Does it meet your expectations?. is it very heavy?
    05-14-2013 06:06 PM
    It's phenomenal man. The xenon flash is mind blowing. Turned my office light out and shut the door and took a picture. Couldn't even tell that it was a dark room at all. The loudspeaker isn't as loud as they make it out to be, it's just really clear.

Feels like it's indestructible. The white model does feel like it could get gunky if you have oily hands though.

The AMOLED screen rules and you can't tell where the screen ends.
    05-14-2013 07:52 PM
    Ordered mine in white as a concession line yesterday. Should be here in a few days
    They overnighted mine. Hopefully you'll have it by launch.
    Beast of Haeven likes this.
    05-14-2013 07:57 PM
    It's phenomenal man. The xenon flash is mind blowing. Turned my office light out and shut the door and took a picture. Couldn't even tell that it was a dark room at all. The loudspeaker isn't as loud as they make it out to be, it's just really clear.

Feels like it's indestructible. The white model does feel like it could get gunky if you have oily hands though.

The AMOLED screen rules and you can't tell where the screen ends.
    Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my face and keyboard.

Heard any word on any sales? I'm wondering if someplace like Wal-Mart will do an 822 type sale on this phone.
    05-14-2013 08:39 PM
    They overnighted mine. Hopefully you'll have it by launch.
    Perfect
    05-14-2013 08:47 PM
    The loudspeaker isn't as loud as they make it out to be, it's just really clear.
    Aww man not what I wanted to hear.
    05-14-2013 09:49 PM
112 1234 ...