Just ordered the 928 as a concession phone

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Another thing, Honest Abe.... I'm thinking the loudspeaker may sound better with the phone sitting on a table, so that it uses the surface of the table to reflect the sound. Could be wrong, but definitely worth trying out.

That will help a lot but I'm praying that the 928 is as loud without sitting against a surface as my trophy is sitting against a surface.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the issue might be that I was streaming the song via Nokia Music on the 928, but it was stored locally at 320kbps on my Intuition (Optimus Vu). I'll do a more fair comparison tonight.

When i tested against other phones I pulled up the same youtube video on both. You are probably right that loading the mp3 on both phones will be a better comparison than streaming.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm in love. The screen is amazing. I could barely handle the yellow theme on my 8X but the 928 handles the blacks and the brightness so much better I can actually use the yellow theme.

I didn't get to test the speaker more yet for music, but I can tell you it's mind blowingly good as a speakerphone. My God.

nyonya

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Would love some battery impressions when you've had some time with it - especially as you can compare it to so many other phones.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna give it a full battery cycle tomorrow. Let it die 100% tonight, charge it all night, then go all day tomorrow and see how it holds up. Its pacing to be pretty spectacular.

No group texting

epran712

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my face and keyboard.

Heard any word on any sales? I'm wondering if someplace like Wal-Mart will do an 822 type sale on this phone.

ALSO Best Buy, or just Verizon stores? I love the service at best buy, (plus I kinda worked there, know a lot of people there if ya know what I mean)

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Where'd they say that?

Apparently reps at Verizon noted that the fix for it is scheduled for the next software release for Windows Phones. GDR2 is the likely software release that will have it. There were some threads that discussed this a month or two ago.

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The weight is definitely noticeable but not an enormous change, I never thought the 920 was overweight to begin with.

What is it that you want to do with HDMI out? I find that Play To works well for connecting to my tv/xbox, and photobeamer is an underrated app I use all the time.

I would like the option to use my phone on a tv/monitor even if it doesnt have hdlna. I still dream of the day my phone is my computer and I dock it and get to work too though lol.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
so when is gdr2 coming out? it was rumored to be with the launch of the 928 ? now who knows amber is suppose to be a separate nokia only update apart from gdr2 so whats the word on gdr2

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
so when is gdr2 coming out? it was rumored to be with the launch of the 928 ? now who knows amber is suppose to be a separate nokia only update apart from gdr2 so whats the word on gdr2

I thought Lumia 925 was getting the GDR2 and amber update on launch? Amber will be delivered with GDR2 like these manufacturer updates have usually been. So maybe in July when the firmware was said to be coming to Nokia's other phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb