Absolutely Nothing on the Verizon Site

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have No Idea but if this phone is going to be released next Thursday Why in the world is there not one WORD about this Phone on Verizon.com?
Does Verizon only care about Android Releases ? I can't for the life of me understand Verizon and Windows Phones, they have been
fighting them from day 1.

Let me give you and example, there are 2 Verizon stores in our town, my Neighbor a 17 year old had an IPhone that was kind of broken. And
she really likes my Lumia 920 so she went to the Verizon store to replace her IPhone and the store told her they did not carry any windows phones.
and she left with an android that she just doesn't like . A month later she had an issue with the phone and was at the Mall, stopped in the Verizon store
and she saw a Windows Phone, she asked how long have you had that phone, they told her awhile now. She was soooo mad ...
what is the deal with that .. is this another non owned Verizon store ? that just does not want to sell windows phones ?

And why is there nothing on Verizon Website..

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Did she originally go into a corporate Verizon store? The corporate stores certainly carey Windows...but unfortunately still many reps don't recommend it because of being unfamiliar with, and still thinking it has no apps..

Not sure why the 928 isn't showing on the site yet though...

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I work with guy and noticed he had a WP8 phone. He didn't seem to know too much about it. He told me he and his wife went to the Verizon store with the intent of getting iPhones. He said the salesman talked him into two WP8 phones instead. Blanket statements of Verizon not caring about Windows just isn't true.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have No Idea but if this phone is going to be released next Thursday Why in the world is there not one WORD about this Phone on Verizon.com?
Does Verizon only care about Android Releases ? I can't for the life of me understand Verizon and Windows Phones, they have been
fighting them from day 1.

Let me give you and example, there are 2 Verizon stores in our town, my Neighbor a 17 year old had an IPhone that was kind of broken. And
she really likes my Lumia 920 so she went to the Verizon store to replace her IPhone and the store told her they did not carry any windows phones.
and she left with an android that she just doesn't like . A month later she had an issue with the phone and was at the Mall, stopped in the Verizon store
and she saw a Windows Phone, she asked how long have you had that phone, they told her awhile now. She was soooo mad ...
what is the deal with that .. is this another non owned Verizon store ? that just does not want to sell windows phones ?

And why is there nothing on Verizon Website..

I went to a verizon store a few weeks ago and the person who worked there was totally clueless. I walked over to where the windows phones were and her only comment was "we don't sell very many of those". I don't know much but I knew a lot more about the phones than she did.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Wrong. A few minutes after Apple announced the iPhone for Verizon, it was on their front page, even before preorders. Very annoying that they don't care enough about this.
Nokia Lumia 928 Available Starting May 16

I would guess the actual 928 product page isn't up because they aren't taking preorders. I don't think they ever put up product pages until you can preorder or order the phone.

Last edited:

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
From what Verizon has been saying they are really wanting WP8 to take off. The devices don't have near as many issues as Android which result in returns/exchanges and they get more money per device than iPhone. Verizon started out acting very cold towards WP (KIN....) but I think they are starting to warm up to them.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phones have lower call in rates and a lower subsidy than both iPhone and Android flagships. You literally can't get on the company intranet without seeing a 928. I'm assuming the same will go for customers around launch time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa