01-26-2016 12:31 PM
552 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    @Zomby Jeezus

That sucks, seems to me you had some really bad luck with your 928. I've had mine since mid-June and the only issue physically is the yellow soft keys (been there since day one) and some wear marks on the back from taking it in and out of the pouch I use.

Personally, I don't believe it's a physical defect but more so a nature of the design of the phone. The edge-to-edge glass is more prone to cracking because unlike other phones, like the 920, that have some body to absorb the impact when dropped on its sides, the 928 has none.

If you want to replace your screen you may want to pm EDMmmmmmm for some help, believe he's an engineer for Nokia if I recall correctly. He replied to someone else offering his assistance in this thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post2030039

If I were you, I would consider looking at another phone. Maybe it's just not the right fit for you. Others have also cracked their screens, but not three times in row, at least not that I'm aware of. Would hate to have you spend another $200 to replace the screen only for it to happen again. Good luck with whatever you decide.

john
    09-05-2013 11:53 PM
    I almost had mine replaced for the slight bit of gunk under the start button. Thank god I didn't! I haven't had any of the problems that some of you are facing. I have had the screen freeze up a few times post amber but still think that will be corrected with an update. Still loving my 928.
    09-06-2013 09:00 AM
    Just throwing my name in the big bucket of people having lock-ups / screen freezes and reboots after this last update (GDR2D2 or wtf). My 928 was very solid, no reboots or issues at all, then about a week after updating, I'm getting lock-ups or reboots daily, sometimes multiple times per day. This isn't acceptable performance for my phone. I'm close to doing a complete system reset and see if that helps. As anyone tried that - a full wipe?
    pugpuggle likes this.
    09-06-2013 09:44 AM
    Unfortunately my store did not get them in stock as planned, so I need to wait until next weekend to get this lemon replaced :-(.
    09-06-2013 10:05 PM
    I spoke too soon on my last post. Definitely a loose wire...happened to me again today, and I put pressure on the back and it was fine. Just going to deal with it since that's how I hold my phone anyway. Inconvenient? Yes. But I don't feel like getting a "Used Like-New" phone that is probably just as crap.
    Just as a warning, this will work for 2 or 3 weeks. Then you'll have to start plugging in headphones because the pressure technique will work every 3rd or 4th call, tops.

I had to return my first phone. I'll return this one, too. The first one fell about 2 feet onto carpet, then I noticed this issue. My second phone has never been dropped.
    09-06-2013 10:33 PM
    Now having a problem with my power/lock button not working... meaning I cannot soft reset if my screen locks up again.
    09-06-2013 11:32 PM
    I've had to replace my first 928. The phone would freeze up and reboot at least 3 times a week. Then it got to the point where when someone would call me or I would call them I could not hear them but they said the could hear me and I would have to reboot my phone to get it working again. Now this new one is having problems and its getting annoying. Not a good experience for my first windows phone.
    09-07-2013 09:13 AM
    My problem since update is that the screen is hypersensitive. It seems to now be able to detect the touch of ghosts and other spirits. At times it acts as if I'm touching the screen repeatedly, when in fact there isn't anything, even a breeze touching it. Either I need to call Ghostbusters, or something's wrong.
    I'm not sure if you have the super sensitive screen on or not, but I realized with this feature enabled the screen detects oil residue on the glass as strikes.
    09-08-2013 03:55 AM
    @ john_blaze I ended up canceling my contact with Verizon and switching to att for the 1020
    09-08-2013 09:49 AM
    Congrats on the purchase, hopefully it'll work out better for you.

I stopped by AT&T and took a look at the 1020. It's a nice phone with a ridiculous camera, but I just wouldn't be able to justify the camera hump considering I don't take that many pictures. Plus, I'm grandfathered into unlimited data on Verizon so I won't be switching carriers till they either get rid of it entirely or screw me somehow royally. I also just bought the 928 two and a half months ago for full retail so I'm not planning on upgrading for the next two years. Although, I will say from the leaks so far, the 1520 is looking mighty tempting.
    09-08-2013 09:32 PM
    Just got a replacement 928black for my defective one(power button wouldn't work), let's see how this goes...
    09-09-2013 12:01 AM
    My phone is suddenly shaking the OS up and down by a pixel row or two when keeping my finger on the screen. It is really annoying because it makes it look like I am going through a earthquake each time I forget to take my finger off the screen. I have already tried turning off double tap and rebooting the phone. I have also done a full hard reset with no luck. Any ideas?
    09-11-2013 12:30 AM
    If a hard reset doesn't resolve the problem, it's hardware.
    09-11-2013 11:39 AM
    My 2nd 928 won't get past gears, incredibly frustrated. First had a bad camera and 2nd had a bad speaker. Both worked fine for a few weeks and never came back after a reset.
    09-11-2013 10:44 PM
    Hello everyone, I think I have found the cause of the unresponsive screen lock on Nokia Lumia 928 after the new update.
    I have had my phone for over 3 months now and didn't have any issues with it and loved it more than any of the other phones out right now. To me it seemed the best on the market, except for the lack of apps on the windows store. Anyways, shortly after the Amber software update for my Lumia 928, I pressed my unlock button and the screen was unresponsive. Only the volume button and lock button was working. I was furious. First thing I did was googled my issue and found out how to do a soft reset. This was a short term fix for my issue but not permanent, for I began to have an unresponsive screen up to 2 times a day for about two weeks. This was embarrassing because I had convinced all my friends my phone was better than theirs and now it freezes all he time. So I thought for a while and did some online research. I didn't find anything helpful besides a soft reset it hard reset. I didn't do a hard reset because I didn't wana set up my phone again. What I tried was soley based on an idea that the update made my phone worse. I had noticed that my phone seemed dimmer after the update and went to my brightness levels. It was set on automatic so that it would save battery and get brighter when in sunlight ect. When I put my phone on low (the lowest setting) it got brighter. I thought this was odd because I had tried all of the brightness settings before and in dark rooms the brightness on automatic was the same as low. Thats when I realized that after the update, the phones brightness will turn off completely to save battery when in very dark rooms. I turned off the brightness automatic adjust setting as well as the find my phone setting (turned off find my phone because I had it off before the update so I did it out of suspicion) and since I changed these settings, my phone has not been unresponsive. It has been three weeks now and I hope everyone sees this.

Incase someone is wondering what setting my brightness is on, I put it on medium, and I leave it like that all the time. Hope I helped. If u have any questions email me at devindstanton@gmail.com

-Devin
    09-12-2013 04:28 PM
    09-12-2013 05:28 PM
    Just throwing my name in the big bucket of people having lock-ups / screen freezes and reboots after this last update (GDR2D2 or wtf). My 928 was very solid, no reboots or issues at all, then about a week after updating, I'm getting lock-ups or reboots daily, sometimes multiple times per day. This isn't acceptable performance for my phone. I'm close to doing a complete system reset and see if that helps. As anyone tried that - a full wipe?
    I posted above the solution for the unresponsive screen you and thousands of others are dealing with. It worked for my phone i hope it works for yours and everyone else too.
    09-12-2013 08:01 PM
    I posted above the solution for the unresponsive screen you and thousands of others are dealing with. It worked for my phone i hope it works for yours and everyone else too.
    I will try your fix on my parents phones and let you know.
    09-14-2013 01:25 PM
    I had my first freeze up today, but that was only after installing 6tag. I deleted it and my 928 immediately went back to silky smooth performance.
    09-15-2013 10:54 PM
    I really don't think a particular app is the problem. I believe it is something with the OS, like the. Brightness theory above
    09-16-2013 10:05 AM
    I have had to shut down on the data usage for the last few days until my limit resets in a couple of days. As a result, I have had my phone either off or on airplane mode during that time. Now I have lost connection with all of my e-mail accounts and the collected e-mail icon on my start screen has disappeared. All of my accounts either say "not up-to-date" or "Attention required".

Has anyone experienced this lately?
    09-18-2013 12:49 PM
    I have had to shut down on the data usage for the last few days until my limit resets in a couple of days. As a result, I have had my phone either off or on airplane mode during that time. Now I have lost connection with all of my e-mail accounts and the collected e-mail icon on my start screen has disappeared. All of my accounts either say "not up-to-date" or "Attention required".

Has anyone experienced this lately?
    Are you connected to Wi-Fi? Since you've turned off your cell reception, none of your accounts are going to update and they will say "not up to date" in the Email + Accounts page of the Settings menu, unless you have a Wi-Fi data connection...
    09-19-2013 01:32 PM
    Hey guys I only bought the Lumia 928 since they claim that it can record concerts(really loud ones) distortion free. I will find out tomorrow when I watch Vader and Vital Remains. Anyway can somebody help me. I was trying to watch this video Video: Interior Summer - Pinkbike but it doesn't play on mine. Is there any way that I can make it play on my phone? My brother's iPhone 5 can play it which bugs me. I thought the Lumia would have more media formats supported than the iPhone.
    09-27-2013 10:48 AM
    I'm surprised that it works on an iPhone - it's Flash, and didn't Steve Jobs say that Flash would never have a place on an iDevice? Flash won't work on Windows Phone, either.
    09-27-2013 11:07 AM
    Wait that's a flash video? Damn, how the hell did it play then. Oh well this thing better blow me away with recording a live death metal show tomorrow. What's the deal with Flash anyway?
    09-27-2013 11:12 AM
552 ... 1718192021 ...