01-26-2016 12:31 PM
552 1234 ...
tools
    FYI: When switching from iPhone, it's VERY IMPORTANT that you disable iMessage from your Settings menu BEFORE you disconnect your phone. Otherwise everyone you know with an iDevice will still be sending messages to your iPhone and you WILL NOT receive them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-17-2013 10:02 AM
    Have her try JDB for Facebook. It's in the Windows Store. It's a little slow, but it does let you save photos out, and has other functions I haven't seen on other FB apps, including the MS developed ones.
    05-17-2013 10:06 AM
    I just moved over from a Trophy, so I'm new to the Nokia landscape. I'm trying to set up a new Nokia account (email/password) on my phone, but I keep getting an "Incorrect Password," error. Yes, this is under the Create Account, not under the Sign In. D'oh!
    05-17-2013 11:32 AM
    I just moved over from a Trophy, so I'm new to the Nokia landscape. I'm trying to set up a new Nokia account (email/password) on my phone, but I keep getting an "Incorrect Password," error. Yes, this is under the Create Account, not under the Sign In. D'oh!
    Updating the Nokia Account app did the trick.
    05-17-2013 11:41 AM
    Updating the Nokia Account app did the trick.
    How did you update the app by itself? I'm having the same issue. Please share. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    05-17-2013 11:45 AM
    How did you update the app by itself? I'm having the same issue. Please share. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Just searched the app store (from my computer) for Nokia Account. It showed that it was already installed but had an update option, if I remember correctly. On the phone, it didn't actually show up in the app list, but is accessed through the setting menu, as previously.
    05-17-2013 12:02 PM
    Find My Phone is not working. The settings for Find My Phone seem backwards as well. When I turn the feature on, the settings show it as off, when I turn the feature off, the settings show "ring, lock, erase, or find your phone. Anyone else having this issue? Definitely looks like a bug to me.
    Go to the find my phone page, where shows the globe shrunk down so you can see the world three times over, and actually click the find my phone button. THEN it will work. It's like you have to kick-start it.

Just searched the app store (from my computer) for Nokia Account. It showed that it was already installed but had an update option, if I remember correctly. On the phone, it didn't actually show up in the app list, but is accessed through the setting menu, as previously.
    Download the Lumia Pusher app - it has links to all of the Lumia Settings apps, and you can check each for updates.
    LUMIA pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    commo, Twice Born and PPCFreak like this.
    05-17-2013 01:19 PM
    Go to the find my phone page, where shows the globe shrunk down so you can see the world three times over, and actually click the find my phone button. THEN it will work. It's like you have to kick-start it.
    I've done this numerous times and it can't seem to find my phone. I've also noticed that I can't send apps directly to the phone for some reason. I have to send a link to the email addr and then get the app via email.
    05-17-2013 01:35 PM
    I've done this numerous times and it can't seem to find my phone. I've also noticed that I can't send apps directly to the phone for some reason. I have to send a link to the email addr and then get the app via email.
    Sounds like something went wrong with linking the phone to your MS account. Are you coming from a different WP? Did you wipe that phone? If not, at least turn it off, so MS knows what phone it's talking to? I hate to say it, but if these don't work, you may have to do a hard reset of the phone, and re-link it with the MS account.
    05-17-2013 01:43 PM
    Or, hey - here's a thought - try ringing it from the site first, to see if maybe that will kick-start it. I wasn't there, but I think that may be what my wife did to get hers working when I activated the 822 (that I'd been using since November), in place of her Trophy. Told you I had the best wife in the world.
    05-17-2013 01:44 PM
    Anybody getting the disappearing keyboard? I'm running in to it on the text boxes for some forums. Wasn't this an issue pre-WP8, as well?
    05-17-2013 02:29 PM
    This is exactly what i'm experiencing with mine. I feel like its an issue as well because I don't know when any notifications come in. Its practically unnoticeable on a solid surface
    05-17-2013 02:31 PM
    Anybody getting the disappearing keyboard? I'm running in to it on the text boxes for some forums. Wasn't this an issue pre-WP8, as well?
    That happened to me when I tried writing comments to WPCentral when I was at the Verizon store yesterday. That was with the demo unit. On my personal one. I don't seem to see that.
    05-17-2013 04:05 PM
    Or, hey - here's a thought - try ringing it from the site first, to see if maybe that will kick-start it. I wasn't there, but I think that may be what my wife did to get hers working when I activated the 822 (that I'd been using since November), in place of her Trophy. Told you I had the best wife in the world.
    First, yes you seem to have a very tolerant wife. Good for you! ;-)

Second, I did the power cycle and it seems to be working better. I can ring it, and lock it. I can find it down to about a 1/4 mi circle which is fine. I still can't send apps directly to it though. Still working on that.
    05-17-2013 04:08 PM
    Mine is nothing like that. It's actually a very quick, subtle vibrate for me.
    mine sounds like a 5 foot cicada.

I having the issue that no matter if it's on or off, it says off. The ring, lock and all that stuff works but the locate is about a mile off. Connected to internet, data on, location on. The phone itself says its in the correct location. Idk...

Oh and the start button looks funky, but nothing serious. Same as every other phone I've had.

Other than those minor things, I am in fricken love with this phone! Best purchase of my life! And the Nokia apps are sweet!
    05-17-2013 04:22 PM
    Update: It appears the power cycle resolved it. I can now send apps directly to the phone from the web. We're groovy now!
    hopmedic and gibbyhome like this.
    05-17-2013 04:27 PM
    Actually one more thing id like to add. When the 928 battery drained all the way, neither the wireless charger nor being plugged into my pc usb would bring it back to life (I gave it 10 min on each) it only came back to life immediately after I plugged it into the wall. Odd I thought cause that never happened on my 8x or Trophy.
    05-17-2013 04:30 PM
    Actually one more thing id like to add. When the 928 battery drained all the way, neither the wireless charger nor being plugged into my pc usb would bring it back to life (I gave it 10 min on each) it only came back to life immediately after I plugged it into the wall. Odd I thought cause that never happened on my 8x or Trophy.
    My 920 does the exact same thing. Annoys the crap out of me.
    05-17-2013 04:31 PM
    Mine has a screwed up Windows Key, the back light shows crap underneath. I also noticed the screen has glitching when scrolling. My Lumia 822 didn't have either of these issues.

The Top right corner glass since not being covered by the protective info-graph shows a different reflection.
    me too. i just calling it the scar.
    05-17-2013 04:31 PM
    I did not disable iMessage before switching over to the 928. What are my options? I cannot receive text messages
    05-17-2013 04:37 PM
    I did not disable iMessage before switching over to the 928. What are my options? I cannot receive text messages
    I did not do this as well. Although I did go ahead and disable it once I figured out oh **** all the texts are going to my iphone (all my friends have iphones). Then I forgot about my mac as well so had to disable it there as well. Once I did this I simply restarted the phone and my texts started coming in just fine.
    05-17-2013 04:43 PM
    Yen exactly what driftzorz said. You may also have to unregister your iPhone on the apple website.
    05-17-2013 05:09 PM
    Not a bug or defect but...

while the 928 sounds fine, my god do I miss the Beats audio in my 8x. Like I am super SUPER depressed the 928 doesn't sound like my 8x.
    05-17-2013 05:51 PM
    Thanks for the info. I did what you said after I turned "Find My Phone" even though when I go into settings it shows it as off. The right away it found it. Hey, as long as it's working I'm good with it.

Thanks again.
    05-17-2013 06:58 PM
    mine sounds like a 5 foot cicada.
    When I read this, in the back bedroom on my computer, my wife, in the living room at the other end of the house asked me what was so funny!
    berty6294 likes this.
    05-17-2013 09:14 PM
552 1234 ...