Nokia Lumia 928 Bugs and Defects

SYKOgirl85

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Since the update my fiancee's white Nokia Lumia 928 has been experiencing an issue where the audio goes silent and will not play through the speaker. This happens with music and alarms (that's what we've tested anyways). We can test it before going to sleep and everything works perfectly, however come alarm time (and plugged in on the charger) no sound is produced, just vibrate. We've tried soft resets (after trying to play a song and hearing no sound even with volume on 30) which will temporarily fix the issue, but no clue as to whats causing the problem in the first place.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So in the last day, my 928 has been having charging issues. I would plug it in at around 20-25% battery left and it would not be able to charge. The phone would repeatedly vibrate to signal it is charging and discharging. I open up one of the battery apps and it shows a charge rate of 0.00%-0.005%. I even used a different charging cable and it would still have the same issue. The only solution that seems to work is to soft reset it every time to charge. I will continue to monitor the situation but it sucks cause I am traveling right now. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Anyone else come across a similar issue?

thuanngotau

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
So in the last day, my 928 has been having charging issues. I would plug it in at around 20-25% battery left and it would not be able to charge. The phone would repeatedly vibrate to signal it is charging and discharging. I open up one of the battery apps and it shows a charge rate of 0.00%-0.005%. I even used a different charging cable and it would still have the same issue. The only solution that seems to work is to soft reset it every time to charge. I will continue to monitor the situation but it sucks cause I am traveling right now. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Maybe you should try hard reset then check if the problem persists?

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

You say you've tried a different "charging cable". I assume that means you've tried a different charger as well, right? Are you talking about a wall charger and/or car charger?

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My main speaker is going. I get no sound unless I put some pressure behind it.

This is the second phone to do this on me. At this point I can't help but assume this is a manufacturing flaw. Some others here have mentioned it, but fewer than I'd expect. I've never, ever had this issue with another phone.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife's phone locked up again, except instead of going black, the touch screen froze. Had to soft reset it again. This has got to be a bug from Amber as neither of us ever had to soft reset our phones before until this update happened.

It happened to my wife's phone again: this time I witnessed it restart itself, then it just went black during the restart process. Power button wouldn't do anything. Charging it wouldn't do anything (it had had 50% battery remaining anyway). I had to soft reset it again--the 3rd time now I've had to do that (plus 1 time on mine) since we downloaded Amber/GDR2 (and 0 times collectively before GDR2/Amber). Have others had this problem at all? It freaks me out.

thuanngotau

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
It happened to my wife's phone again: this time I witnessed it restart itself, then it just went black during the restart process. Power button wouldn't do anything. Charging it wouldn't do anything (it had had 50% battery remaining anyway). I had to soft reset it again--the 3rd time now I've had to do that (plus 1 time on mine) since we downloaded Amber/GDR2 (and 0 times collectively before GDR2/Amber). Have others had this problem at all? It freaks me out.

Hard reset doesn't help?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset doesn't help?

hard resetting would erase all of our saved game data. We don't want to lose all of that progress.

As another update, today my phone locked up again too, requiring a soft reset. That makes 2 times for me and 3 times for her since the Amber/GDR2 update, compared to 0 for both of us before the update.

ElsieSF

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine a week and a half ago from Verizon. I've been good about keeping it charged (but not leaving in the wall charger overnight, as I've had problems with that with other phones). Anyways, I had it fully charged and unplugged before I went to sleep last night. Woke up and checked the time on it at about 4:30a. Had an alarm set for 10a, which never went off. When I finally woke up, there was no charge at all on my phone.

I'm hoping this isn't a recurring issue, but it's troubling. It's charging now with no problem

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
hard resetting would erase all of our saved game data. We don't want to lose all of that progress.
Odds are that one of two things will fix your problem. A hard reset or a replacement device. Either one is going to cost you the saved game progress. And unless you get a really lazy support rep, you're not going to get a replacement device without doing a hard reset. Either way, I see a hard reset in your future.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Odds are that one of two things will fix your problem. A hard reset or a replacement device. Either one is going to cost you the saved game progress. And unless you get a really lazy support rep, you're not going to get a replacement device without doing a hard reset. Either way, I see a hard reset in your future.

If it is true that the Amber/GDR2 update caused these problems, wouldn't the best solution be a software/firmware fix? We had none of these problems before the update. I don't know what a hard reset involves--i.e. if it undoes the Amber/GDR2 update--but I sure hope that isn't the best solution.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Alright, I made a thread about this, and it seems that (based on the info in this thread), others are having the same issue. Should I ask for a replacement device, or wait until there is a software update or something? New problems keep cropping up on my phone.

PROBLEMS:

-Volume fluctuations
-Volume not working at all
-Inconsistent SMS network (i.e. I can't send or receive any messages unless I soft reset)
-Lock screen/touch screen locks up, need to soft reset for it to unfreeze
-During a phone call, if the reception is choppy, caller will drop out completely (dead silence) and then return
-Gunky, dim buttons on phone

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I made a thread about this, and it seems that (based on the info in this thread), others are having the same issue. Should I ask for a replacement device, or wait until there is a software update or something? New problems keep cropping up on my phone.

PROBLEMS:

-Volume fluctuations
-Volume not working at all
-Inconsistent SMS network (i.e. I can't send or receive any messages unless I soft reset)
-Lock screen/touch screen locks up, need to soft reset for it to unfreeze
-During a phone call, if the reception is choppy, caller will drop out completely (dead silence) and then return
-Gunky, dim buttons on phone

The caller dropping out and returning - doesn't matter with reception for me, are you sure it does for you? It seems almost definitely a loose wire for me, and was on my last 928. If I put pressure behind where the speaker is the voice will come back. If I remove pressure, it disappears.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
The caller dropping out and returning - doesn't matter with reception for me, are you sure it does for you? It seems almost definitely a loose wire for me, and was on my last 928. If I put pressure behind where the speaker is the voice will come back. If I remove pressure, it disappears.

You know, it could have just been coincidence and/or I was making an assumption. I really don't know for sure.

Ryan Sager

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Interesting, I thought I would be the only one with this problem. This actually happens quite often to me. I have to put pressure on the top right corner of my 928 to be able to hear the other person again.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Now, my texts weren't going through entirely (without any failure to send notification), and I was able to receive texts. Hard resetting my phone, if it doesn't work after this I'm bringing this POS in for a replacement.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yep, after Amber update I'm having the lock screen freeze problem as well. It's like the CPU is being 100% used by something else in the background, since I can start the camera app ok using the hardware button, and the screen *sort of* responds, but not fully or consistently. Very odd, soft reset fixes.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have also had the lock screen freeze up a few times. Hopefully they will do a firmware update to fix it. It never happened pre amber.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
If it is true that the Amber/GDR2 update caused these problems, wouldn't the best solution be a software/firmware fix? We had none of these problems before the update. I don't know what a hard reset involves--i.e. if it undoes the Amber/GDR2 update--but I sure hope that isn't the best solution.

It happened again: phone went black, requiring a soft reset. That makes 3 times for my 928 and 3 times for my partner's 928 since Amber (and 0 times before).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers