01-26-2016 12:31 PM
552 ... 20212223
tools
    Okay so I've had my 928 about 6 months and so far the only problem I have left after the updates fixed the screen from not responding, is when I sometimes open the Nokia Pro Camera app and the phone will reset. Or the phone will do it at random!!! Help!!! Running Lumia Black and GDR3
    03-19-2014 09:58 AM
    Okay so I've had my 928 about 6 months and so far the only problem I have left after the updates fixed the screen from not responding, is when I sometimes open the Nokia Pro Camera app and the phone will reset. Or the phone will do it at random!!! Help!!! Running Lumia Black and GDR3
    I'm on my third 928 and I've never had that happen. I would contact support.
    03-19-2014 03:55 PM
    Thanks I think I will
    03-19-2014 04:19 PM
    A hard reset fixes the restart problem with Nokia Camera as far as I can tell
    kb4000 likes this.
    03-23-2014 12:38 PM
    A hard reset fixes the restart problem with Nokia Camera as far as I can tell
    That's good news.
    03-24-2014 02:40 AM
    I had been having a headset speaker issue since I bought this phone. I could not hear callers unless I was on speaker, bluetooth or earbuds. I sent it in to nokia 3 weeks ago for repair. I received it four days ago and it worked perfectly. The bug returned today with a vengeance. I headset speaker does not work again plus the speaker is now not working. I use the camera for my business. There is no phone on verizon that can match this camera other than the icon. This issue appears to be common and related to the hardware. I've done soft resets and hard resets and it does not solve the issue. What is nokia and microsoft doing to resolve this issue? Has anyone with this issue had a resolution? Please help.
    05-10-2014 02:29 AM
    I had been having a headset speaker issue since I bought this phone. I could not hear callers unless I was on speaker, bluetooth or earbuds. I sent it in to nokia 3 weeks ago for repair. I received it four days ago and it worked perfectly. The bug returned today with a vengeance. I headset speaker does not work again plus the speaker is now not working. I use the camera for my business. There is no phone on verizon that can match this camera other than the icon. This issue appears to be common and related to the hardware. I've done soft resets and hard resets and it does not solve the issue. What is nokia and microsoft doing to resolve this issue? Has anyone with this issue had a resolution? Please help.
    Had the same issue, the phone thinks the earphones are plugged in. Either plug the earphones in and out, or clean the jack with a qtip and alcohol.
    05-10-2014 12:25 PM
    I will get a text an when I try to open it the message will just crash and send me back to the home screen
    05-14-2014 10:32 PM
    I think many of the problems with this phone come down to poor build quality and construction. I've had 3 phones, 2 from Verizon and one from an eBay seller that was advertised on wpcentral. All three had issues that seemed to come down to the casing. The first one had speaker issues that seemed to get better if I squeezed the edges of the phone and clicked the casing back in. The second one would not output from the earpiece unless I applied pressure to the center of the phone while on a call and my current phone has the touchscreen go unresponsive pretty much once a day. This fix is either applying pressure to the casing and the screen works again or a soft reset.

My mother also has the 928 and just this morning had a phantom touch issue followed up by an unresponsive screen.

It seems to me many issues come down to the phone being poorly assembled or designed. Can anyone else confirm anything similar?
    I'm really not sure what to do.
    05-30-2014 06:53 AM
    My Lumia died while I was texting, it switched to Bing, then said resuming, then died, this is my second Lumia to be replaced in a year. Will NOT get another one!!!!!
    06-02-2014 10:02 AM
    Mine was acting weird today and then died, I already had to get a replacement this year for same problem.
    06-02-2014 10:04 AM
    Mine has issues with calls needing to be on speaker to hear the other person. It really blows. A guy I know with a 925 has similar issues though.
    06-04-2014 11:47 AM
    My phone turns off automatically and doesn't turn back on for more than an hour. A soft reset is required to turn it back on.
    Penny_1 likes this.
    06-05-2014 09:24 PM
    My phone turns off automatically and doesn't turn back on for more than an hour. A soft reset is required to turn it back on.
    I've been having this same problem, more frequently recently than in the past. The past two nights in a row, my phone has just died in the night for no apparent reason. When I wake up in the morning, I find my phone shut off and unable to power back on. However, doing a soft reset brings the phone back to life and shows that there is still 30+% battery remaining, so I don't know why it shut off in the middle of the night.

I'm running the 8.1 Developer Preview, would be interested in knowing if anybody else is having this problem or has a solution for it. Considering I use my phone as an alarm, I have been frustrated with the unreliable nature of my phone recently.
    06-06-2014 12:38 PM
    So I just got a new Lumia 928 from my insurance. It was running Windows phone 8 GDR3 and I don't know if it started then or when I updated to the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 but the screen goes black alot during phone calls. The double tap to wake doesn't work. And when I end a call the phones screen does black and locks and I have to open my phone again. Is there a fix to this? Please help!
    08-21-2014 09:15 AM
    When I charge my phone, it's battery icon (actually the plug) keeps on blinking. I searched the internet and found that this blinking is absolutely normal. But when I connect my phone to PC it connects properly but then keeps on disconnecting after every 3,4 seconds. Is the problem with my cable? Or with phone?
    08-28-2014 03:16 AM
    hi, any body has problem touch screen on home, serch and back button dosnt respont? what can i do? thanks
    11-08-2014 10:48 AM
    Since the time upgrade my 928 to Dev Preview(day 1) - I started having issues with Camera. It suddenly stops opening or sometimes flash wont work. When flash wont work, even on other apps like flashlight apps i dont get light. I use to do a soft reset and everything use to come back to normal. Even with last weeks update, after the update everythign was working but after couple days it just stopped working. Now I cannot launch my camera app at all even from any other lenses like PROSHOT after a soft reset. I was hoping once CYAN firmware comes, this mighh be resolved and that is taking for ever to come and now is back in microsoft court for god knows how long.
    Lots of posts suggest to do a HARD RESET and I was avoiding till now as it use to work with SOFT RESET.

Anyone else has similar issues? Any suggestion to help me without trying the HARD RESET? I dont want to loose 8.1 preview but if this continues and CYAN gets delayed I would be left with no choice but to HARD RESET and go back. Not having my camera launched is killing me. CAMERA is the reason I have a LUMIA.
    11-24-2014 10:36 AM
    I'm having the same exact issue with my phone. Started acting weird one day and about a week later no flash light or camera apps will load. I was starting to think it may be a hardware issue but if your having the same issue then it probably is software.....hopefully.
    truedesi and Eberstein like this.
    11-27-2014 03:18 PM
    Lumia 928 with Denim

is anyone's whatsapp crashing, and only plays first 10 seconds of any video?

it keeps crashing randomly and quits to the main screen on the phone. anyone seen this issue?

was not having this issue with the old version.
    12-28-2014 11:08 PM
    I updated to Denim first day it was available and have not had any issues with the videos or whatsapp and I use both extensively.
    Still having issues with my camera sometimes and flash has not returned......I think it's on permanent vacation.
    joepan likes this.
    01-10-2015 09:23 AM
    Only one I have been having is with volume. Sometimes randomly my phone will ring on vibrate only - even though the ringer volume is turned up to max. Then other times I will be listening to a podcast in Podcast Lounge and the volume will not adjust - it will just stay on level 30, even if I adjust it all the way down to zero.
    If I restart the phone it immediately corrects itself.
    04-02-2015 09:38 PM
    Mine has a noticeable image retention issue that causes the phone's display to show a shadow/imprint of the phone's previously displayed screen. Any suggestions....??
    05-16-2015 02:34 AM
    i noticed that if a person has an iphone and texts me i do not get all of their texts. my friend who has one and once tried to call me said it went straight to voicemail when my phone was on and didnt even ring. they showed me a screen shot and they had called me.
    10-10-2015 11:48 PM
    Just got a 928 for my parents, I run a 920 and have had no issues. However out of the box this phones camera would crash every time opened. Manufacture date is 9/02/15, i have done updates (now on denim)/ hard reset, soft reset, and camera reset, nothing is working. If it does not start working im going to have to send it back, at first I thought it was software but now seems hardware issue.
    10-14-2015 02:43 PM
552 ... 20212223