Nokia Lumia 928 Bugs and Defects

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually one more thing id like to add. When the 928 battery drained all the way, neither the wireless charger nor being plugged into my pc usb would bring it back to life (I gave it 10 min on each) it only came back to life immediately after I plugged it into the wall. Odd I thought cause that never happened on my 8x or Trophy.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually one more thing id like to add. When the 928 battery drained all the way, neither the wireless charger nor being plugged into my pc usb would bring it back to life (I gave it 10 min on each) it only came back to life immediately after I plugged it into the wall. Odd I thought cause that never happened on my 8x or Trophy.

My 920 does the exact same thing. Annoys the crap out of me.

fuclosure

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine has a screwed up Windows Key, the back light shows crap underneath. I also noticed the screen has glitching when scrolling. My Lumia 822 didn't have either of these issues.

The Top right corner glass since not being covered by the protective info-graph shows a different reflection.
me too. i just calling it the scar.

driftzorz

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I did not disable iMessage before switching over to the 928. What are my options? I cannot receive text messages

I did not do this as well. Although I did go ahead and disable it once I figured out oh **** all the texts are going to my iphone (all my friends have iphones). Then I forgot about my mac as well so had to disable it there as well. Once I did this I simply restarted the phone and my texts started coming in just fine.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not a bug or defect but...

while the 928 sounds fine, my god do I miss the Beats audio in my 8x. Like I am super SUPER depressed the 928 doesn't sound like my 8x.

commo

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I did what you said after I turned "Find My Phone" even though when I go into settings it shows it as off. The right away it found it. Hey, as long as it's working I'm good with it.

Thanks again.

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You can, but you can also hard reset by going to Settings | About | Reset your phone, then two confirmations after that.

For all who are having text troubles, when in doubt, restart. Turn the phone off, not just standby. Press/hold power, then when prompted swipe down.

true, but hard to achieve when the touch screen is acting like my frigid ex (non responsive to touch) I did the button press hard reset. I am going to exchange the phone today, the screen intermittently continues to lock up; I think it is defective.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My 928's only minor issue, which I do not consider a problem, is that the screen shows some darker areas when viewing a black screen on a dark background. My SO's 822 has a similar issue. I assume its a normal result of this screens manuf process.

On the whole this phone has been incredible! 😊

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My 928's only minor issue, which I do not consider a problem, is that the screen shows some darker areas when viewing a black screen on a dark background. My SO's 822 has a similar issue. I assume its a normal result of this screens manuf process.

On the whole this phone has been incredible! 😊

Yeah, mine has that too. It's an amoled screen thing.

merplerps

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yen exactly what driftzorz said. You may also have to unregister your iPhone on the apple website.
I was able to turn off iMessage on my old phone using WiFi. I also had to turn it off on the iPad. When I turned it back on the iPad, it let me "uncheck" iMessage for my phone number, but leave it active for my gmail address. Not sure if I'll turn that off, too, but at least my wife can send me texts now.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My glass does not go to the edge on 2 sides, I already have dust collecting in the gaps. Similar to my trophy, but I expected tighter tolerances from Nokia.....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with scrolling? I'll swipe with my thumb to scroll up, and sometimes the screen stops dead at the point where I lift my thumb.

commo

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
Using the screen with gloves on doesn't seem to work. I went into the settings and set the touch sensitivity to high and no matter what types of gloves it doesn't really work. Once I pressed really hard, it kind of got a little better but nowhere near where you can say that this works with gloves. Anyone else having issues like this?

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Using the screen with gloves on doesn't seem to work. I went into the settings and set the touch sensitivity to high and no matter what types of gloves it doesn't really work. Once I pressed really hard, it kind of got a little better but nowhere near where you can say that this works with gloves. Anyone else having issues like this?

After changing the setting to high it works perfectly with one set of gloves. Using various materials I have yet to find something unresponsive including jeans; These presses didn't merit pressing hard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism