Nokia Lumia 928 Bugs and Defects

joshpjost

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
My wife purchased the phone yesterday morning for me. Got home from work and tried to turn it on. Endless boot cycle. Phone was defective! Returned it and got another, and all is well thus far. Not a good first impression!

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
My start button shows a bit of the same issue, but it's pretty minor.

Is it normal for a Nokia phone to sound like plastic is flying everywhere when it vibrates? Mines loud as all hell!

Mine is nothing like that. It's actually a very quick, subtle vibrate for me.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
both my sister and brother switching from iphones seemed to still be getting some texts to the iphone while others came to the lumia. calls could work on both too even after they completed the upgrade in the store. a soft reset of the lumia seemed to do the trick so not much of an issue.

but, my sister had to go back like 5 min. after getting home with her new phone to have it exchanged because the phone rebooted, showed the verizon screen, showed a screen in nokia blue but no logos or anything on it, just a solid color, would reboot to verizon screen, blue, repeat, and was stuck in a loop. didn't feel like trying to have the phone flash itself to factory default so told her to just exchange it to be safe.

no problems with the exchange but she noticed in the facebook app you can't save pictures from the app to the phone (like hitting "save to phone" on a pic if viewing fb content through integrated fb within the phone/people hub) without having to snap a screenshot? i never used the app, always used integrated, so i never knew this. that's pretty damn ridiculous. her iPhone could do that. she doesn't seem too keen on linking her fb account with the phone for whatever reason. she tried both the ****ty original app and the new FB beta app. sorry if this isn't a glitch or bug of the phone like i had mentioned above in first 2 paragraphs, but just figured i'd share. hope she doesn't let these few hiccups she's experienced discourage her from liking her new phone. she seems to like it otherwise so far, maybe too early to tell.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm also concerned with the weak vibrate. I could hear my Trophy vibrate in the other room sometimes and never, ever had a ringer on.
I can barely even feel this thing vibrate, which makes me fear I'll miss texts. Plus, I really want to avoid ever turning the ringer on - the options are all terrible.

Bennethon

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yup. The Windows Key looks terrible when lit. So does the Search key, but it's much less noticeable since it's a smaller graphic.

Do you think this is something that might be fixed by swapping the phone for a different model? Or will they all be this way? I went back to the store yesterday and showed the sales people. They both could see what I was talking about, the Windows button looking like crap. But we couldn't reproduce it on the display model. The display phone was in a bright part of the store, and we couldn't get the back light to come on. So the sales guy got another phone from the back to try to test, but the back light wouldn't come on until the phone was set up. So... couldn't test what it looked like on another model. The guy just told me that the phone is under warranty, and if anything happens they'll replace it. I just don't know if this is worth making a big stink over, and even if I did swap the phone with another one, if it would have the same problem.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
FYI: When switching from iPhone, it's VERY IMPORTANT that you disable iMessage from your Settings menu BEFORE you disconnect your phone. Otherwise everyone you know with an iDevice will still be sending messages to your iPhone and you WILL NOT receive them.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Have her try JDB for Facebook. It's in the Windows Store. It's a little slow, but it does let you save photos out, and has other functions I haven't seen on other FB apps, including the MS developed ones.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I just moved over from a Trophy, so I'm new to the Nokia landscape. I'm trying to set up a new Nokia account (email/password) on my phone, but I keep getting an "Incorrect Password," error. Yes, this is under the Create Account, not under the Sign In. D'oh!

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I just moved over from a Trophy, so I'm new to the Nokia landscape. I'm trying to set up a new Nokia account (email/password) on my phone, but I keep getting an "Incorrect Password," error. Yes, this is under the Create Account, not under the Sign In. D'oh!

Updating the Nokia Account app did the trick.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
How did you update the app by itself? I'm having the same issue. Please share. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just searched the app store (from my computer) for Nokia Account. It showed that it was already installed but had an update option, if I remember correctly. On the phone, it didn't actually show up in the app list, but is accessed through the setting menu, as previously.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Find My Phone is not working. The settings for Find My Phone seem backwards as well. When I turn the feature on, the settings show it as off, when I turn the feature off, the settings show "ring, lock, erase, or find your phone. Anyone else having this issue? Definitely looks like a bug to me.
Go to the find my phone page, where shows the globe shrunk down so you can see the world three times over, and actually click the find my phone button. THEN it will work. It's like you have to kick-start it.

Just searched the app store (from my computer) for Nokia Account. It showed that it was already installed but had an update option, if I remember correctly. On the phone, it didn't actually show up in the app list, but is accessed through the setting menu, as previously.
Download the Lumia Pusher app - it has links to all of the Lumia Settings apps, and you can check each for updates.
LUMIA pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Go to the find my phone page, where shows the globe shrunk down so you can see the world three times over, and actually click the find my phone button. THEN it will work. It's like you have to kick-start it.

I've done this numerous times and it can't seem to find my phone. I've also noticed that I can't send apps directly to the phone for some reason. I have to send a link to the email addr and then get the app via email.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've done this numerous times and it can't seem to find my phone. I've also noticed that I can't send apps directly to the phone for some reason. I have to send a link to the email addr and then get the app via email.

Sounds like something went wrong with linking the phone to your MS account. Are you coming from a different WP? Did you wipe that phone? If not, at least turn it off, so MS knows what phone it's talking to? I hate to say it, but if these don't work, you may have to do a hard reset of the phone, and re-link it with the MS account.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Or, hey - here's a thought - try ringing it from the site first, to see if maybe that will kick-start it. I wasn't there, but I think that may be what my wife did to get hers working when I activated the 822 (that I'd been using since November), in place of her Trophy. Told you I had the best wife in the world. :wink:

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Anybody getting the disappearing keyboard? I'm running in to it on the text boxes for some forums. Wasn't this an issue pre-WP8, as well?

aphrophyre

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what i'm experiencing with mine. I feel like its an issue as well because I don't know when any notifications come in. Its practically unnoticeable on a solid surface

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Anybody getting the disappearing keyboard? I'm running in to it on the text boxes for some forums. Wasn't this an issue pre-WP8, as well?

That happened to me when I tried writing comments to WPCentral when I was at the Verizon store yesterday. That was with the demo unit. On my personal one. I don't seem to see that.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Or, hey - here's a thought - try ringing it from the site first, to see if maybe that will kick-start it. I wasn't there, but I think that may be what my wife did to get hers working when I activated the 822 (that I'd been using since November), in place of her Trophy. Told you I had the best wife in the world. :wink:

First, yes you seem to have a very tolerant wife. Good for you! ;-)

Second, I did the power cycle and it seems to be working better. I can ring it, and lock it. I can find it down to about a 1/4 mi circle which is fine. I still can't send apps directly to it though. Still working on that.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine is nothing like that. It's actually a very quick, subtle vibrate for me.

mine sounds like a 5 foot cicada.

I having the issue that no matter if it's on or off, it says off. The ring, lock and all that stuff works but the locate is about a mile off. Connected to internet, data on, location on. The phone itself says its in the correct location. Idk...

Oh and the start button looks funky, but nothing serious. Same as every other phone I've had.

Other than those minor things, I am in fricken love with this phone! Best purchase of my life! And the Nokia apps are sweet!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3