Nokia Lumia 928 Bugs and Defects

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone call tonight. They're sending out a phone tomorrow, I'm guessing, since it was after 6:30 when she called. So I should have a replacement in a couple days.

Two things that she said kind of bugged me, though. I'm going to try to chalk it up to her being a low-level customer service rep, but they were:
1. "We don't consider this to be a defect, but we will keep an eye on the social networks for others with this problem." (my defect being the goopy start button)
2. "In the future if there is any problem I recommend you send your phone in for repairs. I'm doing this just for you this time." (Me) "So you're saying that you recommend to people that they do without their phone for a couple weeks while you fix what wasn't right from the factory?" (her) "I recommend that you send your phone for repairs, and if you can't do without a phone for a couple days, you should check with your carrier to see if they have loaner phones." SERIOUSLY????

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Penny,

You may still get a brand new device and not a refurbished device as the devices are only a month old. It's hard to say at this point.

Thanks for the optimism Cobra, but unfortunately, I don't think that's going to be the case. I spoke to a Verizon Customer Service rep over the phone, and they said to expect a refurbished unit. It'll still be relatively new given the fact that the device hasn't been out for a long time, but it is what it is.

ltoddbarnette

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
My phone shows LTE but I notice the email is not syncing. I do a manual sync then it fails. I have to reboot the phone and everything works fine. I have only had the phone for 4 days and this has happened at least 5 times. There is no update, anyone else having this problem? It seems to happen more when I am traveling.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Got my phone call tonight. They're sending out a phone tomorrow, I'm guessing, since it was after 6:30 when she called. So I should have a replacement in a couple days.

Two things that she said kind of bugged me, though. I'm going to try to chalk it up to her being a low-level customer service rep, but they were:
1. "We don't consider this to be a defect, but we will keep an eye on the social networks for others with this problem." (my defect being the goopy start button)
2. "In the future if there is any problem I recommend you send your phone in for repairs. I'm doing this just for you this time." (Me) "So you're saying that you recommend to people that they do without their phone for a couple weeks while you fix what wasn't right from the factory?" (her) "I recommend that you send your phone for repairs, and if you can't do without a phone for a couple days, you should check with your carrier to see if they have loaner phones." SERIOUSLY????

How on earth is it not a cosmetic defect? It's like the definition of a cosmetic defect... Come on, Nokia. We expect you to be better than this.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Got my replacement phone back from Nokia... still the same goopy buttons, so I guess it's still a defect at Nokia. On the phone I sent in, I even listed it as a problem with the phone, it's like they just sent me a new phone and didn't even check it out before sending it. Dont get me wrong, I'd prefer new over a referbed but, this still is a problem. Not sure if I am just going to deal with it or report it and try to get it fixed.

Poor service Nokia...taken down a notch from my last support call.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Got my replacement phone back from Nokia... still the same goopy buttons, so I guess it's still a defect at Nokia. On the phone I sent in, I even listed it as a problem with the phone, it's like they just sent me a new phone and didn't even check it out before sending it. Dont get me wrong, I'd prefer new over a referbed but, this still is a problem. Not sure if I am just going to deal with it or report it and try to get it fixed.

Poor service Nokia...taken down a notch from my last support call.

I sure hope they're watching this thread.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
No disrespect to anyone, but I'm sort of glad I jumped ship now. This was my first Nokia device and experience after hearing rave things about them. My first experience was pretty terrible. I'm enjoying my S4 at the moment and would only come back if they definitely admit/recognize these issues and fix them.

Steve Rathbone

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I cant seem to receive text messages. My wife apparently has been sending me messages but i'm not getting any of them. I can send messages to her fine.

Go to settings>applications>phone and see if the phone lists your phone number under the MY PHONE NUMBER section correctly. If not then power cycle your phone and the sim card should finish being installed and fix the problem.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My phone shows LTE but I notice the email is not syncing. I do a manual sync then it fails. I have to reboot the phone and everything works fine. I have only had the phone for 4 days and this has happened at least 5 times. There is no update, anyone else having this problem? It seems to happen more when I am traveling.

I have somewhat the same problem. I'm located in the mountains, thus having to switch from att to Verizon, and I have no cellular data but I use WiFi with the local internet provider. When I do go to the valley all is fine but when I get back home it's a tad laggy, like ita trying to figure its location and get things right. That's just how it is where I'm at I guess.

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
No disrespect to anyone, but I'm sort of glad I jumped ship now. This was my first Nokia device and experience after hearing rave things about them. My first experience was pretty terrible. I'm enjoying my S4 at the moment and would only come back if they definitely admit/recognize these issues and fix them.

I am in the same boat. I am on my 12th 928 and also have an S4, but I think I actually might just go back to my Note 2. There are a lot of shortcomings with the S4 as well. Build quality isn't one of them though. Have to decide this week whether to return the 928 and S4. I am getting the slight rattle on vibrate with the 928 and don't have goopy buttons but they are very dim and yellow. Once Nokia stopped manufacturing their own phones the quality decreased. They might not even be in business buy the end of this year. I think I have just talked myself into returning the 928 for sure and will have to spend more time with the S4.

CaptainWoody

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Nokia 928..touch screen keeps going unresponsive. I have to soft reset several times a day. It happens just trying to unlock, it will not slide up, it also happens inside of apps. getting very frustrated

jpayne80

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I got the 928 yesterday and I really want to love this phone because I'm just bored with iPhone and not a huge Android fan - but the 2 apps I use all the time are just crap on it! Facebook is just ridiculous...I feel like I just went back in time 3 years! Even the Beta is bad. It's just so unintuitive and has less features than the iOS app. And I've been trying to load Words With Friends for 36 hours now and keep getting a "network error, try again later" message (hence posting in this thread...I guess that qualifies as a bug, though whether it's specific to this model or not I don't know. First-time Windows Phone user here.). I love the hardware, love the camera, love the live tiles...but man, just not sure if I can deal with the lack of apps and the crappy apps!

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I am on my 12th 928 and also have an S4, but I think I actually might just go back to my Note 2. There are a lot of shortcomings with the S4 as well. Build quality isn't one of them though. Have to decide this week whether to return the 928 and S4. I am getting the slight rattle on vibrate with the 928 and don't have goopy buttons but they are very dim and yellow. Once Nokia stopped manufacturing their own phones the quality decreased. They might not even be in business buy the end of this year. I think I have just talked myself into returning the 928 for sure and will have to spend more time with the S4.

What don't you like about the S4?

jwalabran19

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Phone drops calls randomly, positive it's not coverage because i have 4G where I am dropping these calls. It's not like it's dropped either, it's more just I hang up without controlling it. Anyone else had similar issues? Also, how would I show this to a Verizon representative as it is not very consistent.

WP8sNewest

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have this odd issue where pictures will be deleted on their own. Plus my backlight keys do look crappy but the phone itself is still pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea