Nokia Lumia 928 Bugs and Defects

Fred Simpson

Banned
Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
BATTERY HOG. disaster After 2 weeks with my Lumia 928 Im done, going back to android or apple. Any app download(or app update) or even changing my settings from using wifi to turning it off can trigger (like this morning) a 12.8%/per hr. battery discharge(Im talking standby mode here) and/or cause battery recharge issues. Im satisfied windows store apps are riddled with bugs and servers are not synching properly with apps. Your 1st clue is all these solution posts recommending hard of fast resets to save battery life on my phone , one VZ and Nokia promote a 17hrs of continuous battery usage, 21hrs standby (pure fiction). Try 3 hrs when something goes wrong and it will

Recently the CEO of MS apologized for Windows 8; too late for this former windows user, I switched to Apple months ago for my desktop and I will never touch an MS product again. Too bad, when it works WP8 is a better platform that either android or ISO, but those actually function. I equate my WP8 experience with catching a virus on a windows desktop, latter no. 1 reason I switched to Mac brand. Im not spending my time wondering when the next backing up data/hard reset or soft reset will come and it will.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
BATTERY HOG. disaster After 2 weeks with my Lumia 928 Im done, going back to android or apple. Any app download(or app update) or even changing my settings from using wifi to turning it off can trigger (like this morning) a 12.8%/per hr. battery discharge(Im talking standby mode here) and/or cause battery recharge issues. Im satisfied windows store apps are riddled with bugs and servers are not synching properly with apps. Your 1st clue is all these solution posts recommending hard of fast resets to save battery life on my phone , one VZ and Nokia promote a 17hrs of continuous battery usage, 21hrs standby (pure fiction). Try 3 hrs when something goes wrong and it will

Recently the CEO of MS apologized for Windows 8; too late for this former windows user, I switched to Apple months ago for my desktop and I will never touch an MS product again. Too bad, when it works WP8 is a better platform that either android or ISO, but those actually function. I equate my WP8 experience with catching a virus on a windows desktop, latter no. 1 reason I switched to Mac brand. Im not spending my time wondering when the next backing up data/hard reset or soft reset will come and it will.
Buh bye!

Christian Sosa

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys my name is Chris, I think I found a bug in my Nokia Lumia 928 device. I also found a solution 😃. Anyways

symptom : Internal speaker will stop working. When you make a call you can't hear anything but they will hear you just fine. Changing to loudspeaker you can hear everything just fine. Have not tries headphones or Bluetooth.

Cause: If you recently played music through 3.5mm jack and change settings under (Options>audio>) if you touch the the two settings DD or audio normalization. The next hours or day you will stop receiving audio from the front. Restarting the phone will not fix it, holding volume and power key won't fix it either.

Extra: Those two settings that I mention earlier should only be available if your phone is plugged via a 3.5mm however if you're experiencing this bug you can turn them off and on, even if those settings are suppose to be grey out because you are not connected to a 3.5mm cable.

Solution: plug the 3.5mm cable back again, go to audio settings and change the settings on and off. This time when you unplug the cable those settings should "grey out".

I had this issue more than once. The settings are under (Settings>Audio>enhancements)

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know that this a 928 defect or just how WP8 works but didn't know where else to post this.

I was trying to upload my pics to Skydrive that way I can delete them off my phone to free up memory. However, it seems that everytime I try to do that its eating my memory. Now I have no free space. I don't understand. When I would upload pics Google Drive I never had this issue. I thought SkyDrive was cloud based. Why is it using up memory?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can see why one would need as many Windows phones as you show in your photos, one of em is bound to work maybe , hopefully, hope. need deep pockets for that program , and lots and lots of time on your hands. good luck
Ummmm.... no.
The Sprint Arrive was returned because Sprint's coverage where I live is horrible (step-daughter still uses one - she insists on a hardware keyboard, and is willing to trade dropped calls for a hardware keyboard). The Samsung Focus was sold (was one of three that were free from Microsoft for writing apps) because ATT's coverage isn't any better. I used the Trophy from day one of Trophy until day one of Lumia 822 on Verizon, and I got it free. The 822 I used from day one of 822 until day one of 928, which I got a better than average (at the time) deal on. My wife now uses the 822 since I upgraded to the 928. And on day one that 102x is available on Verizon, I'll be switching to that and my wife will get the 928. Then I will be out of upgrades and will use the 102x for a while.

Don't presume that you know anything at all about my situation. Thank you.

Last edited:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Two things I've noticed. The camera seems to be "late" taking pictures. When it makes the shutter sound, it doesn't actually take the picture for like a half second/second later.

Speaker volume seems to go up and down. I have a bicycle mount that I play music when I ride. The volume will get quiet, then loud... then quiet.. then loud. It never seems to do it other then those times.. Very weird.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Ahhh I see your problem! It seems as though you have already made up your mind before you bought it. I'd recommend some Apple for you!

P O

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Update issues? not sure. Yest. I was unable to save a panorama shot to camera roll nor able to download photosynth app. This morning I was able to do both and I didn't do anything different today from yesterday that I know of. Maybe soft reset I did solved issue maybe phone updated during night, don't know? Either way both features work fine now. Some advice for those of you coming from Android. I'd stick to Nokia apps when possible, they are few but they work great. I use nav apps a lot and I haven't found a decent third party nav app yet quite the opposite. The Nokia ones work great. Also for VZ customers, do NOT call VZ tech support. The only answer they know is hard reset(last resort, like wiping out hard drive on PC if you don't know). Id stick to these windows mobile forums or even call Nokia direct. Honestly I know more about this phone after 3 weeks of using it than the VZ tech support rep I dealt with did, hard reset, hard reset is all she could tell me. Battery issues: keep car charger, it is must. Nav, music or game apps will eat my phones battery quick, 9 to 11% drainage in 19 minutes . That said car charger and reg. one at home takes care of that issue for me. Other issue I've run across audio drops sometimes during a call, only last a few seconds then audio comes back, does not happen very often but does. Sounds like software issue. On VZ Nokia forum quite a few posts on this issue, problems were much worse last yr. Didn't see any current posts on this issue which is good., maybe they fixed it by now. All that said the very powerful, quick, user friendly W8 platform takes awesome photos,5 star music audio on the cool looking 928.

PS Servers update every 30 minutes or so on WP8 .I think. A soft reset will keep your phone current .

MrEsy

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been having tons of problems with my messaging. There was one time where I got a reply, saw it on the messaging live tile, but then went to messaging and it was gone. And that's only the time I've known about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other times this happened and I didn't realize. It seems like a lot of conversations just aren't happening with people. Another thing is I know for certain one time I sent a message, it said it sent, but having talked to the intended recipient, he never received it. I just don't know how a phone can do that. Another small issue is that I've had multiple text messages (from being too long) come in, but in the wrong order. Just a minor annoyance.

A few non-messaging related things, I very often seem to accidentally restart my phone. I'll throw it in my pocket and then I'll feel it vibrate and it's rebooting.

There was one time when I had 50%+ battery recording some things on a Word document, and my phone just died. No way to turn it back on. When I got back to plug it in, it worked again. This has only happened once (luckily) but it was very strange and could have been a lot worse if I didn't have access to a charger.

I don't know if I'll end up keeping it. Unfortunately I'm past the 14 days or whatever so I'm sure there will be plenty of problems trying to get any sort of good agreement about what to do with Verizon

GoinOnTilt

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Here's the problem in having with my 928. I use it mostly for texting and social media. Email, but mainly reading and rarely responding.

My problem is this...i have yet to figure out what to do with the loads of free time I've got from not having to launch app after app just to see fb and twitter. I keep looking at my phone only to realize that I've already checked it.

If anyone has ideas on how to properly manage my newly found free time, do tell!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's the problem in having with my 928. I use it mostly for texting and social media. Email, but mainly reading and rarely responding.

My problem is this...i have yet to figure out what to do with the loads of free time I've got from not having to launch app after app just to see fb and twitter. I keep looking at my phone only to realize that I've already checked it.

If anyone has ideas on how to properly manage my newly found free time, do tell!
I would have to wonder if there is an app to help people find new hobbies to spend their new free time on...

EDIT:
Turns out there is. With no reviews, I don't know how good it is, but you could use the trial. :wink:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/hobbies/681d5db3-4028-43ae-b3cc-2dc9016ddb85

BRLOhio

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My 822 FindMyPhone setting is as you described, backwards. With it turned on (red on screen switch), it is in fact enabled.

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Phone Update settings - I have both checked: tell me when updates are available and automatically download updates. Neither work. Had to manually check for phone update this morning to install.

Last edited:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a really annoying problem with my phone receiving messages 2-3 times. It doesn't do it to every message, just random ones. Its extremely annoying. I've already powered down my phone, and did a soft reset. I'm trying to avoid a hard reset so I don't lose all my stuff. Any suggestions?

Sounds like an issue with the network, and not the phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Phone Update settings - I have both checked: tell me when updates are available and automatically download updates. Neither work. Had to manually check for phone update this morning to install.
That's not a bug. The update notifications aren't sent out as a blast for all at once. They do it in waves, but if you check manually, you'll generally get it right away. :wink:

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
That's not a bug. The update notifications aren't sent out as a blast for all at once. They do it in waves, but if you check manually, you'll generally get it right away. :wink:

Okay thanks. I figured that since it was released yesterday that I would have gotten a notification or whatever by this morning. I guess I'm not as privileged as I think I should be :eek:rly:

m3mel

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'm on my second 928. He first had he windows button delamination concern listed above. But now my second has a similar issue. On dark screens e.g. Glance screen I can see black splotches and or swipes of black. Looks like the glass is delaminating or not properly glued down. I'm just afraid to get another swap out in case the 3rd one is worse. Has anyone heard of a fix or confirmation of a bad production run?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The external speaker on my 928 is terrible. Has serious distortion starting about volume 20. It wasn't this way from the start, but a more recent development. Not sure what caused it. I double checked a 928 in the store today and it's immensely better. Any suggestions before a hard reset? I'd prefer not to lose my data.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs