Nokia Lumia 928 Bugs and Defects

pugpuggle

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Recently every day my phone has been rebooting usually twice a day. And runs hot even when its not I use (used it in the morning to check the weather and turned off the alarm, then at around 1pm I check my phone and its burning hot). And just right now it shut off and wouldn't turn back on even after pressing the power button and holding it. Then after trying again after a few minutes it finally worked. It also randomly shows the lockscreen only the bottom inch flashing red green and blue with my lockscreen and then when I slide up it shows the homescreen the same way and hen goes back to normal. I'm getting frustrated with this phone..

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Recently every day my phone has been rebooting usually twice a day. And runs hot even when its not I use (used it in the morning to check the weather and turned off the alarm, then at around 1pm I check my phone and its burning hot). And just right now it shut off and wouldn't turn back on even after pressing the power button and holding it. Then after trying again after a few minutes it finally worked. It also randomly shows the lockscreen only the bottom inch flashing red green and blue with my lockscreen and then when I slide up it shows the homescreen the same way and hen goes back to normal. I'm getting frustrated with this phone..

Have you called Verizon support? Something is wrong with that phone. They should replace it. But, they will probably want you to reset it, so you should do that first.

pugpuggle

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Actually I haven't, because I suspect its a software issue, since this all started happening since the Amber update (I also forgot to mention I also have the issue where the touch screen randomly isn't responsive).

Judith Okon

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My nokia lumia 520 screen freezes everytime and i keep doing the soft reset and then it works for a while and freezes again. i have equally tried the hard reset but it still freezes. sometimes i cant read my messages that come in after i reset the frozen phone. how do i fix it?

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a small trouble - there is evdently no way to save a number from a received call on my L928.
I've read the instructions, but, unfortunately, there is no "saving" button to tap on the display...
If someone has already fixed this, please let me know... thanks in advance.

Go to the call history and tap on the "unknown number" to bring up a screen like what is shown below.

Tapping the icon at the bottom will save it and bring up a "Choose Contact" page which will allow you to save that number to an existing contact in your address book or tap the "+" sign to create a new contact.

wp_ss_20131008_0001.jpg

Animorganimate

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
As of just a couple of days ago, when I receive a call from someone in my contacts list, the screen only says "Incoming Call from 123-456-7890", but won't say the name or show the photo of the caller. Again, these are calls from people in my contacts. I tried restarting the phone, and saving the number to the contact again, and it's till not working. Any help would be appreciated.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
As of just a couple of days ago, when I receive a call from someone in my contacts list, the screen only says "Incoming Call from 123-456-7890", but won't say the name or show the photo of the caller. Again, these are calls from people in my contacts. I tried restarting the phone, and saving the number to the contact again, and it's till not working. Any help would be appreciated.

I've had this same problem. I dont think ive seen it since GDR3 tho.

WPButtcheeks

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had to replace my first 928. The phone would freeze up and reboot at least 3 times a week. Then it got to the point where when someone would call me or I would call them I could not hear them but they said the could hear me and I would have to reboot my phone to get it working again. Now this new one is having problems and its getting annoying. Not a good experience for my first windows phone.

Same here, selling my third replacement on ebay and picked up a note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MrGreeves

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have only had two issues with the Lumia 928.

1. I have had the phone screen become nonresponsive right after making a call. The power, volume, and camera buttons work fine but the screen just doesn't respond. It was annoying but kind of embarrassing the first time because I left a 3 minute voice mail of me ******** at the phone before I remembered how to reset it.

2. My phone has reset three times and each time was when I was making a Skype video call. I pressed the button to call, it starts to connect and then resets. Also pretty annoying.

Any clue guys?

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I have only had two issues with the Lumia 928.

1. I have had the phone screen become nonresponsive right after making a call. The power, volume, and camera buttons work fine but the screen just doesn't respond. It was annoying but kind of embarrassing the first time because I left a 3 minute voice mail of me ******** at the phone before I remembered how to reset it.

2. My phone has reset three times and each time was when I was making a Skype video call. I pressed the button to call, it starts to connect and then resets. Also pretty annoying.

Any clue guys?

I've been experiencing the same issue #1 that you listed. What I've noticed here is that this always happens when I move my face away from the screen in the middle of a call, and then move it back. If the screen still stays on when my face is back in front of the screen, that's when I know the phone's screen is frozen. I think there is a glitch in the software specifically related to the proximity sensor, especially because I was not experiencing this before GDR2.

I can't comment on issue #2 as I don't really use Skype much on my phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had a number of times now that the screen becomes unresponsive until I turn the phone off and back on (sleep mode). There have also been times that it acts like a ghost is tapping / swiping the screen. Those times I end up having to reset it by using the volume down/power button trick about half the times that it happens. I've been holding out hoping for them to come out with a red 928, but I may go ahead and replace it soon.

Yasracer

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 820 is more responsive and faster than my lumia 928...the lumia 928 screen is laggy...and typing also is faster on my lumia 820 than on the 928...ii get this issue specially when am using the phone with my thumb...the phone feels slow...i tried everything possible from hard reset to sensitivity...several soft resets also...but the problem still persisting and both the devices are updated to GDR 3...

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I noticed that when I use the new Nokia Camera app and half press the camera button to autofocus, I get this loud high pitch audible squeak. It's like the OIS is doing something to cause that noise. The strange thing is that when I use the stock camera app and try to autofocus, I don't get the audible squeak.

My vibration motor has also seemed to deteriorate. When I get a phone call, the vibration has started to rattle a little bit. It use to have a very strong vibration that was consistent throughout. Should I use my Microsoft Assure to get a replacement?

EDIT: Ok so I actually noticed that the squeak is coming from the speaker....Is that a feature of the Nokia Camera app? It's strange that after having the app for awhile, I haven't heard this noise before.

davidmavila

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 928 will lock up and will NOT reset until power is completed dead and after charging it up again. It will finally work but it happens whenever it wants.
It's just a very bad OS software because i had the same problem with my Lumia 822

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 928 will lock up and will NOT reset until power is completed dead and after charging it up again. It will finally work but it happens whenever it wants.
It's just a very bad OS software because i had the same problem with my Lumia 822

It will restart whenever you want it to. Press/hold both volume down and power, for about 10 or 15 seconds - until you feel it vibrate.

connorscanlin

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Post below if you think your Nokia Lumia 928 has any issues or isn't behaving as it should. This thread is for the discussion of any hardware or software issues.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

[note]
Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.
[/note]

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!

my phone freezes probably twice a day and I have to do that stupid restart thing with the power and volume button, and for most of the games I have (which are horrible and you should work on that) randomly don't work and the controls are all messed up and I have to open the app again.

connorscanlin

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
my phone freezes probably twice a day and I have to do that stupid restart thing with the power and volume button, and for most of the games I have (which are horrible and you should work on that) randomly don't work and the controls are all messed up and I have to open the app again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99