Nokia Lumia 928 Bugs and Defects

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Also, has anyone had an issue with the USB port on their phone? Mine seems too shallow, like the cable won't plug in all the way.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys

I dont know if this is a real problem but I guess it is so. My previous phone was Lumia 800. Now I got new Lumia 925 but I noticed it does not register swipes sometimes. Its really hard to explain, I would rather show you (will try to take it on video). It happens when I use "back" button or unlock the phone and I immediately want to swipe display fast. It does not register that swipe. I must wait one second, second a half before I can swipe. Its really annoying and I cant believe that this phone requires such slow reaction when my Lumia 800 never done this before. Any help?

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys

I dont know if this is a real problem but I guess it is so. My previous phone was Lumia 800. Now I got new Lumia 925 but I noticed it does not register swipes sometimes. Its really hard to explain, I would rather show you (will try to take it on video). It happens when I use "back" button or unlock the phone and I immediately want to swipe display fast. It does not register that swipe. I must wait one second, second a half before I can swipe. Its really annoying and I cant believe that this phone requires such slow reaction when my Lumia 800 never done this before. Any help?

This is the 928 forum but regardless I've never seen a delay like that on any WP.

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I've had my 928 about 6 months and so far the only problem I have left after the updates fixed the screen from not responding, is when I sometimes open the Nokia Pro Camera app and the phone will reset. Or the phone will do it at random!!! Help!!! Running Lumia Black and GDR3

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I've had my 928 about 6 months and so far the only problem I have left after the updates fixed the screen from not responding, is when I sometimes open the Nokia Pro Camera app and the phone will reset. Or the phone will do it at random!!! Help!!! Running Lumia Black and GDR3

I'm on my third 928 and I've never had that happen. I would contact support.

neo1127

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I had been having a headset speaker issue since I bought this phone. I could not hear callers unless I was on speaker, bluetooth or earbuds. I sent it in to nokia 3 weeks ago for repair. I received it four days ago and it worked perfectly. The bug returned today with a vengeance. I headset speaker does not work again plus the speaker is now not working. I use the camera for my business. There is no phone on verizon that can match this camera other than the icon. This issue appears to be common and related to the hardware. I've done soft resets and hard resets and it does not solve the issue. What is nokia and microsoft doing to resolve this issue? Has anyone with this issue had a resolution? Please help.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I had been having a headset speaker issue since I bought this phone. I could not hear callers unless I was on speaker, bluetooth or earbuds. I sent it in to nokia 3 weeks ago for repair. I received it four days ago and it worked perfectly. The bug returned today with a vengeance. I headset speaker does not work again plus the speaker is now not working. I use the camera for my business. There is no phone on verizon that can match this camera other than the icon. This issue appears to be common and related to the hardware. I've done soft resets and hard resets and it does not solve the issue. What is nokia and microsoft doing to resolve this issue? Has anyone with this issue had a resolution? Please help.

Had the same issue, the phone thinks the earphones are plugged in. Either plug the earphones in and out, or clean the jack with a qtip and alcohol.

spikeybadooks

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think many of the problems with this phone come down to poor build quality and construction. I've had 3 phones, 2 from Verizon and one from an eBay seller that was advertised on wpcentral. All three had issues that seemed to come down to the casing. The first one had speaker issues that seemed to get better if I squeezed the edges of the phone and clicked the casing back in. The second one would not output from the earpiece unless I applied pressure to the center of the phone while on a call and my current phone has the touchscreen go unresponsive pretty much once a day. This fix is either applying pressure to the casing and the screen works again or a soft reset.

My mother also has the 928 and just this morning had a phantom touch issue followed up by an unresponsive screen.

It seems to me many issues come down to the phone being poorly assembled or designed. Can anyone else confirm anything similar?
I'm really not sure what to do.

goldielox606

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia died while I was texting, it switched to Bing, then said resuming, then died, this is my second Lumia to be replaced in a year. Will NOT get another one!!!!!

CowboyBigsby

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine has issues with calls needing to be on speaker to hear the other person. It really blows. A guy I know with a 925 has similar issues though.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
My phone turns off automatically and doesn't turn back on for more than an hour. A soft reset is required to turn it back on.

I've been having this same problem, more frequently recently than in the past. The past two nights in a row, my phone has just died in the night for no apparent reason. When I wake up in the morning, I find my phone shut off and unable to power back on. However, doing a soft reset brings the phone back to life and shows that there is still 30+% battery remaining, so I don't know why it shut off in the middle of the night.

I'm running the 8.1 Developer Preview, would be interested in knowing if anybody else is having this problem or has a solution for it. Considering I use my phone as an alarm, I have been frustrated with the unreliable nature of my phone recently.

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
So I just got a new Lumia 928 from my insurance. It was running Windows phone 8 GDR3 and I don't know if it started then or when I updated to the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 but the screen goes black alot during phone calls. The double tap to wake doesn't work. And when I end a call the phones screen does black and locks and I have to open my phone again. Is there a fix to this? Please help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos