Pictures / Video taken with your 928

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pictures/Videos taken with your 928!

Try flipping the camera around and watch where you fingers are. I have done this too and it is either from me somehow blocking part of the flash or to holding it correctly for the subject..at least that was my experience

This assumes those were with flash, if not those look bad and I might exchange the phone

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Make sure there is no smudge on the camera lens.. it could potentially ruin the image.

I use my smartphone as a main camera, so I keep one of these on my key chain.. u never know when you might need to take a proper shot.

Amazon.com: Nikon 8072 Microfiber Cleaning Cloth: Camera & Photo

552ba2c008a0f731e440a010.L.jpg

Especially important for low light/night photography.. if you see streaks across the image from any light source.. ya.. you've been smudged! Just like the first image egret85 posted..

But, the "sound recordings" are said to be MONO and NOT stereo?

The best way to verify is to look into the properties of a video file.. it should say if the audio stream is mono, or stereo. You could also see the bitrate..

Someone here already confirmed that its mono, unfortunately.

egret85

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Try flipping the camera around and watch where you fingers are. I have done this too and it is either from me somehow blocking part of the flash or to holding it correctly for the subject..at least that was my experience

This assumes those were with flash, if not those look bad and I might exchange the phone

Both were without Flash.

Make sure there is no smudge on the camera lens.. it could potentially ruin the image.

I use my smartphone as a main camera, so I keep one of these on my key chain.. u never know when you might need to take a proper shot.

Amazon.com: Nikon 8072 Microfiber Cleaning Cloth: Camera & Photo

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/21/3c/552ba2c008a0f731e440a010.L.jpg

Especially important for low light/night photography.. if you see streaks across the image from any light source.. ya.. you've been smudged! Just like the first image egret85 posted..

I did clean the lens right before taking both of these. I had seen that same thing posted in another thread when I was looking to see if other were having similar issues based on photos before these two.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

^ yes, you might have a defective unit.. I was just suggesting/saying that in general its a good idea to keep it clean. Also, sometimes you shirt, or any cotton fabric won't clean it.. that's why I mentioned the micro fiber thingy.

I think you should replace your unit, if you can..

Hey guys, have anything to say to this fellow, who says the 928 isn't worth the purchase due to a lousy xenon flash? Feel free to comment on their article:
Nokia Lumia 928 Review: Xenon Flash Is Not Worth the Purchase

Right.. he obviously doesn't get it.

The xenon flash shines in any low light scenes where you have movement, situations where you have to take a spontaneous shot, like.. at the dance floor, at a birthday party.. you know.. normal life situation where an LED flash is absolutely useless.

Like I mentioned earlier, once you get used to a xenon flash, any other phone camera will feel like a massive downgrade. Its soo much better..

The 928 scores lots of points just for that.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Haven't taken a ton of pics with it just yet, but I'm pretty happy (coming from a FF SLR user). Here's one that shows a pretty impressive minimum focusing distance (for frame of reference, the flower is probably about 2" wide) -

965530_10151506074398071_1686963390_o.jpg

No flash, default camera, full auto, no post-processing.

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

Haven't taken a ton of pics with it just yet, but I'm pretty happy (coming from a FF SLR user). Here's one that shows a pretty impressive minimum focusing distance (for frame of reference, the flower is probably about 2" wide) -

Stunning shot!

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Why did you strip all the metadata?

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Why did you strip all the metadata?

I didn't - it was uploaded directly to facebook; they probably don't retain it/let you access it. For the life of me, I can't get the flickr app to work and I haven't looked in to 3rd party flickr apps, yet.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Since it's not the internet if it doesn't have cats, here's Jack's favorite new nap spot -

477701_10151506260553071_2103450165_o.jpg

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Okay, I went through the trouble of connecting my phone to my computer and I've uploaded five test shots (the four below and the previous purple flower) from the nursery to flickr at full resolution. This is the first that I've seen 100% crops, and I've gotta say that I'm pretty impressed (to view full size, follow link to flickr, right-click and select the "Original" size). All EXIF is there for those interested, too.

WP_20130522_010 by heightsfidelity, on Flickr

WP_20130522_009 by heightsfidelity, on Flickr

WP_20130522_005 by heightsfidelity, on Flickr

WP_20130522_006 by heightsfidelity, on Flickr

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Clearly the 928 camera sucks... /sarcasm

Seriously, those flower pictures are unbelievable for a smartphone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I took these shots in our guest bedroom. The first is in total darkness, using only the flash, the second with the (incandescent) ceiling fan light on, without flash, and the third with the light on and the flash on. The actual color is pretty much spot on with the light off and flash on. It looks to me like the white balance shifts to the xenon value whenever you use the xenon flash, so the incandescent color cast shows in the picture. This could be corrected with software, so I wouldn't call the addition of the xenon flash a failure. Let's see what they come up with in coming weeks and months.

Darkness - flash only:
WP_20130523_002.jpg

Light on, flash off:
WP_20130523_004.jpg

Light on, flash on:
WP_20130523_003.jpg

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

I took these shots in our guest bedroom. The first is in total darkness, using only the flash, the second with the (incandescent) ceiling fan light on, without flash, and the third with the light on and the flash on. The actual color is pretty much spot on with the light off and flash on. It looks to me like the white balance shifts to the xenon value whenever you use the xenon flash, so the incandescent color cast shows in the picture. This could be corrected with software, so I wouldn't call the addition of the xenon flash a failure. Let's see what they come up with in coming weeks and months.

my flash does tend towards yellow in a room with one bulb lit, which tends to have a yellow cast to the room anyway but it does amplify it. I have not tied it yet in other settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss