Pictures / Video taken with your 928

JustToClarify

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Videos Filmed with Lumia 928 (some pictures as well)

daytime pictures are still N95 quality(at best), to be real I didn't expect more anyway

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Any settings or controls for the ISO or shutter speed, etc? I'm curious if there's a way to get the daylight shots sharper on there. :) Thanks

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• WP_20130406_042.jpg
    WP_20130406_042.jpg
    729.2 KB · Views: 117

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Any settings or controls for the ISO or shutter speed, etc? I'm curious if there's a way to get the daylight shots sharper on there. :) Thanks
ISO, exposure and white balance are adjustable...my shots were pretty much all taken in Auto mode.
ProShot (paid app) gives you control of shutter speed, manual focus and a other settings; I used it for the long exposure shot of the fan in the first post.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Looking good.. :cool: EDM is the way.. I really can't stand the mainstream stuff (guetta, aoki, afrojak..) that is popular now, but other than that there is tons of good music out there.

The Dumbing Down of Electronic Dance Music | By Jim Fusilli - WSJ.com

and just for reference, couple of pics in similar conditions from PV Phase 1

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam/nokia/808_pureview/201303242349RFx810.jpg

This is where the xenon flash rules.. freezing motion
http://i.imgur.com/UMbSVxr.jpg

And the sound recording, still better.. since it records at a higher bitrate and in stereo. This is a Funktion 1 sound system... that thing is truly incredible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAMV8UgOs3A

daytime pictures are still N95 quality(at best), to be real I didn't expect more anyway

Its still the same tiny sensor... can't expect anything more than that.

It doesn't look like the flash fired here, but if it did.. that fan should be "frozen" ... no exif data on any of those pics

http://forums.windowscentral.com/at...46d1368205806-2013_04_24_18_48_52_proshot.jpg

Last edited:

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't look like the flash fired here, but if it did.. that fan should be "frozen" ... no exif data on any of those pics

http://forums.windowscentral.com/at...46d1368205806-2013_04_24_18_48_52_proshot.jpg
You are correct, the fan picture was taken with a long exposure and no flash to intentionally blur the blades.

Buffs huh... CPB happen to be our employer?
Nope, not in CO anymore.

Impressive, thank you! I would love to see some night photos taken with the flash, if you have any, could you post some?
Here are some comparisons of pictures in the dark with and without flash: Lumia 928 - Flash Comparison - Imgur

I see your an EDM fan =P Who's your favorite artist?

On the phone front, since the 928 is supposed to have the same sensor as the 920, should there be a visible difference in the picture/video quality between the 2? I mean if people claim they can see the difference with the 928 shots, shouldn't a simple software update to the 920 bring up to the same level as the 928?
Probably Tiesto and Armin. You are correct that the camera setups are very similar so I imagine the potential is very similar (without flash), but I honestly dont know the details on what differences exist in the camera software between the two phones.

I have same question. Are the mics on 928 different than the ones on 920?

Again, thanks a ton for the footage. I listened on a decent headset rig and its unbelievable the detail you can hear and the bass is something I've never heard before in a situation like this on handlheld consumer gear.
I am not sure of the exact mic configuration on the 920 but both phones have mics capable of HAAC so they should be able to record audio with similar quality. A direct comparison to audio recorded at a similar concert with other phones/cameras/gopros shows how good Nokia audio recording really is; you can extract the audio from your clips and make mp3s that sound great.

Attachments

• Bar no flash.jpg
    Bar no flash.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Bar with flash.jpg
    Bar with flash.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 55
  • Bed no flash.jpg
    Bed no flash.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 25
  • Bed with flash.jpg
    Bed with flash.jpg
    656.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

^ very nice! Any action/portrait shots with the flash by any chance ? Looking promising

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Out of interest how long does the xenon take to recharge after a shot?

Yes, but the size of the capacitors in those phones allows for a very short recharge time since they are small.. I've never had an issue, its fast enough.

I hope someone like ifixit takes the 928 apart so we can take a look at the capacitor :)

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

Been there done that. Took and fully used my 920 at Ultra Music Festival 2013. Amazing audio capture. I <3 HAAC. Literally laughed out loud at everyone with a GS3 or iPhone 5

Check out the post:

Ok guys it's not like we need anymore proof of the capability of the 920's recording abilities, but the weekend before the last i went to Ultra Music Festival in Miami and let me tell you that i was more than impressed with my phone's ability to record the various tones and wobbles that are typical at EDM (Electric Dance Music) festivals. I laughed every time i saw someone trying to record video with a GS3 or iPhone, "you're getting nothing but moving pictures, the audio is going to be p00p!" i thought to myself. Sure enough one of my friends recording with a GS3 was quite disappointed with his phone and was amazed at how well the 920 took in audio and HD video.

Where most phones have trouble with distortion from loud deep bass tones, the 920 puts on a show and struts it's stuff.

Below you'll find links to video i posted on YouTube. OIS can only do so much, i apologize in advance for not being able to keep still and just hold the phone. Hard not to when the music is so good.

Steve Aoki at Dim Mak pool party - YouTube

RUSKO Mainstage at Ultra 15 (fresh tunes) - YouTube

Kaskade performing at Ultra 15's Worldwide stage - YouTube

Eric Prydz at Ultra 15 Mainstage - YouTube

Adventure Club at Ultra 15 Worldwide stage - YouTube

Bloody Beetroots Live at Ultra 15 Live stage - YouTube

Adrian Lux at Ultra 15 Mainstage - YouTube

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200158516940054&l=8591061536636426124

And also, my Facebook album for the trip. By the way, i had the assistance of the Brando power jacket to get through the 12+ hour days recording vids and pictures. If you haven't been to Ultra, you have to go. I had a blast and am going again next year.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

CyberAngel_777

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

I have same question. Are the mics on 928 different than the ones on 920?.

Almost everything the same like
- mono HAAC for recording Video (High Amplitude Audio max = 140 dB)
- camera + OIS
- gloves free=supersensitive
- CPU+GPU+RAM, including speed
- Battery capacity (2000 mAh)

Different:
- Xenon-flash (instead of a short-pulse dual-led)
- dimensions & weight (longer, narrower, less thick, much lighter ; outside & inside differences)
- physical display = AMOLED (max brightness 500 nit < 600 nit), real speed unknown (9 ms on 920)
- Battery model designation (maintenance replaceable on both, e.g. when it gets old)
- speaker (should be louder)
- a few other things like initial color options and US distribution, new commercials, etc

If you find mistakes or omissions on diff, please add!

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Almost everything the same like
- mono HAAC for recording Video (High Amplitude Audio max = 140 dB)

That might not be the case..

Right here in the specs:
Main video camera features
  • Video streaming: YouTube browsing and video streaming, Progressive video download, Streaming from video services and internet
  • Video recording features: Stereo Audio Recording, Video light, Video zoom, Optical image stabilization, Continuous autofocus

Nokia Lumia 928 - Specifications - Nokia - USA

It has the same number of mics as the 920.

StreakIsIntact

May 13, 2013
Visit site

These are night videos taken at Disney's California Adventure with the Nokia Lumia 928. The first pic is a pan-through of Paradise Pier while the remaining videos are of tidbits of The World of Color, a water fountain show on steroids. The Lumia 928 has done an excellent job of capturing the vibrant color of the spectacle with excellent audio recording. As for battery life...by the time it was time for the show, I had already gone the entire day making phone calls, sending text messages, and playing games while waiting in line for rides and I still had plenty of juice left.

Disney Paradise Pier- Filmed with Nokia Lumia 928 - YouTube
Disney World of Color: Opening Sequence- Filmed with Nokia Lumia 928 - YouTube
Disney World of Color: Pirate Sequence- Filmed with Nokia Lumia 928 - YouTube
Disney World of Color: Closing Sequence- Filmed with Nokia Lumia 928 - YouTube

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pictures/Videos taken with your 928!

dude, you joined to say that? These are pretty awesome photos, im sure a side by side with your preferred smartphone will impress you quite a bit!

I am a big windows phone fan, but to be honest the sharpness of some of those photos aren't really impressive, I am not trying to knock it here, just saying compared to some other high end phones the sharpness seems very muted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb