Pictures / Video taken with your 928

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pictures/Videos taken with your 928!

A few night shots around the house (all taken with ProShot, ISO 100, flash off, auto white balance). 1 second exposure time for the first one, 2 seconds for the rest. None have been retouched.

1 sec. exposure, very accurate in terms of color and amount of light.

Increasing exposure time to 2 seconds to allow in a little more light...

Penny, were the 1 and 2 second shots handheld or did you have the camera on a tripod or use other means of stabilizing the cam?

Also, is it the fast lens that lets you keep the ISO at 100? I wonder what the cam would have selected if it were on auto ISO (I assume it has an auto ISO? I should be getting mine tomorrow...)?

Thanks!

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

No my images are coming up great in both close up and auto, I was just wondering if there were differences in resolutions between the two focuses but I guess not. Part of my question still stands though, what is the max resolution capability of the 928 when taking photos? Are all photos just automatically taken at this resolution?

Some questions are difficult to parse search engine results for relevant answers. This is not one of those questions.

The only way to change the camera resolution is to change the aspect ratio:

16:9 (default) - 3552 * 2000
4:3 - 3264 * 2448

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

man, strap always goes over the neck first! :)

It always kills me to see someone walking along, holding their camera in one hand with the strap dangling - they usually learn after the first time the strap catches on something and it rips the camera out of their hand, though.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

It always kills me to see someone walking along, holding their camera in one hand with the strap dangling - they usually learn after the first time the strap catches on something and it rips the camera out of their hand, though.

Sometimes I carry my camera on my shoulder, and sometimes in one hand. My camera has two straps, however - a shoulder strap and a wrist strap. Anytime the shoulder strap isn't on my shoulder (and sometimes when it is) the wrist strap is on, for just the reason you cite (in addition to being more secure from theft).

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes I carry my camera on my shoulder, and sometimes in one hand. My camera has two straps, however - a shoulder strap and a wrist strap. Anytime the shoulder strap isn't on my shoulder (and sometimes when it is) the wrist strap is on, for just the reason you cite (in addition to being more secure from theft).

I used to leave the shoulder strap on and just wrap it around my wrist when it wasn't over my shoulder, but now I have a quick release (BlackRapid-type strap) so I just disconnect it if it's not hanging.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

temporary_zps52fc0450.jpg

temporary_zpsaae96be5.jpg

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Penny, were the 1 and 2 second shots handheld or did you have the camera on a tripod or use other means of stabilizing the cam?

Also, is it the fast lens that lets you keep the ISO at 100? I wonder what the cam would have selected if it were on auto ISO (I assume it has an auto ISO? I should be getting mine tomorrow...)?

Thanks!

Hi Somerichs. I did not use a tripod for those pictures, but I did stabilize the phone on flat surfaces for those shots. For the first two, I placed the phone on a picnic table and just balanced/stabilized the phone with my hands. For the latter two, as you can tell from the perspective, I used the ground to stabilize the phone while I just tilted it back and held it in place.

The two things on this phone that allow you to do low light shots at a low ISO are the large aperture (fast lens) and the fact that you can manually adjust exposure length through photography apps like ProShot that give you more manual control. You do have to keep the phone EXTREMELY still to take advantage of those longer exposure times.

I also did happen to take the same picture as the first two in auto mode, and the picture data shows that it used a 1/3 second exposure length and defaulted to 800 ISO (the max). Here's that pic on auto:
WP_20130524_008.jpg

freddyfromutah

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Ha! I realized that after she had been taking pictures for a little while... it's only a couple grand worth of equipment, right?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

A few night shots around the house (all taken with ProShot, ISO 100, flash off, auto white balance). 1 second exposure time for the first one, 2 seconds for the rest. None have been retouched.

1 sec. exposure, very accurate in terms of color and amount of light.
View attachment 34832

Increasing exposure time to 2 seconds to allow in a little more light...
View attachment 34833

Some light coming from behind me (not nearly as much as it seems though).
View attachment 34834

Nice moonlight without the gradient of the previous pic.
View attachment 34835

Penny_1 Thanks so much fo giving the settings you used!!!! I think it woud be VERY helpful if the people who took these great shots could include the settings they used. That would help the rest of us novices get up to speed.
As for the exposure settings. How did you keep the camera still? Did you rely on the OIS or did you set it up on a tripod of some sort? Thanks again!!!!

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Statue of George Washington - Union Square Park, New York City. Using Pro Shot - Auto.

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

I also did happen to take the same picture as the first two in auto mode, and the picture data shows that it used a 1/3 second exposure length and defaulted to 800 ISO (the max).

I did a quick side-by-side and it looks like the auto mode shot has a bit more fine detail. Do mine eyes deceive me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)