Pictures / Video taken with your 928

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pictures/Videos taken with your 928!

A couple of macros I took a few days ago. Default camera app and all auto.

Despite how bright it looks, this pic is only very slightly overexposed. That flower just likes to glow I guess.
WP_20130520_006.jpg

In the pristine orange morning sun:
WP_20130526_013.jpg

el_bori1

Oct 31, 2007
Visit site

A couple of macros I took a few days ago. Default camera app and all auto.

Despite how bright it looks, this pic is only very slightly overexposed. That flower just likes to glow I guess.
View attachment 34945

In the pristine orange morning sun:
View attachment 34946

Love the second picture! Can't wait to get mines again.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Beautiful!

One more, this one is a panorama:

View attachment 34931

I did edit this one in creative studio, I toned down the vibrance, upped the brightness, added some clarity. I was impressed with the interface on the panorama feature, so neat. For those who are wondering, this is on the Navajo Loop trail in Bryce Canyon, You can see the Formation "Thors Hammer" on the right side, what an incredible place!

Love the photos you've posted so far! You mentioned you think the iPhone5 takes better pictures than the 928 in daylight. Do you still have the iPhone? Would you be able to post a few comparison shots - different places, different conditions? Maybe do an iPhone5 vs 928 default camera vs 928 ProShot comparison? Thanks in advance! I'm anxious to see if the difference in quality/sharpness is very obvious.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I have a friend who is a semi-pro photographer and we were comparing phones last night. We of course got to the camera portion. He's got a brand new iPhone5. I showed him my pool pics and he was AMAZED. He couldn't get over the fact how clear the pic was with a 4 sec exposure. First of all, he said his couldn't do a 4 sec exposure and if it could, he KNOWS it would be so blurry, that you would need a tripod to stabilize it. He was amazed how clear it was just from hand stabilization.
He was looking at the above pics with the flowers and the water drops and he just whistled at it.
Then he saw the above pic of Bryce Canyon and that just blew him away.
He just kept going on about how amzing the pics were for a CAMERA PHONE.

He was definitely, genuinely impressed to the point he was going to see if he could get it on his carrier. He's not on Verizon so I told him good luck. ;-)

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Awesome shot of Bryce Canyon freddyfromutah! Very clear panorama. I'm with aaa6112 in that I'd love to see an iPhone 5 vs. Lumia 928 direct comparison on a couple of photos if you still have that phone around and can do it.

I'm going to continue to post test shots as I learn to use manual settings better, so please don't mind if some of my photos are rough/not very artistic guys. I hope that this will also help others learn their cameras better as well. Below are a couple of night shots I took while in a mall parking lot after hours:

This one is using ProShot, on the Auto setting, handheld (no stabilization). The camera chose:
- Exposure: 1/7 sec.
- ISO: 640
- Auto white balance
- Auto Focus
2013_05_29_20_58_44_ProShot.jpg

Using ProShot, on the C1 manual setting, handheld:
- Exposure: 1/8 sec.
- ISO: 200
- Auto white balance
- Focus: Manual at 78%
2013_05_29_21_05_23_ProShot.jpg

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Awesome shot of Bryce Canyon freddyfromutah! Very clear panorama. I'm with aaa6112 in that I'd love to see an iPhone 5 vs. Lumia 928 direct comparison on a couple of photos if you still have that phone around and can do it.

I'm going to continue to post test shots as I learn to use manual settings better, so please don't mind if some of my photos are rough/not very artistic guys. I hope that this will also help others learn their cameras better as well. Below are a couple of night shots I took while in a mall parking lot after hours:

This one is using ProShot, on the Auto setting, handheld (no stabilization). The camera chose:
- Exposure: 1/7 sec.
- ISO: 640
- Auto white balance
- Auto Focus
View attachment 34980

Using ProShot, on the C1 manual setting, handheld:
- Exposure: 1/8 sec.
- Auto white balance
- Focus: Manual at 78%
View attachment 34981
WOW that's a huge difference!

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site

Here are a few shots from mine. I'm not sure what I think about this camera....
Early morning with bright sky....lots of contrast and the light washes out....
Using proshot app... On "P"

p1816640230-4.jpg

p1707793334-4.jpg

Mid day today ISO 200, auto for the rest. Standard camera...

p1847148755-4.jpg

p1841354319-4.jpg

Proshot, "P" ISO 200, auto for the rest...

p1816684980-4.jpg

p1798175590-4.jpg

Maybe I had some junk on the lens for the first couple? The rest are not bad albeit a bit over saturated. I'll keep playing with it.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Here are a few shots from mine. I'm not sure what I think about this camera....
Early morning with bright sky....lots of contrast and the light washes out....
Using proshot app... On "P"

View attachment 35069

View attachment 35070

The sky would likely be blown out (beyond white) with latest sensors on DSLRs, too - that's a huge dynamic range that you're expecting it to convey.

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

lisainsf-albums116-35076.jpg

chrisbash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

2013_06_01_20_49_57_ProShot.jpg

Taken last night with ProShot:
- exposure: 1 sec.
- no flash
- everything else auto

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site

The sky would likely be blown out (beyond white) with latest sensors on DSLRs, too - that's a huge dynamic range that you're expecting it to convey.

True but there are a lot more ways to compensate for it on a DSLR. On my iphone I was able to tap a spot on the screen and it would use that spot and adjust for the light....the sky wouldn't have been washed out but the trees would of been much darker. I'm not complaining, just comparing. It's different and in my opinion, I think the iphone was a little better in some lighting situations. If this sensor is the low light "king" then it stands to reason that this camera will struggle a little in certain lighting. I do like being able to manually control some of the camera settings. Big plus in my book. I'm happy with the other photo's as well as video.

One last thing, is the location of the camera seems to be susceptible to getting stuff on it. As mentioned above, it will be a good idea to carry a cloth around to clean it often. sign0134.gif

eth3rton

May 30, 2013
Visit site

Going to Bryce & Zion next week! Great shot!

Beautiful!

One more, this one is a panorama:

View attachment 34931

I did edit this one in creative studio, I toned down the vibrance, upped the brightness, added some clarity. I was impressed with the interface on the panorama feature, so neat. For those who are wondering, this is on the Navajo Loop trail in Bryce Canyon, You can see the Formation "Thors Hammer" on the right side, what an incredible place!

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

True but there are a lot more ways to compensate for it on a DSLR. On my iphone I was able to tap a spot on the screen and it would use that spot and adjust for the light....the sky wouldn't have been washed out but the trees would of been much darker. I'm not complaining, just comparing. It's different and in my opinion, I think the iphone was a little better in some lighting situations. If this sensor is the low light "king" then it stands to reason that this camera will struggle a little in certain lighting. I do like being able to manually control some of the camera settings. Big plus in my book. I'm happy with the other photo's as well as video.

One last thing, is the location of the camera seems to be susceptible to getting stuff on it. As mentioned above, it will be a good idea to carry a cloth around to clean it often. View attachment 35101

get the ProShot app it allows you to adjust the exposure compensation and shows blown out areas, and then adjusts that as you adjust the exposure compensation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)