08-25-2013 01:03 AM
220 1234 ...
tools
    I'll be getting it on launch day. We have a verizon store on campus (Microsoft), so i'll be taking an early lunch break to go pick it up. Probably in white. I've been an Android user from day one, my first smart phone being the G1. I like the freedom that Android gave me to do dev work, but after having a kid I can't keep up with all the builds for the custom roms. Now I just want a phone that works and that I don't have to worry about. Plus after starting a Microsoft, figure I should probably be brand loyal. ;)

I can't wait for Thursday. This is the phone I've been waiting for before I made the move to WP8.

EDIT: BTW - long time lurker, first post.
    05-11-2013 11:26 PM
    I`m waiting for a universal release-date, because its only been confirmed by Verizon for the US.
    05-11-2013 11:29 PM
    I currently have an 8x, purchased 11/2012 - Definitely getting one on release day.
    05-12-2013 12:04 AM
    i amplanning on a white one. currently an htc hd7 user on tmobile. if nokia does not announce anything for tmo on tuesday, my destiny will be obvious
    05-12-2013 01:12 AM
    I, too, was told that I would lose my unlimited data plan when I used my upgrade to purchase the Nokia Lumia 928. Can you explain to me what you meant when listing one of your options to avoid this was "adding a line?" I am wanting to purchase the white Lumia
    928 on the 16th. It has been a long, but worthwhile wait!
    05-12-2013 02:00 AM
    I, too, was told that I would lose my unlimited data plan when I used my upgrade to purchase the Nokia Lumia 928. Can you explain to me what you meant when listing one of your options to avoid this was "adding a line?" I am wanting to purchase the white Lumia
    928 on the 16th. It has been a long, but worthwhile wait!
    There are a few ways around the whole unlimited data thing. Basically you only lose unlimited if the contract and the phone hit the system together. So you could add a line with a 2GB plan, then pop your SIM into the new phone. That keeps the unlimited. Or if you have someone on your account with a limited plan, you can upgrade them into the new phone then switch them back to their old one and assign the new phone to your number.
    05-12-2013 06:11 AM
    I doubt it will sell out, but I plan on being at my Verizon store at 10am Thursday. I'm 95% sure I'll be going with a black 928 but I'll at least check the white one out before I go throw my money at the CSR.
    05-12-2013 07:43 AM
    for me, I think I would like to wait for a couple of reasons...
    Like to know what other carriers this will work when bought from say Microsoft outright...need a global phone and perhaps one that works on TMo too...
    Also, want to know more about what will be announced on the 14th and of course when those devices will be released.
    So, i will be waiting - but that white does look nice, gives it that two tone look :)
    05-12-2013 07:51 AM
    I have an 8x and and had the 822 when it first came out. I manage a business account so I could get a 928 if I really wanted. However, I am very happy with my 8X and not really tempted by the 928. Will wait for the next if thing.
    05-12-2013 08:00 AM
    Not sure if i have seen this anywhere or not...
    but will Microsoft have these at their stores?
    The Microsoft online store doesnt show it today (sunday)...
    05-12-2013 08:06 AM
    I have had an Iphone 4 for 2 years. Never had an android phone but I know a lot of people like them. I don't know anyone that owns a windows phone besides the people I read about on this site. I have waited for this phone and I will be getting a black one asap on Thursday. my iphone is white and its time for a change. I'm gonna not like losing my unlimited but oh well. unless a miracle happens before then its bye by to that too.
    05-12-2013 08:27 AM
    Also wanted red but will get a white one on Thursday. Does anyone know if Swype supports WP8 yet ? Would be tough to give up my Swype.
    No.swype, but WPs keyboard and autocorrect is extremely accurate.
    05-12-2013 08:34 AM
    No.swype, but WPs keyboard and autocorrect is extremely accurate.
    It's actually kind of weird it isn't there. Nokia and Samsung are large owners of the company that owns swype.

Not a user of swype, but hopefully it will get put on the OS soon.
    05-12-2013 09:08 AM
    Bought my 8x,Trophy, and 822 on launch...the 928 will be no different :)

Does anyone know the off contract pricing yet? The 920 on ATT was $350, which is INSANELY cheap. If the 928 is priced in the $350-400 range off contract I think it may do quite well. No way I'm giving up unlimited data.
    05-12-2013 09:22 AM
    I saw $499.00 somewhere
    05-12-2013 09:26 AM
    If u have a employee discount and ur buying the phone full retail can u apply your discount on the full price of the phone?
    05-12-2013 09:58 AM
    TC or Honest Abe,

I'm wondering if someone can give me some guidance here. I've been using Android phones for 3 years and been wanting to switch to WP8 for a while, and I think the Lumia 928 is the phone to do it for me. So my question is this. My upgrade is not available til June 30, and after issues with my Galaxy Nexus (overheating, crappy battery life, rebooting, etc) I'm not feeling too patient. Is there a way to get the phone earlier with upgrade pricing? My mom (same VZW plan) wants to port our landline over to a cell phone to save on the bill, and I was wondering if there was any way to possibly combine adding that cell line to our plan with me getting the 928 with some fancy maneuvering. I really don't know how or if this is even possible, as she would obviously prefer the "land line" cell to be a feature phone, but if anyone can think of any way I'd really really appreciate it. I want that phone on the 16th!
    05-12-2013 10:21 AM
    I'll be getting it on launch day. We have a verizon store on campus (Microsoft), so i'll be taking an early lunch break to go pick it up. Probably in white. I've been an Android user from day one, my first smart phone being the G1. I like the freedom that Android gave me to do dev work, but after having a kid I can't keep up with all the builds for the custom roms. Now I just want a phone that works and that I don't have to worry about. Plus after starting a Microsoft, figure I should probably be brand loyal. ;)

I can't wait for Thursday. This is the phone I've been waiting for before I made the move to WP8.

EDIT: BTW - long time lurker, first post.
    i thought all microsoft employees were supposed to get L920? you werent there yet that time? =)
    05-12-2013 12:49 PM
    There are a few ways around the whole unlimited data thing. Basically you only lose unlimited if the contract and the phone hit the system together. So you could add a line with a 2GB plan, then pop your SIM into the new phone. That keeps the unlimited. Or if you have someone on your account with a limited plan, you can upgrade them into the new phone then switch them back to their old one and assign the new phone to your number.
    So what do you do with the 'new' 2GB plan that you just signed up for to get the phone. Can you just call and cancel that new line right away? Wouldn't that put you on the hook for an ETF?.
    05-12-2013 04:05 PM
    Throw a basic phone on there and pay $9.99 for two years.
    05-12-2013 04:31 PM
    Can somebody tell me what a sticky thread is and how it differs from a regular thread ? Thanks
    05-12-2013 04:49 PM
    Can somebody tell me what a sticky thread is and how it differs from a regular thread ? Thanks
    A sticky thread is just one that stays at the top of the list of posts because it typically contains information that is extremely relevant or a question that is posed very frequently, often times to make sure that there aren't a million threads covering the same topic.
    05-12-2013 04:56 PM
    Throw a basic phone on there and pay $9.99 for two years.
    So if I'm following you correctly.... I have a single unlimited data line right now (Nationwide 450 plan). So I:

1. Log into VZW on my normal account.
    2. Add a new 2GB Share Everything line and purchase the 928 at on-contract price (2-years) for $149 ($99 after rebate).
    3. Receive 928 and activate it on the new Share Everything line.
    4. Activate a regular basic phone on the new Share Everything line which will 1) deactivate the 928 2) drop the data requirement for that line and 3) make the monthly charge for that line $9.99.
    5. Take 928 and activate it on my unlimited data line.

Sound about right?
    05-12-2013 04:58 PM
    Hi all

Like the title suggest anyone purchase the L928 or considering too buy post in here.

If you have the device post feedback to help others that are considering the device.

Happy Posting!
    My wife has been bugging me since about January about when this phone would get released. Her iPhone 4 (her first smartphone) is in desperate need of replacing and she is also very unhappy with it. She says she cares the most about the camera on the phone (and being on Verizon) so this couldn't have come at a better time. She's been holding out on her upgrade since February. I've had my Lumia 710 since early April 2012. While it's decent, it isn't the best phone for showing off an OS to people that think all smartphones are iPhones. We will likely be meeting up straight from work on Thursday (otherwise heading home and then going back out). I'm excited for the $25 in free apps and having a phone that doesn't have physical back/home/search buttons (my phone at least makes a sound when they get pressed...and I don't mean an electronic one).
    05-12-2013 06:43 PM
    So if I'm following you correctly.... I have a single unlimited data line right now (Nationwide 450 plan). So I:

1. Log into VZW on my normal account.
    2. Add a new 2GB Share Everything line and purchase the 928 at on-contract price (2-years) for $149 ($99 after rebate).
    3. Receive 928 and activate it on the new Share Everything line.
    4. Activate a regular basic phone on the new Share Everything line which will 1) deactivate the 928 2) drop the data requirement for that line and 3) make the monthly charge for that line $9.99.
    5. Take 928 and activate it on my unlimited data line.

Sound about right?
    that's correct but basic phones on Share Everything are $30 per month
    05-12-2013 09:10 PM
220 1234 ...