08-25-2013 01:03 AM
220 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Like the phone so far. Can anyone tell me how to switch my search engine in IE from Bing to google?
    05-16-2013 04:33 PM
    Like the phone so far. Can anyone tell me how to switch my search engine in IE from Bing to google?
    How To: Choosing Google as Internet Explorer Search on WP8/Nokia Lumia 920/820 : My Nokia Blog

But this can be locked by carrier, and knowing Verizon...
    05-16-2013 04:43 PM
    I would give bing a solid try before switching... it has been working very well for me so far.

But if you do want to change it: Windows Phone 8: Change the Default Search Engine in Internet Explorer | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial
    05-16-2013 04:44 PM
    You guys are a unique bunch... there are a lot of people out there wishing they had a Nokia WP phone with Xenon flash...

.. enjoy :)
    05-16-2013 04:50 PM
    I tried to buy a Lumia 928 today at my local Verizon store (San Luis Obispo, CA), but I was informed that they would not sell me a phone w/o a new 2yr contract. Since I have a grandfathered unlimited data account I wanted to buy the phone at full retail price. Boo!
    Last edited by BobcatRidge; 05-16-2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typo
    12Danny123 likes this.
    05-16-2013 04:50 PM
    Just picked mine up. Love it.
    05-16-2013 05:02 PM
    I would give bing a solid try before switching... it has been working very well for me so far.

But if you do want to change it: Windows Phone 8: Change the Default Search Engine in Internet Explorer | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial
    I looked on that website but I don't have the option to change search providers. It's missing entirely. Can anyone confirm that they have it on their phone?
    05-16-2013 05:28 PM
    I hope this isn't true. I don't have the option to change it on my device
    05-16-2013 05:28 PM
    Picked mine up at VZW earlier this morning. No display unit, signage, or anything out for the phone. The CSR had to go ask the manager about the phone, had no idea they even had it in the store. After they found it, they got me switched over and activated quickly. Have been playing with it ever since. Definitely not going to regret this purchase.
    05-16-2013 05:41 PM
    you can buy it from many places amazon, wirefly, MS store. Why o you go to Verizon store:).
    05-16-2013 05:41 PM
    you can buy it from many places amazon, wirefly, MS store. Why o you go to Verizon store:).
    I've tried Amazon & MS Store with no luck. Do you have any links?
    05-16-2013 05:52 PM
    I tried to buy a Lumia 928 today at my local Verizon store (San Luis Obispo, CA), but I was informed that they would not sell me a phone w/o a new 2yr contract. Since I have a grandfathered unlimited data account I wanted to buy the phone at full retail price. Boo!

I was able to get this at my local Verizon store in DC for retail price and keep my unlimited data. The guy just had to use "Upgrade: No Discount" in the sales interface. Then we chose "Keep existing plan" and all was good. Maybe he was more willing since I bought a set of screen protectors and the wireless charging plate, too?
    05-16-2013 07:24 PM
    I was the first one to buy the 928 at this location. It took a few minutes to get the order figured out so I could keep unlimited data - I made him check with a couple others, and then the manager... Anyway, when we were ringing up the phone, another guy came in saying he called yesterday about the 928. 2 of them sold within 1 hour of the store open!

Loving the phone. Upgraded from an iPhone 4. Can't get over how much better the screen is, and how much FASTER it is! (Data and the phone in general) I pulled 24 mb/s on the 5th floor at my office today...

Has anyone had luck with the $25 app credit? I went to Window Phone App Redemption and was told that my IMEI was invalid... Hopefully they call me back tomorrow and get it straightened out.
    05-16-2013 07:29 PM
    I just tried mine and got the same message. I read about the $25 credit but the Verizon sales staff never mentioned anything. Couldn't find anything on their site about it either.
    05-16-2013 07:45 PM
    I was able to get this at my local Verizon store in DC for retail price and keep my unlimited data. The guy just had to use "Upgrade: No Discount" in the sales interface. Then we chose "Keep existing plan" and all was good. Maybe he was more willing since I bought a set of screen protectors and the wireless charging plate, too?
    wait what? How much did u pay? Or did u do a device payment plan?

I called Verizon and they called my local store they said for the payment plan as long as ur phone hasn't been disconnected in the past 6 months u can get it and u can have the first months payment for the payment plan billed to your account and it would roughly be $45 a month extra on ur bill.

So i may end up doing it this way at the end of the month my store was sold out
    05-16-2013 08:01 PM
    It was a Verizon employee who gave me the web address. She came out from the supply room and handed me a piece of paper:
    • Customers can redeem the credit at Window Phone App Redemption between 5/16/13 and 7/7/13
    • Credit only available for the Windows Phone Store.
    • The $25 credit can be used between 5/16/13 and 9/29/13. Any credit left unused after 9/29/13 will be invalid.

Hopefully it's fixed soon - it could be that the sold phones need to be added to the database?
    05-16-2013 08:02 PM
    wait what? How much did u pay? Or did u do a device payment plan?

I called Verizon and they called my local store they said for the payment plan as long as ur phone hasn't been disconnected in the past 6 months u can get it and u can have the first months payment for the payment plan billed to your account and it would roughly be $45 a month extra on ur bill.

So i may end up doing it this way at the end of the month my store was sold out
    It was $499, then the wireless charger and screen protectors put today's bill at $594 after tax. They gave me the option of Cash, Credit, or putting the charge on my next month's bill.

I didn't ask about the device payment plan.
    05-16-2013 08:07 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon. They're not sure why it's not accepting the IMEI but they credited my Verizon bill $25. Once it is fixed, he said I would get that $25 credit for the Marketplace also :-) They are looking into the issue and said it should be fixed in the next day or two.
    BCS2k likes this.
    05-16-2013 08:09 PM
    I just tried mine and got the same message. I read about the $25 credit but the Verizon sales staff never mentioned anything. Couldn't find anything on their site about it either.
    You don't need anything but your personal info, the IMEI from the phone, and the zip code of the store you bought it at. Go to Window Phone App Redemption

I just got off the phone with Verizon. They're not sure why it's not accepting the IMEI but they credited my Verizon bill $25. Once it is fixed, he said I would get that $25 credit for the Marketplace also :-) They are looking into the issue and said it should be fixed in the next day or two.
    Sweetness!
    05-16-2013 09:21 PM
    I was the first person in the store when it opened. As usual the CSR had no idea about this phone. She went to the back and found it. Then she proceeded to tell me it would be $150 I said that would't do but she wouldn't lower the price to $99. I told her to hold on a few minutes placed the order through Verizon online and choose the pick up in store open. BINGO 105.** after tax. I had to use add a line because it was cheaper than the device payment plan. especially since my other line falls off in a couple months.

I was on my street bike or else I would have picked up a few accessories but I will have to go back Friday for those. Kinda want the wireless charger. At the very least some sort of cover for it.
    05-16-2013 09:57 PM
    Hi all! New here and yes I am getting the 928 tomorrow! White one! This will be my third WP device, this one being the first WP8 device! I am excited! :D
    05-16-2013 10:37 PM
    I still haven't been able to register my IMEI number for the $25 store credit. I filled out a web form stating the problem, but maybe i'll give them a call tomorrow too.
    05-16-2013 11:56 PM
    First time poster here. From the Droid Eris to the Droid X to the Bionic to the Rezound, Nexus and finally, the Samsung Galaxy S3. Until yesterday when I said "My name is Brad Miller, I am giving up my Galaxy S3 and THIS is my Windows Phone"!

http://sdrv.ms/14bqWOL

Got the white one late yesterday after work, still finding my way around (This is my 1st win phone since the Motorola Q), but so far, so awesome. :)
    05-17-2013 07:28 AM
    My Verizon seems to have it, and the price is not outrageous. I am in love with my HTC 8X, but I'd like to see what Nokia is like, and the 928 looks like a great phone. I'm stopping there after work today to check it out.
    05-17-2013 07:55 AM
    Hello, never have had a windows device before...though this phone intrigues my wife and I to switch from Sprint/Android. Does anyone know where I can pick up a black 928? I went to the verizon store yesterday and the guy wasn't very helpful, just told me they were sold out within a 500 mile radius and he had no idea when they would get some in, could be weeks/month. Would Radio Shack have them in stock? -I'll call later, but wondering if anyone has had any luck obtaining a black or have any suggestions. Also - if I purchase online through Newegg or Radioshack, i'm sure I can't do the 12 month device payment plan or apply my company discount right?
    -On a hunt in Colorado
    05-17-2013 09:55 AM
220 ... 45678 ...