08-25-2013 01:03 AM
220 ... 56789
tools
    First time poster here. From the Droid Eris to the Droid X to the Bionic to the Rezound, Nexus and finally, the Samsung Galaxy S3. Until yesterday when I said "My name is Brad Miller, I am giving up my Galaxy S3 and THIS is my Windows Phone"!

http://sdrv.ms/14bqWOL

Got the white one late yesterday after work, still finding my way around (This is my 1st win phone since the Motorola Q), but so far, so awesome. :)
    Go forth and preach the good word Brother!
    Brad Miller2 and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-17-2013 10:33 AM
    Hello, never have had a windows device before...though this phone intrigues my wife and I to switch from Sprint/Android. Does anyone know where I can pick up a black 928? I went to the verizon store yesterday and the guy wasn't very helpful, just told me they were sold out within a 500 mile radius and he had no idea when they would get some in, could be weeks/month. Would Radio Shack have them in stock? -I'll call later, but wondering if anyone has had any luck obtaining a black or have any suggestions. Also - if I purchase online through Newegg or Radioshack, i'm sure I can't do the 12 month device payment plan or apply my company discount right?
    -On a hunt in Colorado
    Good luck! I believe the black ones will arrive on the 20th, at least that's what I've read here. As for the payment plan, I believe that's an in store deal only.
    05-17-2013 10:35 AM
    Went the Verizon store - white ONLY, but want BLACK ... they ordered it for me - I went full $500 price to keep my unlimited data + new stuff is now coming every 6 months = NO CONTRACT!

WHY is the black delayed until May 20th - did the cargo plane get lost?

The lack of ONLY white will sure hurt the "first weekend sales numbers" that the analysts will jump on come Monday morning!
    05-17-2013 05:22 PM
    Went the Verizon store - white ONLY, but want BLACK ... they ordered it for me - I went full $500 price to keep my unlimited data + new stuff is now coming every 6 months = NO CONTRACT!

WHY is the black delayed until May 20th - did the cargo plane get lost?

The lack of ONLY white will sure hurt the "first weekend sales numbers" that the analysts will jump on come Monday morning!
    I'm going to check out the black when it hits the store. If I like it ima drive back to my nearest (hour and half) Microsoft store and change this one in for that!
    05-17-2013 05:32 PM
    Good luck! I believe the black ones will arrive on the 20th, at least that's what I've read here. As for the payment plan, I believe that's an in store deal only.
    Yes, that is correct. I got my white 928 yesterday through the device payment plan just so I could keep my unlimited data. Very fast to find out if you qualify and easy to setup. This is my first WP and so far, I like it. Definitely a nice experience compared to the S3 I just changed from. We'll see how it goes....

Sent from my retired SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    05-17-2013 05:42 PM
    My roomie got the Lumia 928 today. I've been checking it out.

I'm trying to get my boyfriend to take his new Droid razor back and get a Lumia lol
    Cellus13 likes this.
    05-17-2013 06:09 PM
    First time poster here. From the Droid Eris to the Droid X to the Bionic to the Rezound, Nexus and finally, the Samsung Galaxy S3. Until yesterday when I said "My name is Brad Miller, I am giving up my Galaxy S3 and THIS is my Windows Phone"!

http://sdrv.ms/14bqWOL

Got the white one late yesterday after work, still finding my way around (This is my 1st win phone since the Motorola Q), but so far, so awesome. :)
    Do yourself a favor and get the Facebook Beta
    05-18-2013 08:28 AM
    I ordered a black 928 at a Verizon store at 10:30 am on May 16th and my order status originally said "Ship BY may 20th" - is now showing, Ship ON May 20th. The Verizon store manager "tried to order direct" and he said NO INVENTORY!

Several friends wanted a black model and said that the Verizon website was showing the Black as "This item is temporarily out of stock" - I just checked Sat am and same thing.

This sure will hurt Nokia's weekend sell-thru numbers that the analysts will report on Monday and one again try to paint the picture that Windows Phone IS DOA!

I have over a dozen friends and clients that would buy the black model today - anyone know any details of the black model problem?
    05-18-2013 11:00 AM
    I ordered a black 928 at a Verizon store at 10:30 am on May 16th and my order status originally said "Ship BY may 20th" - is now showing, Ship ON May 20th. The Verizon store manager "tried to order direct" and he said NO INVENTORY!

Several friends wanted a black model and said that the Verizon website was showing the Black as "This item is temporarily out of stock" - I just checked Sat am and same thing.

This sure will hurt Nokia's weekend sell-thru numbers that the analysts will report on Monday and one again try to paint the picture that Windows Phone IS DOA!

I have over a dozen friends and clients that would buy the black model today - anyone know any details of the black model problem?
    Just got off a chat session with Verizon - they gave me a "back door" approach to "pre-order" the BLACK - SAYS SHIP BY May 20th - at least from the SF Bay Area, the main Verizon site link "shows OUT OF STOCK" and No Back Order.

She said they are "aware of the problem"

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-may-20th.html
    05-18-2013 02:04 PM
    Picked up white 928 at local Microsoft store. Phone was +- $12.00 after $64 for old trophy and $25 for bingiton challenge. So far so good!
    Last edited by gmcnatt; 05-19-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: sp
    05-18-2013 11:44 PM
    Hoping to get a Windows Phone soon. Was gonna go with the ativ odyssey, but now im interested in the 928. However, i know (from researching the 822 a little bit) that nokia has had some issues concerning phone bugs. Here's what i'm thinking so far.......ativ odyssey is $50 cheaper, has what i'm looking for most(good call quality and battery life). Lumia 928 seems to be nice, but it's too new so i dont know how the battery life or call quality is yet (i've heard similar remarks to the ativ, but not in as much abundance and sometimes not consistent). Any feedback on this? And please give some sort of explanation why i should go with one over the other.
    Last edited by 37Shorty29; 05-19-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    05-19-2013 01:35 PM
    I'm getting a little fidgety reading these reviews about this device. I planned on waiting for the first batch of devices to come and go. Now I'm waiting for the first sign of colors to show, but some of the images I have seen from the 928 make me want to use the new payment plan right now!
    05-19-2013 04:09 PM
    928 and 2 DNA's shipped today and be in my hand by this Thursday or Friday...booooooom!!!
    05-21-2013 05:04 PM
    Hoping to get a Windows Phone soon. Was gonna go with the ativ odyssey, but now im interested in the 928. However, i know (from researching the 822 a little bit) that nokia has had some issues concerning phone bugs. Here's what i'm thinking so far.......ativ odyssey is $50 cheaper, has what i'm looking for most(good call quality and battery life). Lumia 928 seems to be nice, but it's too new so i dont know how the battery life or call quality is yet (i've heard similar remarks to the ativ, but not in as much abundance and sometimes not consistent). Any feedback on this? And please give some sort of explanation why i should go with one over the other.
    Battery life - better than my 8x was
    Screen - amazing
    Camera - the best I have ever had
    Call quality has been good, speaker phone works better than my 8x

No problems, bugs or lockups for me in one week of use. I would spend the extra money and get it.
    37Shorty29 likes this.
    05-22-2013 06:35 AM
    got my matte black 928 yesterday afternoon. Nice build quality, really nice solid feel to it. Sweeeeet phone!
    05-23-2013 01:34 PM
    Trying to decide between the Galaxy S4 and this...
    05-23-2013 02:07 PM
    Likewise. Also the HTC One, but I'm giving up hope it'll come to VZW.

Only things holding me back really are the things people are mentioning in the "what it needs to succeed" thread. But I think I'm willing to accept the shortcomings for an overall better experience and to support the platform.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-23-2013 02:34 PM
    Likewise. Also the HTC One, but I'm giving up hope it'll come to VZW.

Only things holding me back really are the things people are mentioning in the "what it needs to succeed" thread. But I think I'm willing to accept the shortcomings for an overall better experience and to support the platform.

Yeah I'm giving up on the One as well. My upgrade isn't until June 7th so I havee some time, but I'm leaning more towards the S4, because I feel like it has more features, but I really like the 928. It's definitely not an easy choice.
    05-23-2013 04:28 PM
    Yeah I'm giving up on the One as well. My upgrade isn't until June 7th so I havee some time, but I'm leaning more towards the S4, because I feel like it has more features, but I really like the 928. It's definitely not an easy choice.
    I'm June 30, so same boat. The 'number of features' is actually a big turnoff for me w/ the S4. I've been on android for 3 years and I'm sick of tinkering just to get things to work at all and I'm interested in a phone that just works damn well. I don't doubt that the S4 does, but the number of features touted by Samsung makes it less appealing to me.

05-23-2013 04:33 PM
    I really wanted this phone, and wanted to love it. But just too many reported issues and problems, as well as missing features and buggy behavior (latest is the camera going green). Went with the S4, and so far, am very pleased with it. However, keep in mind that the S4 currently only has 16GB, versus the 32GB in the 928. You can add a microSD card (which I have - a 64GB card) to the S4, but of course, it's an extra expense over the 928 (which doesn't have a microSD slot).

In spite of my misgivings, I still kind of want a 928. Go figure. :-)
    Last edited by GolferChris68; 05-24-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    05-24-2013 08:17 AM
    I'm my experience the Nokia Lumia lines always had a few minor bugs at launch. My 900 and 920 included. I had to get a swap for both hardware and Nokia always provided prompt software patches.

I still have not regretted sticking with these phones.

My Samsung focus was beautiful. I lived that phone, but Samsung and everyone else other that Nokia do not really support their WP phones after they are released.
    nufan947 likes this.
    05-24-2013 08:41 AM
    Just received my black 928. Still getting it all setup, but I am loving it...
    Rick2340 likes this.
    05-24-2013 02:23 PM
    Got my white one, now I gotta sell my white 920 through ATT. Anybody looking for a white 920 with att?
    05-25-2013 07:19 PM
    Got my white one, now I gotta sell my white 920 through ATT. Anybody looking for a white 920 with att?
    Post it in the Marketplace forum. Someone out on ATT should be interested.
    05-25-2013 07:39 PM
    Post it in the Marketplace forum. Someone out on ATT should be interested.
    I'm not up to my "50" posts as per the website. Its always like that though.
    05-25-2013 10:27 PM
220 ... 56789