NOKIA LUMIA 928: Anybody have it yet or planning to purchase!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Catwalk will not be announced for Verizon. If I am wrong I will follow hopmedic's lead and force myself to eat a ribeye!

Yeah I feel the same way... but just in case there isn't another Lumia phone for Verizon. If 928 is the only one, I'll get it hands down!

I've been a big Nokia fan but haven't owned one since...

127827-nokia-6030.jpg
lol

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Catwalk will not be announced for Verizon. If I am wrong I will follow hopmedic's lead and force myself to eat a ribeye!
Just so y'all know, I did force myself to eat that ribeye on Saturday. It was torture, but I did my pennance for being wrong.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My venerable Trophy is on its last legs. The micro-USB port no longer works. Battery only lasts about 3 hours. I am GETTING THIS PHONE ON THURSDAY!

I'll be getting the black one and will look to personalize it with cases. I would prefer no case and straight red, but I can't wait any more. I ALMOST bought an iPhone5 while I was waiting, but was able to keep the faith long enough.

Thursday can't come fast enough!!!

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My venerable Trophy is on its last legs. The micro-USB port no longer works. Battery only lasts about 3 hours. I am GETTING THIS PHONE ON THURSDAY!

I'll be getting the black one and will look to personalize it with cases. I would prefer no case and straight red, but I can't wait any more. I ALMOST bought an iPhone5 while I was waiting, but was able to keep the faith long enough.

Thursday can't come fast enough!!!

I thought my Trophy had problems, I would go crazy if my phone was like that.

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about leaving Sprint to get the L928. It's gonna cost me more every month to be on Verizon, but with no release date for a WP8 device on Sprint and no Lumia's coming anyways, I am sorely tempted.

I don't want to lose the unlimited data on Sprint, but since I can barely pull down data on their slooooowwwww network anyways.....

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about leaving Sprint to get the L928. It's gonna cost me more every month to be on Verizon, but with no release date for a WP8 device on Sprint and no Lumia's coming anyways, I am sorely tempted.

I don't want to lose the unlimited data on Sprint, but since I can barely pull down data on their slooooowwwww network anyways.....

I'm switching to verizon from sprint with no hesitation. The 2GB shared plan (2lines) is actually a little cheaper then what im paying for 2 lines of unlimited on sprint. In the 4 years i've been with sprint ive never gone over .75 GB combined on both my lines. Unlimited has a nice ring to it, but realistically I'll never use enough data to make it worth it. If sprint announces they are getting the HTC One but with windows phone before Thursday is the only way i would stay with sprint.

Is it the 16th yet?

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just sent the purchase order to my CFO for approval. My iBore 4, which was a hand-me-down from the previous IT Manager, was up for renewal last month. I've been waiting for this phone forever. I almost switched to AT&T (but the company pays the bill so I would have had to eat the phone bill), almost bit for the 822 and almost switched to a Note.

For a while the company wanted a Windows Phone to test our SharePoint environment with and I selflessly *ahem* volunteered to be the guinea pig. :) Too bad Verizon doesn't have the damn thing on their website for purchase yet. Well, maybe tomorrow!

elpedrogrande

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I am buying one, Day one. My trophy died last Fall, and the Droid that I had been using in the mean time (Gen 1 Moto Droid! *ouch) just died over the weekend. So I am phoneless until this thing comes. Anyone know when we will be able to order? Is it 12:01 AM on Thursday?

Also, I will be losing my unlimited plan to do so. When you select a data plan, is the GB value the total allotment between all lines, or is that Per line? (My wife's iPhone blasts through almost 6GB of data a month alone)

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am buying one, Day one. My trophy died last Fall, and the Droid that I had been using in the mean time (Gen 1 Moto Droid! *ouch) just died over the weekend. So I am phoneless until this thing comes. Anyone know when we will be able to order? Is it 12:01 AM on Thursday?

Also, I will be losing my unlimited plan to do so. When you select a data plan, is the GB value the total allotment between all lines, or is that Per line? (My wife's iPhone blasts through almost 6GB of data a month alone)
It is all lines (IE 4GB shared between all devices not 4GB each device). If you click the bullet on the left side when searching for your phone that says "month to month" u shouldn't lose your unlimited.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who feels like his 822 feels really old now that 928 has been announced? I can't wait until Thursday!

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching to verizon from sprint with no hesitation. The 2GB shared plan (2lines) is actually a little cheaper then what im paying for 2 lines of unlimited on sprint. In the 4 years i've been with sprint ive never gone over .75 GB combined on both my lines. Unlimited has a nice ring to it, but realistically I'll never use enough data to make it worth it. If sprint announces they are getting the HTC One but with windows phone before Thursday is the only way i would stay with sprint.

Is it the 16th yet?

The HTC Tiara that Sprint is supposed to be getting is not worth it. The Ativ S might be worth staying on Sprint, but the L928 is still much better and Nokia is doing so many things to make their phones worth it while Samsung doesn't really care. Plus, knowing Sprint the Ativ S will be $150 to $200 on a two year contract for a phone that was announce 6 or 7 months ago.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My Trophy is actually in the best shape of any phone I've had at the end of the contract, but I'm starting to get annoyed with it. It's gotten slow (likely due to all the messages in it), making me a bit loathe to go into the texting menus. Worse, it drives me insane when I hit Back and it takes me from texting person A to the Texts menu, then I hit Back again and it puts me back into texting Person A. I cannot fathom why it allows redundancy in its "cards," or whatever term it uses for multitasking, and if WP8 does that I may just drop for something that does proper multitasking and lets me quit tasks when I want instead of getting dragged back through them when I hit Back.

Anyway, rant aside, the thing is holding up, just no longer a joy to use. I'm tempted to wait until colors hit for this device, which I'd guess would be 2-3 months. Can't decide if I should do that or just buy a white on Thursday. Guess it depends, in part, on what we learn tomorrow. At this point I have no qualms ditching Verizon.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've already got a DT-900 charging plate sitting on my desk awaiting the new 928 that will mate with it. :wink: I didn't bother getting the charging cover for the 822 because I knew I was going to be upgrading.
desk-charger.jpg

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
ProTip: Take a router to the underside of that shelf and mount the charger in the pocket. Same function but 100x more cool factor :)

Oh, trust me - I've considered that, but it'll have to wait until I'm done with my porch at home, and a few other projects, before I have the time to drag out the router. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12