NOKIA LUMIA 928: Anybody have it yet or planning to purchase!

Wilson44

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i thought all microsoft employees were supposed to get L920? you werent there yet that time? =)

Actually, we got reimbursed for whatever we wanted that was available at the time. Some picked 920, others 8X, 820, etc.

If he just started, then yeah he's past that cutoff...welcome aboard though!

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Played with a 928 at the store today. Feels great in the hand - white looks better in person than photos, that's gonna be a tough call. Feels solid as anything, like a piece of lacquered glass. Very nice high build quality. Screen is typical nice AMOLED, everything seemed quite nice. ISO controls are very appreciated and indoor no-flash shots at ISO100 in the store seemed pretty clean and relatively noise-free. Video was superb. Gonna pick one up manana, just gotta choose a color.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to get my 928 from the Microsoft store. One is being held for me, so I'll be there 10am tomorrow. The Microsoft store where I am has a deal going on. If you trade a cell phone when you purchase the 928, they apply the amount your phone is worth to the new phone purchase. I'm gettting sixty-something for my Trophy...plus a fifty dollar trade in bonus. If the Microsoft store goes with the pricing of Verizon, that means I'll have at least $110 toward the $150 phone (two year contract). I do have a $50 Microsoft store gift card too.
keep us posted on the retail price at the Microsoft store ill have to c if we have a Microsoft store somewhere in Chicago if they give u $110 I might try that too of course full retail price...but why are u saying $150? the phone is $99 on a 2 year contract

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone super excited to grab a 928 but is coming up a little short on cash? Lol ( raises hand )

same boat as u lol I have a upgrade but I don't want to lose my unlimited data, im also thinking wait til the end of the month for more colors....have no idea what im going to do yet I might order one off ebay

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
keep us posted on the retail price at the Microsoft store ill have to c if we have a Microsoft store somewhere in Chicago if they give u $110 I might try that too of course full retail price...but why are u saying $150? the phone is $99 on a 2 year contract

$99 on 2 year contract is AFTER a $50 mail in rebate. It's going to cost you $150 to walk out with a phone, plus the $30 upgrade fee (I think that can go on the bill, though).

Xplode22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've ordered mine online for $99 and it is now ready to be picked up at the Verizon store down the road. I will get it at lunch! My daughter is thrilled since she gets my HTC 8X and it's her first phone.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I assume everyone is too busy to write a review. :) Congrats to those who got one.

I went into my local VZ store and the 928 had a promenient display by the door along side the 8X and ATIV Odyssey. No black 928s in the store, only the white and I asked about the $25 credit and no-commit pricing. The lady seemed knowledgeable about WP8 and there was only another customer there who seem to frequent these forums. :)

shiner980

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I assume everyone is too busy to write a review. :) Congrats to those who got one.

I went into my local VZ store and the 928 had a promenient display by the door along side the 8X and ATIV Odyssey. No black 928s in the store, only the white and I asked about the $25 credit and no-commit pricing. The lady seemed knowledgeable about WP8 and there was only another customer there who seem to frequent these forums. :)

Hmm...Bryant Park store by any chance?

riquejohnson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE!!!
How do you get a brand new 928 with no out of pocket expense with a new two year contract. This is how.
I just picked up mine from a Microsoft Store. They have the trade in your old phone program. I traded my Trophy and got $64 dollars for it. The trade you old phone program also comes an additional $50 bonus. So, the $99 dollar phone, minus the $64, minues the $50....gave me a gift card at the Microsoft store for $10.77.
The white 929 is much better in person.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Played with a 928 at the store today. Feels great in the hand - white looks better in person than photos, that's gonna be a tough call. Feels solid as anything, like a piece of lacquered glass. Very nice high build quality. Screen is typical nice AMOLED, everything seemed quite nice. ISO controls are very appreciated and indoor no-flash shots at ISO100 in the store seemed pretty clean and relatively noise-free. Video was superb. Gonna pick one up manana, just gotta choose a color.

Dude, I completely agree with you, the white looks SOOO much better in person! I was pretty much 100% going to get the black until the Microsoft store lady pulled out a white 928 from her pocked to let me play with. I immediately fell in love and made up my mind on the spot. I am going to have it in a couple hours.

I would go white bro!

Brandon Riesenbeck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got done playing with a white one at the Verizon store. It's the most beautiful device I've ever seen. It really is something else.

Going to pick mine up in a few hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99