NOKIA LUMIA 928: Anybody have it yet or planning to purchase!

merplerps

May 17, 2013
Visit site
It was a Verizon employee who gave me the web address. She came out from the supply room and handed me a piece of paper:
  • Customers can redeem the credit at Window Phone App Redemption between 5/16/13 and 7/7/13
  • Credit only available for the Windows Phone Store.
  • The $25 credit can be used between 5/16/13 and 9/29/13. Any credit left unused after 9/29/13 will be invalid.

Hopefully it's fixed soon - it could be that the sold phones need to be added to the database?

merplerps

May 17, 2013
Visit site
wait what? How much did u pay? Or did u do a device payment plan?

I called Verizon and they called my local store they said for the payment plan as long as ur phone hasn't been disconnected in the past 6 months u can get it and u can have the first months payment for the payment plan billed to your account and it would roughly be $45 a month extra on ur bill.

So i may end up doing it this way at the end of the month my store was sold out

It was $499, then the wireless charger and screen protectors put today's bill at $594 after tax. They gave me the option of Cash, Credit, or putting the charge on my next month's bill.

I didn't ask about the device payment plan.

Diana Lambert

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Verizon. They're not sure why it's not accepting the IMEI but they credited my Verizon bill $25. Once it is fixed, he said I would get that $25 credit for the Marketplace also :) They are looking into the issue and said it should be fixed in the next day or two.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just tried mine and got the same message. I read about the $25 credit but the Verizon sales staff never mentioned anything. Couldn't find anything on their site about it either.
You don't need anything but your personal info, the IMEI from the phone, and the zip code of the store you bought it at. Go to Window Phone App Redemption

I just got off the phone with Verizon. They're not sure why it's not accepting the IMEI but they credited my Verizon bill $25. Once it is fixed, he said I would get that $25 credit for the Marketplace also :) They are looking into the issue and said it should be fixed in the next day or two.
Sweetness!

carajean

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I was the first person in the store when it opened. As usual the CSR had no idea about this phone. She went to the back and found it. Then she proceeded to tell me it would be $150 I said that would't do but she wouldn't lower the price to $99. I told her to hold on a few minutes placed the order through Verizon online and choose the pick up in store open. BINGO 105.** after tax. I had to use add a line because it was cheaper than the device payment plan. especially since my other line falls off in a couple months.

I was on my street bike or else I would have picked up a few accessories but I will have to go back Friday for those. Kinda want the wireless charger. At the very least some sort of cover for it.

zerotheloner

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! New here and yes I am getting the 928 tomorrow! White one! This will be my third WP device, this one being the first WP8 device! I am excited! :D

BCS2k

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I still haven't been able to register my IMEI number for the $25 store credit. I filled out a web form stating the problem, but maybe i'll give them a call tomorrow too.

Brad Miller2

May 17, 2013
Visit site
First time poster here. From the Droid Eris to the Droid X to the Bionic to the Rezound, Nexus and finally, the Samsung Galaxy S3. Until yesterday when I said "My name is Brad Miller, I am giving up my Galaxy S3 and THIS is my Windows Phone"!

http://sdrv.ms/14bqWOL

Got the white one late yesterday after work, still finding my way around (This is my 1st win phone since the Motorola Q), but so far, so awesome. :)

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon seems to have it, and the price is not outrageous. I am in love with my HTC 8X, but I'd like to see what Nokia is like, and the 928 looks like a great phone. I'm stopping there after work today to check it out.

Daniel Sanchez3

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, never have had a windows device before...though this phone intrigues my wife and I to switch from Sprint/Android. Does anyone know where I can pick up a black 928? I went to the verizon store yesterday and the guy wasn't very helpful, just told me they were sold out within a 500 mile radius and he had no idea when they would get some in, could be weeks/month. Would Radio Shack have them in stock? -I'll call later, but wondering if anyone has had any luck obtaining a black or have any suggestions. Also - if I purchase online through Newegg or Radioshack, i'm sure I can't do the 12 month device payment plan or apply my company discount right?
-On a hunt in Colorado

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
First time poster here. From the Droid Eris to the Droid X to the Bionic to the Rezound, Nexus and finally, the Samsung Galaxy S3. Until yesterday when I said "My name is Brad Miller, I am giving up my Galaxy S3 and THIS is my Windows Phone"!

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Got the white one late yesterday after work, still finding my way around (This is my 1st win phone since the Motorola Q), but so far, so awesome. :)

Go forth and preach the good word Brother!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello, never have had a windows device before...though this phone intrigues my wife and I to switch from Sprint/Android. Does anyone know where I can pick up a black 928? I went to the verizon store yesterday and the guy wasn't very helpful, just told me they were sold out within a 500 mile radius and he had no idea when they would get some in, could be weeks/month. Would Radio Shack have them in stock? -I'll call later, but wondering if anyone has had any luck obtaining a black or have any suggestions. Also - if I purchase online through Newegg or Radioshack, i'm sure I can't do the 12 month device payment plan or apply my company discount right?
-On a hunt in Colorado

Good luck! I believe the black ones will arrive on the 20th, at least that's what I've read here. As for the payment plan, I believe that's an in store deal only.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Went the Verizon store - white ONLY, but want BLACK ... they ordered it for me - I went full $500 price to keep my unlimited data + new stuff is now coming every 6 months = NO CONTRACT!

WHY is the black delayed until May 20th - did the cargo plane get lost?

The lack of ONLY white will sure hurt the "first weekend sales numbers" that the analysts will jump on come Monday morning!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Went the Verizon store - white ONLY, but want BLACK ... they ordered it for me - I went full $500 price to keep my unlimited data + new stuff is now coming every 6 months = NO CONTRACT!

WHY is the black delayed until May 20th - did the cargo plane get lost?

The lack of ONLY white will sure hurt the "first weekend sales numbers" that the analysts will jump on come Monday morning!

I'm going to check out the black when it hits the store. If I like it ima drive back to my nearest (hour and half) Microsoft store and change this one in for that!

wesporma

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Good luck! I believe the black ones will arrive on the 20th, at least that's what I've read here. As for the payment plan, I believe that's an in store deal only.

Yes, that is correct. I got my white 928 yesterday through the device payment plan just so I could keep my unlimited data. Very fast to find out if you qualify and easy to setup. This is my first WP and so far, I like it. Definitely a nice experience compared to the S3 I just changed from. We'll see how it goes....

Sent from my retired SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

http://sdrv.ms/14bqWOL

Do yourself a favor and get the Facebook Beta

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a black 928 at a Verizon store at 10:30 am on May 16th and my order status originally said "Ship BY may 20th" - is now showing, Ship ON May 20th. The Verizon store manager "tried to order direct" and he said NO INVENTORY!

Several friends wanted a black model and said that the Verizon website was showing the Black as "This item is temporarily out of stock" - I just checked Sat am and same thing.

This sure will hurt Nokia's weekend sell-thru numbers that the analysts will report on Monday and one again try to paint the picture that Windows Phone IS DOA!

I have over a dozen friends and clients that would buy the black model today - anyone know any details of the black model problem?

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a black 928 at a Verizon store at 10:30 am on May 16th and my order status originally said "Ship BY may 20th" - is now showing, Ship ON May 20th. The Verizon store manager "tried to order direct" and he said NO INVENTORY!

Several friends wanted a black model and said that the Verizon website was showing the Black as "This item is temporarily out of stock" - I just checked Sat am and same thing.

This sure will hurt Nokia's weekend sell-thru numbers that the analysts will report on Monday and one again try to paint the picture that Windows Phone IS DOA!

I have over a dozen friends and clients that would buy the black model today - anyone know any details of the black model problem?

Just got off a chat session with Verizon - they gave me a "back door" approach to "pre-order" the BLACK - SAYS SHIP BY May 20th - at least from the SF Bay Area, the main Verizon site link "shows OUT OF STOCK" and No Back Order.

She said they are "aware of the problem"

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-928/227182-black-lumia-928-back-door-link-pre-order-verizon-chat-shows-ship-may-20th.html

gmcnatt

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Picked up white 928 at local Microsoft store. Phone was +- $12.00 after $64 for old trophy and $25 for bingiton challenge. So far so good!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo