NOKIA LUMIA 928: Anybody have it yet or planning to purchase!

37Shorty29

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hoping to get a Windows Phone soon. Was gonna go with the ativ odyssey, but now im interested in the 928. However, i know (from researching the 822 a little bit) that nokia has had some issues concerning phone bugs. Here's what i'm thinking so far.......ativ odyssey is $50 cheaper, has what i'm looking for most(good call quality and battery life). Lumia 928 seems to be nice, but it's too new so i dont know how the battery life or call quality is yet (i've heard similar remarks to the ativ, but not in as much abundance and sometimes not consistent). Any feedback on this? And please give some sort of explanation why i should go with one over the other.

Last edited:

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a little fidgety reading these reviews about this device. I planned on waiting for the first batch of devices to come and go. Now I'm waiting for the first sign of colors to show, but some of the images I have seen from the 928 make me want to use the new payment plan right now!

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hoping to get a Windows Phone soon. Was gonna go with the ativ odyssey, but now im interested in the 928. However, i know (from researching the 822 a little bit) that nokia has had some issues concerning phone bugs. Here's what i'm thinking so far.......ativ odyssey is $50 cheaper, has what i'm looking for most(good call quality and battery life). Lumia 928 seems to be nice, but it's too new so i dont know how the battery life or call quality is yet (i've heard similar remarks to the ativ, but not in as much abundance and sometimes not consistent). Any feedback on this? And please give some sort of explanation why i should go with one over the other.

Battery life - better than my 8x was
Screen - amazing
Camera - the best I have ever had
Call quality has been good, speaker phone works better than my 8x

No problems, bugs or lockups for me in one week of use. I would spend the extra money and get it.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Trying to decide between the Galaxy S4 and this...

Likewise. Also the HTC One, but I'm giving up hope it'll come to VZW.

Only things holding me back really are the things people are mentioning in the "what it needs to succeed" thread. But I think I'm willing to accept the shortcomings for an overall better experience and to support the platform.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rosser

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Likewise. Also the HTC One, but I'm giving up hope it'll come to VZW.

Only things holding me back really are the things people are mentioning in the "what it needs to succeed" thread. But I think I'm willing to accept the shortcomings for an overall better experience and to support the platform.

Yeah I'm giving up on the One as well. My upgrade isn't until June 7th so I havee some time, but I'm leaning more towards the S4, because I feel like it has more features, but I really like the 928. It's definitely not an easy choice.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm giving up on the One as well. My upgrade isn't until June 7th so I havee some time, but I'm leaning more towards the S4, because I feel like it has more features, but I really like the 928. It's definitely not an easy choice.

I'm June 30, so same boat. The 'number of features' is actually a big turnoff for me w/ the S4. I've been on android for 3 years and I'm sick of tinkering just to get things to work at all and I'm interested in a phone that just works damn well. I don't doubt that the S4 does, but the number of features touted by Samsung makes it less appealing to me.

GolferChris68

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Trying to decide between the Galaxy S4 and this...

I really wanted this phone, and wanted to love it. But just too many reported issues and problems, as well as missing features and buggy behavior (latest is the camera going green). Went with the S4, and so far, am very pleased with it. However, keep in mind that the S4 currently only has 16GB, versus the 32GB in the 928. You can add a microSD card (which I have - a 64GB card) to the S4, but of course, it's an extra expense over the 928 (which doesn't have a microSD slot).

In spite of my misgivings, I still kind of want a 928. Go figure. :)

Last edited:

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm my experience the Nokia Lumia lines always had a few minor bugs at launch. My 900 and 920 included. I had to get a swap for both hardware and Nokia always provided prompt software patches.

I still have not regretted sticking with these phones.

My Samsung focus was beautiful. I lived that phone, but Samsung and everyone else other that Nokia do not really support their WP phones after they are released.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Got my black 928 last Wed, May 22 - had it all set up by Thursday, May 23 ... and showed it to my wife - an avid iPhone user (because all of her friends are iPhone users) ...

By Thursday afternoon ... my wife SAID ... I WANT to dump my iPhone and switch to the Lumia 928 ... her reasons:

1) Awesome low light images
2) Live tiles
3) People hub and connection to FB, Twitter, etc.
4) Office INTEGRATION for her work!
5) MUCH larger screen and higher resolution
6) She had a 3G iPhone 4S ... and the 928 was 4G = in Silicon Valley my 928 is getting 12 to 16 DL + 5 to 6 UL .... her iPhone 4S SUCKS as far as Verizon 3G speed!
7) COST ... she looked at the iPhone 5 but didn't make the switch due to cost as we are on grandfathered plans and HAD to purchase full price which is $649 + tax for the iPhone 5.
8) I bought mine full price at Verizon for $499.99 + tax ... I told her that we could buy on a 12 month ":installment plan" @ $41.38 + $2 service fee per month - pay off early anytime.

The last Bullet was the clincher ... so, her 4S is on Craigslist for $250 to $350 ... and, when sold, she can decide what to do.

RESULT: I am DELIGHTED as she + plus her iPhone friends WOULD CONSTANTLY ask me, the hi-tech guy, about how-to do this or that ... and I had to spend time figuring that out.

Her black model will be in Tuesday - due to the holiday weekend + Verizon screwed up (the phone arrived ON FRIDAY and is sitting in the local FedEx office waiting to be delivered on Tuesday).

Bruce Bradshaw

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the 928 on Monday morning while at the Verizon store. Received it 10am on Wednesday and had zero issues getting it setup and since then it has been working perfectly. The real experience is that I also have a Surface Pro tablet which I purchased in March and on Thursday I received a Lenovo Thinkpad T431s with Windows 8 Pro.........So needless to say, all I have been doing is getting these devices setup and synchronized. I could not be any happier with the 928 and this is my first Windows Phone after spending the past 5-6 years with Blackberry Qwerty phones. I was for sure going to get a Blackberry Q10, but with the delays and what I have learned about Microsoft's Eco-System and Office 365, I went with the Nokia 928 and without any question, it was the right decision. This 928 is incredible. I now have one operating system to use for work and personal use. I spent over 2 months getting my 20 year old POP3 personal email account contacts/hotel/airline etc changed over to Outlook and when I made the change on Wednesday, everything linked together. The Microsoft Store is so easy to use, I keep thinking that I am missing something. When our IT Manager gets back from vacation next week, he will get our Office 365 Enterprise E3 set up and the company emails will flow into the Outlook program in Office 365. The 928 is sweet, smooth, snappy, easy to understand when you get used to Windows 8. I am now a huge Nokia fan!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the 928 on Monday morning while at the Verizon store. Received it 10am on Wednesday and had zero issues getting it setup and since then it has been working perfectly. The real experience is that I also have a Surface Pro tablet which I purchased in March and on Thursday I received a Lenovo Thinkpad T431s with Windows 8 Pro.........So needless to say, all I have been doing is getting these devices setup and synchronized. I could not be any happier with the 928 and this is my first Windows Phone after spending the past 5-6 years with Blackberry Qwerty phones. I was for sure going to get a Blackberry Q10, but with the delays and what I have learned about Microsoft's Eco-System and Office 365, I went with the Nokia 928 and without any question, it was the right decision. This 928 is incredible. I now have one operating system to use for work and personal use. I spent over 2 months getting my 20 year old POP3 personal email account contacts/hotel/airline etc changed over to Outlook and when I made the change on Wednesday, everything linked together. The Microsoft Store is so easy to use, I keep thinking that I am missing something. When our IT Manager gets back from vacation next week, he will get our Office 365 Enterprise E3 set up and the company emails will flow into the Outlook program in Office 365. The 928 is sweet, smooth, snappy, easy to understand when you get used to Windows 8. I am now a huge Nokia fan!

Congratulations, let me echo your experience ... we are a long time Silicon Valley based Microsoft Office 365 Partner + consultant and avid users of Office 365.

Because Office 365 "includes" Exchange 2013 ... from the time I opened the 928 box to getting FULL SYNC FROM Exchange Office 365 to our new 928s - of all email + calendar + contacts + tasks - was less than 15 minutes!

Added Lync 2013 + Skype + Office 2013 hub sync + re-synced to our Microsoft account for all of the apps we had purchased for our Verizon Trophies.

Sorry for the cheap plug ... but, since Microsoft doesn't "advertise" Office 365 "properly" ... very few people even know how tightly WP8 integrates with Office 365 - especially Exchange!

Office 365 Enterprise E3

Last edited:

Brother777

May 27, 2013
Visit site
New to WP8, coming from the HP Pre2 the multitasking on it is outstanding and I was hoping the WP8 could duplicate or come close to that experience. It did not disappoint. The setup was easy and the linking of the contact info was not quite as simple as the Pre, but close enough.

Thanks Microsoft,
One Happy Customer

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
They told me I qualified over the phone for the device payment plan they even called my local store and everything to confirm but I went today and now they saying I don't qualify wtf.

I was ready to get it too I was actually contemplating getting rid of unlimited data and/or adding a line or going the ebay/amazon route.

I'm going to try a couple diff stores for the device payment plan this weekend the store I went to didn't sound like they knew what they were doin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb