NOKIA LUMIA 928: Anybody have it yet or planning to purchase!

tvuong2

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have but at this time I would not recommend it if you use it for business with voice mail integration. If you have a voice mail attachment in your business emails, it will not play wav files which are usually the format of voice mail attachments in your email.

Just that one reason would have prevented me from choosing it had I known. Unfortunately, I hope Microsoft listens since this is a Windows Phone 8 problem. For the life of me, I can not understand the mindset at Microsoft for leaving this feature out. Totally ridiculous and disconnected from the business world. I guess they want everybody to be on their Microsoft Lync.

At lease on iphones and Droids, there are solutions and apps that handles it but I have not found one here on Win 8 phone. Being new to it, I may have not found it yet. Of course Microsoft is no help in this matter at all. Used to be a Microsoft fan but lately, they are doing some really dumb things causing me to rethink any allegience I have with them.

shockjay

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Bruce - I was also a long-time BlackBerry user (Pearl, Storm1, Storm2, Torch 9850) before buying my first Windows phone two weeks ago today. A co-worker of mine has the 920 or 925 on AT&T and, after seeing it a few times, I put it on my list of possibilities along with the Galaxy S4 and the BlackBerry Z10. When it came out for $149 ($99 with $50 mail-in rebate which will be mailed this week) it sealed the deal as it was much better than the $199 price tag on the S4 and the Z10.

I'm not too worried about the lack of apps as I feel there are more than enough to suit my needs. I am very disappointed that Verizon no longer has the unlimited data in their plans, otherwise I would like my live tiles update all day long.

My only two gripes about the phone are minor:

1) No hard cases available yet - UGH!!!
2) Room for an SD card slot would have been nice.

hdebar

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Like the title suggest anyone purchase the L928 or considering too buy post in here.

If you have the device post feedback to help others that are considering the device.

Happy Posting!

I picked up a Lumia 928 about a week ago, sidelined my Galaxy Note 2 for it.
I'm loving the Windows 8 interface on mobile devices (I also have a Samsung ATIV 500 with Win8) but I hate Windows 8 on my laptop and desktop.
It's definitely made to be used on touch devices.

But back to the phone.
The Lumia 928 has a fantastic camera which as a professional photographer I appreciate.
While it may not have as many apps as Android or iPhone, the apps it does have are great, Office, Outlook, Skydrive, etc.
And most of the major app makers have stuff available here as well.
I really like the dedicated camera button, nice feature.
The only thing I don't like is the lack of Adobe Flash, but that more of an Adobe issue as they've stopped supporting mobile devices.

-CyberHank

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
New to WP8, coming from the HP Pre2 the multitasking on it is outstanding and I was hoping the WP8 could duplicate or come close to that experience. It did not disappoint. The setup was easy and the linking of the contact info was not quite as simple as the Pre, but close enough.

Thanks Microsoft,
One Happy Customer

Contact information is extremely easy to link (better than any other mobile OS IMO, assuming WP8 is similar to WP7) if you have your contacts' information loaded into your web-based e-mail account rather than your phone. When you load your e-mail accounts onto your phone, all of that contact information is automatically loaded. If you have a Hotmail/web-based Outlook account, you can edit contacts' information in Hotmail/Outlook and all that information will be right there.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
This past weekend I started actively looking for NIB Nokia Lumia 928 listings on eBay. (I have grandfathered unlimited data on one of my lines and want to have the option of dropping my second line when the contract for that line, ironically created when I bought my HTC Trophy, is completed near the end of this year.) There are currently slim pickings for the black Nokia Lumia 928. (I really don't like the look of the white-backed Lumia 928, which appears to be much more common on eBay right now.) It is possible I may buy a Lumia 928 straight from Verizon for $500, get the $25 gift card (the promotion runs through 6/23), and pay it off in 2-3 months. (The negative of buying it through Verizon rather than eBay is the lack of a "Bill Me Later" like option with no interest financing if you pay off your item within 6 months, but it appears Verizon's new full price, deferred payment option isn't too bad.)

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
So I have a S3 and am seriously considering the 928 tomorrow. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is if I can use it as a hotspot for my computer and ps3. I rooted my s3 and was able to bypass the having to pay thing. Is that possible on the 928?

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So I have a S3 and am seriously considering the 928 tomorrow. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is if I can use it as a hotspot for my computer and ps3. I rooted my s3 and was able to bypass the having to pay thing. Is that possible on the 928?

As far as I know, no. I'm assuming you are using unlimited data. If you're on a share everything plan, tethering is included. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay extra.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, no. I'm assuming you are using unlimited data. If you're on a share everything plan, tethering is included. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay extra.

Yeah, you may have to actually comply with their terms of service and not break the law. Poor guy :eek:rly:

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I figure if they get over on me I do the same. Oh well. I'm at the VZW store now. The rep is telling me its only good for the camera.

Sadly a lot of VZW store experiences are like that.... Criminally underinformed and weirdly biased against it. When I went to check it out I said I was looking for the Lumia 928 and he gave me a blank stare and then just started walking randomly to the back of the store. He walked past the display and I said 'it's right there,' and he just sort of laughed. *****.

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Well I am now a proud owner of a black 928. Despite the rep telling me this has less apps than Blackberry (my wife has Z10 and talk about no apps) I picked it up. Have no need for a million apps that do the same thing.

At any rate love the feel of this phone. All black looks nice, especially with this deep rich black screen. Camera is top notch, which I expected. Just a brief description of my very brief time with it. Anyways glad I made the switch.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I am now a proud owner of a black 928. Despite the rep telling me this has less apps than Blackberry (my wife has Z10 and talk about no apps) I picked it up. Have no need for a million apps that do the same thing.

At any rate love the feel of this phone. All black looks nice, especially with this deep rich black screen. Camera is top notch, which I expected. Just a brief description of my very brief time with it. Anyways glad I made the switch.

Welcome aboard! I'm finally going to get mine Sunday after months of prowling these boards!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations, man! I didn't know they were carrying black in the stores now. How do your buttons look? Flawless & white? :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077