NOKIA LUMIA 928: Anybody have it yet or planning to purchase!

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I'm finally going to get mine Sunday after months of prowling these boards!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I was the same way. I was BlackBerry until the original droid came out and have been Android ever since. The 920 was something that finally had me considering something outside of Android. And since finding these forums I've been reading every day debating. I'm happy I made the jump and I'm sure you will be too!

pcsavvy

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger on a white 928 through Wirefly for 99 cents. Waiting for it to be shipped today. Looking forward to getting it in a few days.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
This past weekend I started actively looking for NIB Nokia Lumia 928 listings on eBay. (I have grandfathered unlimited data on one of my lines and want to have the option of dropping my second line when the contract for that line, ironically created when I bought my HTC Trophy, is completed near the end of this year.) There are currently slim pickings for the black Nokia Lumia 928. (I really don't like the look of the white-backed Lumia 928, which appears to be much more common on eBay right now.) It is possible I may buy a Lumia 928 straight from Verizon for $500, get the $25 gift card (the promotion runs through 6/23), and pay it off in 2-3 months. (The negative of buying it through Verizon rather than eBay is the lack of a "Bill Me Later" like option with no interest financing if you pay off your item within 6 months, but it appears Verizon's new full price, deferred payment option isn't too bad.)

Just to follow up, I bought a Lumia 928 NIB off eBay for $455 on 6/23, received it in the mail on 6/26, and was finally able to get to a VZW store to pick up the SIM card on 6/30. (I took a day trip to New York via bus on Friday and came back overnight during the overnight hours early on Saturday, and didn't want to have a brand new device with an untrained battery with me on the trip. It then took me a day to recover from being up 26+ hours straight - I pretty much can't sleep in vehicles - hence the delay in getting the SIM card until Sunday.)

I like the additional information available for a single e-mail on the lock screen, but would like information about multiple e-mails on the lock screen, ala iOS.

cgallaer

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Ordered my 928 from Verizon over the weekend for $49 on contract. Got it on Wednesday and played with it all day yesterday. I love it so far.

bub_33

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm an iPhone user considering switching to Windows 8. I am on Verizon. I know AT&T is getting the 1020. Should i wait? Is Verizon getting a newer version soon?

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm an iPhone user considering switching to Windows 8. I am on Verizon. I know AT&T is getting the 1020. Should i wait? Is Verizon getting a newer version soon?

There are always murmurs of new devices and things in the pipeline, but my educated guess is that Verizon won't see any new Windows Phones (new meaning better specced/actually new hardware) til the fall. September/October at the earliest.

At this point no one knows for sure, though, we can only speculate. I have the 928 and I love it. If your iPhone is doing fine and you can keep waiting, that's what I would do if I were you. I would have waited longer but my Galaxy Nexus was becoming a big pain to use.

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have an upgrade on August 5 and I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting that day when I stroll into my VZW store and pick one up :). (Moving to my first WP from a 4s.)

But it seems some people are leaning towards waiting --- I had never really considered that as I've been planning this purchase since the 928 came out...

Still, a part of me is saying wait, but I'll most likely go ahead and buy it :).

sonerb81

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I was on the same boat with you and bought the L928 today. AFAIK, exclusivity deal for L920 with ATT lasted for 6 months. I think it will be similar with the L1020. I didn't want to wait that long. Plus, when it becomes available on Verizon, I will sell the L928 and buy the L1020.

I have an upgrade on August 5 and I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting that day when I stroll into my VZW store and pick one up :). (Moving to my first WP from a 4s.)

But it seems some people are leaning towards waiting --- I had never really considered that as I've been planning this purchase since the 928 came out...

Still, a part of me is saying wait, but I'll most likely go ahead and buy it :).

Why wait? With technology there is no point in waiting since there is always something new and exciting coming. Buy the L928 now and switch to L102x when it becomes available in Verizon.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I wish they came in a red color AT LEAST. makes me le sad :( I might get it if i can find a good cover for it. (by good i mean colourfull)

I have seen several auctions on ebay for red covers. I just bought a 928 for $417!! As long as the ESN comes back clean, I'll be getting a red cover as well.

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Gonna get a 928 here soon! Really soon, my contract is up in a few days. Super excited, can't wait to have a Windows Phone! :D

EDIT:
Nevermind will probably get it later in August. *tears*

Last edited:

Square85

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a White 928 last Friday as my current phone broke from it's first drop ever. I had a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD in an Otterbox Commuter case and it slipped out of my hand and fell face down onto a linoleum floor. I picked up the phone and realized the screen was cracked on the second layer of the LCD and my display stopped working. I called Verizon to see if I could possibly get a deal as I have been with them for a number of years and did not have insurance (don't believe in it). This is the first time I have ever broken a phone on fault of my own in over ten years of having phones.

I spoke to a nice rep who looked at my account and said I was available to get $400 off the retail price of a 4G phone as long as I signed a new two year agreement. I was only six months into my contract with my Droid so I didn't mind extending for another six months. My wife who has a 822 was only eligible to receive $50 off the retail price of a phone when I asked. I was told that it is based on longevity with them, the type of phone that is on the specific line, and the discount ranges from $50-$400 off the retail price of a 4G phone. Apparently this is a new promotion that started a few weeks ago and the reps in the store I went into referred to it as "S2".

I always had my phone in cases, especially Otterboxes, over the years and was shocked to see the phone broke while in the Commuter case. I always had my eye on the 928 as my wife has a 822 and I was always quietly admired its fluidity. So long story short, I was able to pick up the 928 for $80 and extended my contract for 6 months. It came to $80 because: $450 - $400 = $50 + $30 = $80. I was charged the upgrade fee but whatever, I'm still ahead of the game and didn't have to pay $450 + tax on the phone.

So far, I'm not missing my Droid at all and the app situation isn't as serious people are making it sound.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got my 925 this past Friday and love it. I (personally) am now in Microsoft's ecosystem entirely. Now all I have to do is move my wife (she has a GS3) eventually.

I do have one question though. How do I get the email to automatically download embedded images? On Android it was sender specific; meaning if you received an email from somebody you recognize you could click "automatically download images from this sender" option. How do I do that with Windows Phone 8? It's a tad annoying having do that for every email I receive.

Thanks.
TG

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 925 and the only real difference is the camera. The 925 also takes really good images as well. The phone is snappy and very responsive.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got my 925 this past Friday and love it. I (personally) am now in Microsoft's ecosystem entirely. Now all I have to do is move my wife (she has a GS3) eventually.

I do have one question though. How do I get the email to automatically download embedded images? On Android it was sender specific; meaning if you received an email from somebody you recognize you could click "automatically download images from this sender" option. How do I do that with Windows Phone 8? It's a tad annoying having do that for every email I receive.

Thanks.
TG

There is no way to do this on Windows Phone 8. It is a "feature" meant for security purposes and to reduce data usage, or so I've read. I agree, that it can be a bit of a hassle.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My company pays for our phones and for a long while they provided just BlackBerrys. Recently, they started allowing us to choose a device. So, everyone jumped on the iPhone bandwagon. However, I kept my BlackBerry Bold 9930 waiting to see how the new BlackBerry 10 OS would work. While the BB 10 OS is great, it does not integrate with our Outlook Exchange Server as well as my Bold 9930. I did a little research on the Lumia 928 and discovered that it would integrate just as well as my Bold. I've had my Lumia 928 for a week now and I love it - and so do others who look/use it. In fact, I was in a bar with some friends, explaining how well it syncs with our Outlook and how wonderful MS Office is on the device. All the while, there was an iPhone user next to us who kept trying to look over the shoulder of one of my friends to get a glimpse of my Lumia 928. I believe he was jealous.

FYI - I also have Yahoo Mail and Google Mail accounts on this Lumia 928. They are working for me - including the Google Calender! I love how I can see my Outlook Calendar and my Google Calendar on the same display without having to use a 3rd party app or use the internet browser.

So, if you use Windows 7 for desktop/laptop software; use MS Office for productivity and use Outlook with an exchange server as email client, then it is a no-brainer. You have to go with a Windows Phone. And for just a penny (see Amazon), how could you go wrong?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine about a week and a half ago. Found a good deal on eBay. I dumped my Galaxy Note II for few reasons. 1. The phablets are nice, but after owning one for about six months I realized they are just way to big to conveniently use, but to small (for me) to use as a tablet; 2. I dumped my Galaxy Note 10.1 for a Surface Pro and finally decided to be completely within the Microsoft Ecosystem. Finally, Android OS is good and there are plenty of useful apps, but the problem I saw was that it seemed so haphazard. I can understand why people like iOS; there is no haphazardness in iOS or WP8. My 928 does everything my Note II can do; except for the stylus (which I hardly ever used), but does several other things better than my Note II. I also don't feel like I need a ground guide whenever I pulled my Note II out of my pocket.

esskayess

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I like the additional information available for a single e-mail on the lock screen, but would like information about multiple e-mails on the lock screen, ala iOS.

I got my NIB off Swappa. works great! I had purchased the 822 for 99 cents off wirefly in November, but just could not resist the 928. The picture capabilities are so much more better than the 822 (not that the 822 was bad at all), but the 928 is in another league altogether. Simply swapped in my old 822 SIM card into the 928 and everything just appeared in the 928, that was just so painless.

Regarding email notification, I keep my calendar as the main display on the lock screen, but I would link all the mailboxes you want on the lock screen and then choose the Linked mailbox as the main display on the lock-screen. Or you can also show the number of emails as a secondary display on the lock-screen.

cheers :smile:

Last edited:

jridgers

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Just got my white one with the great sale Verizon is offering (free). I had an 822 before but didn't like the form factor and returned the phone. I'm just in love with my 928 and don't miss my iPhone 4 at all. Still learning new tricks and getting into the groove. Very happy I switched and as long as Microsoft doesn't do anything crazy I will most likely be a long time user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett