First impressions are popping up

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't even care if the 3.5 is on the bottom but the usb should ALWAYS be on the bottom! There is absolutely no good for it being on the top!

I think it was a design choice because if you think about it, you get to use the phone a bit more freely with it on the top. You can hold the bottom while using the phone and do not have to maneuver around the cord. I'm picturing it and it makes sense in my mind...LOL.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Having headphone and charging port on the same side is awesome! Apple did it with the iPhone 5. Glad nokias following suit.
Great for when your in youre car.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I prefer both on the same end, but the argument for docks, I would guess that they would counter with the suggestion of wireless charging and BT streaming, so there is no need for a dock.

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Having headphone and charging port on the same side is awesome! Apple did it with the iPhone 5. Glad nokias following suit.
Great for when your in youre car.

I was just going to say it really helps when I am in the car I feel like the strain on the phone and cables are a lot less with them on top, I can either stand the phone up, or lay it down on its side (options are nice) with the charging port on bottom I have to lay it on its side.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The headline for the Business Insider article is; "Nokia's New Lumia Phone Is Still Thick, Heavy, And Covered In Plastic"

Well, that explains the switch to aluminum with the 925. It goes to show how stupid people can be in their fixation on the superfluous.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I prefer both on the same end, but the argument for docks, I would guess that they would counter with the suggestion of wireless charging and BT streaming, so there is no need for a dock.

while I totally agree with that, im just not quite ready to invest in a wireless car charger. I have a phone mount on my dash but I don't want to run a cable up and around to the top of the device, I prefer bottom hands down!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the design. I saw in one thread someone said "that's a beautiful phone." Really?? The 928 is not an impressive looking phone, compared to all the other phones in the Verizon store. It has some good specs and features, but I don't see how anyone could call it a beautiful phone. If Nokia really wanted to attract buyers, they should have created a phone that is unique, like HTC designed the 8X or the Galaxy line. Yeah, beautiful is in the eye of the beholder, but compared to the Samsung androids and the Iphone 5, I just don't see the beauty. And they should have come out with some colors on the first day. You can buy an iphone in black and white!

This just shows how subjective these things are. I think the 928 looks a hell of a lot better than anything else on Verizon with the razr a distant second. I have hated the galaxy design and they haven't changed it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
while I totally agree with that, im just not quite ready to invest in a wireless car charger. I have a phone mount on my dash but I don't want to run a cable up and around to the top of the device, I prefer bottom hands down!

I can understand that. I see you're a developer - are you on dvlup.com (got any Windows Phone apps? Port ModernCalc to WP?)? I've got enough points that as soon as they list the wireless carcharger, I'm going to snatch one up free.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I can understand that. I see you're a developer - are you on dvlup.com (got any Windows Phone apps? Port ModernCalc to WP?)? I've got enough points that as soon as they list the wireless carcharger, I'm going to snatch one up free.

I've actually got 2 games and 2 apps being made right now for Windows Phone. I'm waiting for my final exams to end so I can finish them up and buy a license! (I've got the student one, but you can't sell with a student dev license)

im going to look into dvlup, seems awesome!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I was just going to say it really helps when I am in the car I feel like the strain on the phone and cables are a lot less with them on top, I can either stand the phone up, or lay it down on its side (options are nice) with the charging port on bottom I have to lay it on its side.

+1

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've actually got 2 games and 2 apps being made right now for Windows Phone. I'm waiting for my final exams to end so I can finish them up and buy a license! (I've got the student one, but you can't sell with a student dev license)

im going to look into dvlup, seems awesome!

2 games and 2 apps should (depending on whether they meet the requirements) give you plenty of points to get a charger free, IIRC. Check with your area's Nokia Ambassador (or Rich Dunbar if there's none for your area), and see about a free dev token. If you've got 4 things to put in the store waiting in the wings, I'd be surprised if they don't give you one. Also, you may be able to get a Nokia Premium Developer token from them, which includes Telerik Rad Controls for WP, free. It's worth contacting them, for sure.

A Moment of Truth: What Can Nokia Do For Me?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
2 games and 2 apps should (depending on whether they meet the requirements) give you plenty of points to get a charger free, IIRC. Check with your area's Nokia Ambassador (or Rich Dunbar if there's none for your area), and see about a free dev token. If you've got 4 things to put in the store waiting in the wings, I'd be surprised if they don't give you one. Also, you may be able to get a Nokia Premium Developer token from them, which includes Telerik Rad Controls for WP, free. It's worth contacting them, for sure.

A Moment of Truth: What Can Nokia Do For Me?

Oh wow! Thank you for that! I'll definitely look into this, this is awesome!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow! Thank you for that! I'll definitely look into this, this is awesome!
No problem - I'm all about getting as much as I can for free, and there's no reason to keep it all to myself. :wink: Make sure you let them know you have four apps to put out there, and they may ask for xap files to verify that, but really, as helpful as these guys are, I would be surprised if you don't get a dev token at the minimum, and I'd be kind of surprised if they don't give you the Nokia Premium Developer token (which includes RadControls, Windows Phone dev token, 2 Nokia Support tickets, and 1,000,000 hits a month on Buddy - which, depending on your games, could make them even better).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte