First impressions are popping up

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
something really wrong with that photo... where on earth did you find it?! so i can avoid that website because they obviously dont know how to take a photo so how in the heck are they going to have an opinion worth reading about a cameraphone?

EDIT: nm - i know who that is... TheNokiaBlog - Mark Guim...
He should know better than that... long time blogger about Nokia et al.

EDIT 2 :)
Apparently its a pamphlet (brochure) :)
http://thenokiablog.com/2013/05/13/nokia-lumia-928-unboxing/#

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the design. I saw in one thread someone said "that's a beautiful phone." Really?? The 928 is not an impressive looking phone, compared to all the other phones in the Verizon store. It has some good specs and features, but I don't see how anyone could call it a beautiful phone. If Nokia really wanted to attract buyers, they should have created a phone that is unique, like HTC designed the 8X or the Galaxy line. Yeah, beautiful is in the eye of the beholder, but compared to the Samsung androids and the Iphone 5, I just don't see the beauty. And they should have come out with some colors on the first day. You can buy an iphone in black and white!

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I do agree there should have been more colors, but I think the phone looks really nice in white. I would have liked them to use black keys just to give it a little more contrast since the screen makes the phone black on one side and white on the other i think black keys would have really played the two tone aspect up and given it a bit more pop.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I do agree there should have been more colors, but I think the phone looks really nice in white. I would have liked them to use black keys just to give it a little more contrast since the screen makes the phone black on one side and white on the other i think black keys would have really played the two tone aspect up and given it a bit more pop.

i too like the two tone look, but if they made the buttons black, then what would they do when they did bring out those colors?
I am ok with same color buttons...brings a differentiation to it from the 920 (which does have the dark buttons)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Its bloody gorgeous, more in line with the WP design language of clean lines, I wish my 920 looked like that. Reminds me of the Asus WP7 dev phone that was never released.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Reading through some early reviews and the poster above. The one complaint I keep seeing is that the phone is still thick. I did some comparisons with other phones on the market and just don't understand how it is that much thicker than other phones. We are talking about less than 1/10th of an inch in thickness, except the IPhone and virtually the same thickness as the 8x. @gapost if Nokia made their phones to look like the 8x or the Galaxy series than it wouldn't be unique. It would be like all the rest of the phones.

Lumia 928 - 5.23" x 2.71" x .40"
HTC 8x - 5.21" x 2.61" x .40"
IPhone5 - 4.87" x 2.31" x .30"
S4 - 5.38" x 2.74" x .31"
S3 - 5.38" x 2.78" x .34

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather have a so-so looking device that works great than a great-looking device that has mediocre performance. IMO, most Samsung products fit in the latter category.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the design. I saw in one thread someone said "that's a beautiful phone." Really?? The 928 is not an impressive looking phone, compared to all the other phones in the Verizon store. It has some good specs and features, but I don't see how anyone could call it a beautiful phone. If Nokia really wanted to attract buyers, they should have created a phone that is unique, like HTC designed the 8X or the Galaxy line. Yeah, beautiful is in the eye of the beholder, but compared to the Samsung androids and the Iphone 5, I just don't see the beauty. And they should have come out with some colors on the first day. You can buy an iphone in black and white!
I give it to 8X One and I5, but galaxy is beautiful, seriously?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Whats up with Nokia using stone age concept of placing the mini usb port on top? It not only looks UGLY, you can't connect a dock connector. if you are connecting it with a wired charging you have to place it inverted in order to see.

1) Mini USB on bottom and
2) 3.5MM Audio on top

Should be the standard every smartphone manufacturer should follow

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Whats up with Nokia using stone age concept of placing the mini usb port on top? It not only looks UGLY, you can't connect a dock connector. if you are connecting it with a wired charging you have to place it inverted in order to see.

1) Mini USB on bottom and
2) 3.5MM Audio on top

Should be the standard every smartphone manufacturer should follow

I don't even care if the 3.5 is on the bottom but the usb should ALWAYS be on the bottom! There is absolutely no good for it being on the top!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb