05-17-2013 01:24 AM
504 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    I was wondering about inventory at 02301. I'm out here on a business trip. My home zip is center city Philly 19147 but I'm afraid they'll be sold out by the time I get home on Friday. Thanks for all the info you're providing!
    order it online. Will have it on Friday
    05-15-2013 01:33 PM
    80525?
    shipped out today
    05-15-2013 01:33 PM
    What about a black one @ 61273 (verizon store at southpark mall) Will they have it tomorrow?

also TCman if ur ever in my area u get a few free beers on me :P
    jleebiker likes this.
    05-15-2013 01:35 PM
    What do you mean by disclose? They've all acknowledged it and said their getting it. Most the stores said they only have white. So where is the line drawn? Sorry, I'm just trying to learn lol
    Exactly the reason why they aren't allowed. Confused and irritated customer.
    berty6294 likes this.
    05-15-2013 01:37 PM
    What about a black one @ 61273 (verizon store at southpark mall) Will they have it tomorrow?

also TCman if ur ever in my area u get a few free beers on me :P
    as far as I can tell no black color was shipped to stores.

Haha I feel like this has become my second job.
    DavidinCT, antsin3d and MarkyD311 like this.
    05-15-2013 01:40 PM
    forgot to add to my post above that I was able to play with demo 928 (in white) and it met my expectations of awesome. The glass does seem to go edge to edge and the UI was great and responsive. I click off a couple of pics in store. they looked fine... well lit but not really anything spectacular since subject matter was boring (wall of crap phones).

IIt's not a restrictions, it has to do with the mail in rebate
    Not sure what you meant by this TC...

Also, I am pretty sure he has some black stock.
    05-15-2013 01:45 PM
    as far as I can tell no black color was shipped to stores.

Haha I feel like this has become my second job.
    Don't worry, you will be compensated with "Likes" and "Thanks"!
    tcman88 likes this.
    05-15-2013 01:46 PM
    forgot to add to my post above that I was able to play with demo 928 (in white) and it met my expectations of awesome. The glass does seem to go edge to edge and the UI was great and responsive. I click off a couple of pics in store. they looked fine... well lit but not really anything spectacular since subject matter was boring (wall of crap phones).

Not sure what you meant by this TC...

Also, I am pretty sure he has some black stock.
    You won't be able to redeem your mail in rebate because your "purchase" date would of been today
    05-15-2013 01:50 PM
    I am not going back through all the posts here, but someone had asked on availability through Microsoft Store I believe. I went to their live chat and this was the response I got. Unfortunately, the chat was short and still left me with no answer. Guess will have to check back after midnight and see if it shows up on the site. Have not been able to check Best Buy today to see if it has popped up on their system.

John: Will the Nokia Lumia 928 be available through the Microsoft Store on release date, May 16th?
    Toby: Great question! I'd be happy to help you with that!
    Toby: I am sorry, I can't speak for our site and the release date as it hasn't been announced on the site.
    John: figures
    05-15-2013 02:22 PM
    How about 37912 or 37934. Thanks
    05-15-2013 02:22 PM
    My Microsoft Store had "hinted" well over a week ago they'd probably have it when it was released, called today and they will. Don't know about black/white stock, however.
    Try calling your store directly.
    05-15-2013 02:26 PM
    shipped out today
    You rock!
    05-15-2013 02:55 PM
    My Microsoft Store had "hinted" well over a week ago they'd probably have it when it was released, called today and they will. Don't know about black/white stock, however.
    Try calling your store directly.
    I just called my nearest Microsoft store (hour and a half away in a different state) they said they will have the black 928 to sell tomorrow. ROADTRIP!
    05-15-2013 03:09 PM
    There has been some discussion of ordering online with a "pick up at store option."

I just went through with an 822 to see if that option existed and no where on the order screen did I see this option. My only shipping options are 2-day, overnight, priority overnight and saturday priority overnight.

Is there somewhere else where you can select pick up in-store?
    05-15-2013 03:17 PM
    Spoke to my local Microsoft store (Century City/Los Angeles) and they already have the Lumia 928 in stock. They said off contract pricing will go for $500, but they don't know about on contract pricing yet as Verizon itself doesn't have an order page (though they're guessing $150 because that's Verizon's pre-MIR price). My local Verizon corporate locations will all be stocking the 928 tomorrow, but they wouldn't allow me to reserve one, and you still have to deal with the MIR with the corporate stores. Been trying to find out with local Best Buys, but their information is incomplete and inconsistent. One Best Buy location I called is confident they will be carrying the device very soon, but is unsure if it will be in on day 1.
    05-15-2013 03:26 PM
    For the millionth time WHOEVER that wants to sale the 928 was able to order it at 5pm EST yesterday. ALL CORP stores in ALL 50 states will have the phone in stock sometime tomorrow. Limited quantity isn't because of device supply shortage it's because of WP devices performance. Microsoft, Amazon, Bestbuy, RadioShack, Target etc can sale the phone. When and how much is up to them. There is no limited supply unless 928 performs better than iPhone in sales
    Our corporate rep has been trying to order the phone for me since yesterday and the Verizon system won't accept his order because it's not May 16th yet -- just keeps kicking it out. So, not sure what the deal is there. But, he said the system will allow him to do it first thing tomorrow morning for a receipt date on Friday. Oh well.
    05-15-2013 03:26 PM
    There has been some discussion of ordering online with a "pick up at store option."

I just went through with an 822 to see if that option existed and no where on the order screen did I see this option. My only shipping options are 2-day, overnight, priority overnight and saturday priority overnight.

It's not available in your area.
    05-15-2013 03:27 PM

I can let you know when I order the 928. I mentioned it at one point on one of threads, but have not used it. I only saw the option advertised on the VZW website when I was browsing phones about 3 weeks ago when I broke my 8x. Towards the top of the smartphone page it advertises the below:

New! Complete your order online and pick it up at a store near you.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=UyKLwJ46
    diego15nets and ArvydasGOAT like this.
    05-15-2013 03:28 PM
    TC, Can you check 23602? thanks!
    05-15-2013 03:35 PM
    I can let you know when I order the 928. I mentioned it at one point on one of threads, but have not used it. I only saw the option advertised on the VZW website when I was browsing phones about 3 weeks ago when I broke my 8x. Towards the top of the smartphone page it advertises the below:

New! Complete your order online and pick it up at a store near you.
    Set Your Location
    I definitely believe you, but I'm not seeing the option anywhere on my screen... odd. I guess I'll check tomorrow when I wake up.

FWIW, I tried chatting with a "sales agent" and the person told me it was possible. I asked where in the order process I am able to select that option, and they sales agent literally took over 10 minutes to come back with, "It would be on the main page of the phone, before you click add to cart either right above or below the add to cart button. It depends if the phone is online exclusive or if a local store has it in stock"

I hope this helps someone tomorrow, but I looked at about ten different phones on Verizon.com and NONE of them appeared to have this option.
    05-15-2013 03:44 PM
    FYI for anybody trying to get a Black 928, every single Microsoft store I have called, says they will have them in stock for tomorrow!
    05-15-2013 03:49 PM
    ArvydasGoat, the In-Store Pickup service is not available everywhere (as TC mentioned) and not every item is as well.

Eligible Locations
    Last edited by Vallos; 05-15-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    ArvydasGOAT likes this.
    05-15-2013 03:51 PM
    05-15-2013 03:54 PM
    Just spoke to a Verizon rep via chat, and here's a little bit more info I got:
    - In California (where I am), the order online and pick up in store option should be available as long as they have it in stock wherever you want to pick it up.
    - Very small processing delay with those types of orders, so you should theoretically be able to place the order, print out whatever confirmation they give you and go pick it up in store 15 minutes later.
    - The $50 MIR that's in stores should hopefully be an Instant Rebate online, but that may not necessarily be the case. Will just have to see when the order page goes up.

If this is all true, I'm going to check for an order page on Verizon late tonight to see if I can order it and go pick it up in store tomorrow morning. If not, I'll probably head to the Microsoft store near my office in the morning as they do have it in stock, and I still need to get the touch keyboard replaced anyway for my Surface RT.
    05-15-2013 04:03 PM
    ArvydasGoat, the In-Store Pickup service is not available everywhere (as TC mentioned) and not every item is as well.

Eligible Locations
    ahh... makes sense now. I live in Oregon, which has ZERO eligible stores. :)
    05-15-2013 04:20 PM
504 ... 1314151617 ...