928 Able to buy in store on 05/16?

Streak Leader

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local Verizon store today to ask whether they would have the 928 in stock to purchase on 05/16. I wasn't shocked to discover that no one really knew what was going on. I was told that there was nothing in their system for pre-ordering it. I was also told that because the 16th was the release date, they likely wouldn't have them in until the 17th...

None of this seemed right to me. Has anyone else been in a Verizon store to ask about this?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Honest Abe has said on another thread that it is normal for them to get new released phones delivered to the store on the day of release. I wouldn't sweat it. They may not have them first thing in the morning, but they'll have them that day.

Streak Leader

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Of course, I will still go around opening time. The 16th happens to be my birthday and the 928 is my present to myself!!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just called 4 Verizon stores in the area. None of them knew when it would be released let alone when they would have them. One however said, I could come in and pre-order it.

/shrug

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
All corporate stores will get the phone before Thursday but limited quantity. ( Washington DC and San Diego area will have plenty in stock)

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Reps generally have no knowledge of what is coming in shipments. Management can sometimes look it up a day or 2 before shipment arrives...but definitely won't know much further out than that.

But no reason to think that the stores won't have it on the 16th. Just call before heading down to the store.

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
As you seem to be in the know, how is it possible that employees in a corporate store are so ignorant of what the corporation sells?

I will concede, albeit, still somewhat in awe, that the sales associate may not know about new items coming down the pipe, but I then spoke with the store manager, or someone acting as manager, and they were just as lost as the associate.

It doesn't instill a sense of confidence with the brand.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

GolferChris68

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
As you seem to be in the know, how is it possible that employees in a corporate store are so ignorant of what the corporation sells?

I will concede, albeit, still somewhat in awe, that the sales associate may not know about new items coming down the pipe, but I then spoke with the store manager, or someone acting as manager, and they were just as lost as the associate.

It doesn't instill a sense of confidence with the brand.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

It's troubling. You would think that Verizon reps would be aware and educated about new phones. But alas, most of the reps I've ever dealt with are pretty clueless about the phones they are selling.

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
While there should be no reason why any rep shouldn't have known about when it was launching (after the official announcement of course), its quite common in the wireless industry for stores to not know inventory numbers for phone launches more than 2 days in advance. Just ask any T-Mobile rep about the HTC One launch...

But unfortunately, there are also many reps that don't care about anything besides Apple and Android because that's what most of the customers ask for. You are absolutely right about it not showing confidence in the brand...because a lot of reps don't, and mainly because they still think that WP8 still has no apps.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
TC or Abe how can I tell if a store in my area is a corporate store? My fiancee and I really want to pick up this device on Thursday but aren't sure. Should I call the stores in my area?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
You guys obviously didn't buy a Trophy at or near launch. This is SOP with Verizon and it'll be very inconsistent and frustrating for about 3-4 weeks. Patience is all I can recommend unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb