928 Able to buy in store on 05/16?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Haha oh yay, just called that store again, this lady said they haven't even gotten their shipments in yet so there's no way to tell. I love the games these a-holes play!

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I just stopped by store to try and purchase 3 they had in stock. We got mostly through the process but then the cpu had a pop up that blocked everything and said cant sell til 16th.

I feel like I just have to talk to the right person who will let me have it today....

Tried that and store manager clarified and said corporate system WILL NOT release them. So I will be there when they open to finish process.

Of note, the store had no markings at all and you would never know the phone existed. I asked and they said that that is their job tonight; one entire front wall will be splashed with this by the morning.

Also, they only got limited quantities, maybe <5... so if you want this tomorrow I suggest you call and try to lock it down at a store.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just stopped by store to try and purchase 3 they had in stock. We got mostly through the process but then the cpu had a pop up that blocked everything and said cant sell til 16th.

Tried that and store manager clarified and said corporate system WILL NOT release them. So I will be there when they open to finish process.

Of note, the store had no markings at all and you would never know the phone existed. I asked and they said that that is their job tonight; one entire front wall will be splashed with this by the morning.

Also, they only got limited quantities, maybe <5... so if you want this tomorrow I suggest you call and try to lock it down at a store.

IIt's not a restrictions, it has to do with the mail in rebate

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
employees are not allowed to disclose upcoming phones. So it can go either way

What do you mean by disclose? They've all acknowledged it and said their getting it. Most the stores said they only have white. So where is the line drawn? Sorry, I'm just trying to learn lol

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
what is the question?

I was wondering about inventory at 02301. I'm out here on a business trip. My home zip is center city Philly 19147 but I'm afraid they'll be sold out by the time I get home on Friday. Thanks for all the info you're providing!

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll ask this again here... do we know if the microsoft stores will have the 928?

For the millionth time WHOEVER that wants to sale the 928 was able to order it at 5pm EST yesterday. ALL CORP stores in ALL 50 states will have the phone in stock sometime tomorrow. Limited quantity isn't because of device supply shortage it's because of WP devices performance. Microsoft, Amazon, Bestbuy, RadioShack, Target etc can sale the phone. When and how much is up to them. There is no limited supply unless 928 performs better than iPhone in sales

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering about inventory at 02301. I'm out here on a business trip. My home zip is center city Philly 19147 but I'm afraid they'll be sold out by the time I get home on Friday. Thanks for all the info you're providing!

order it online. Will have it on Friday

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What about a black one @ 61273 (verizon store at southpark mall) Will they have it tomorrow?

also TCman if ur ever in my area u get a few free beers on me :p

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by disclose? They've all acknowledged it and said their getting it. Most the stores said they only have white. So where is the line drawn? Sorry, I'm just trying to learn lol

Exactly the reason why they aren't allowed. Confused and irritated customer.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
forgot to add to my post above that I was able to play with demo 928 (in white) and it met my expectations of awesome. The glass does seem to go edge to edge and the UI was great and responsive. I click off a couple of pics in store. they looked fine... well lit but not really anything spectacular since subject matter was boring (wall of crap phones).

IIt's not a restrictions, it has to do with the mail in rebate
Not sure what you meant by this TC...

Also, I am pretty sure he has some black stock.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
forgot to add to my post above that I was able to play with demo 928 (in white) and it met my expectations of awesome. The glass does seem to go edge to edge and the UI was great and responsive. I click off a couple of pics in store. they looked fine... well lit but not really anything spectacular since subject matter was boring (wall of crap phones).

Not sure what you meant by this TC...

Also, I am pretty sure he has some black stock.

You won't be able to redeem your mail in rebate because your "purchase" date would of been today

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not going back through all the posts here, but someone had asked on availability through Microsoft Store I believe. I went to their live chat and this was the response I got. Unfortunately, the chat was short and still left me with no answer. Guess will have to check back after midnight and see if it shows up on the site. Have not been able to check Best Buy today to see if it has popped up on their system.

John: Will the Nokia Lumia 928 be available through the Microsoft Store on release date, May 16th?
Toby: Great question! I'd be happy to help you with that!
Toby: I am sorry, I can't speak for our site and the release date as it hasn't been announced on the site.
John: figures

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077