928 Able to buy in store on 05/16?

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
My Microsoft Store had "hinted" well over a week ago they'd probably have it when it was released, called today and they will. Don't know about black/white stock, however.
Try calling your store directly.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My Microsoft Store had "hinted" well over a week ago they'd probably have it when it was released, called today and they will. Don't know about black/white stock, however.
Try calling your store directly.

I just called my nearest Microsoft store (hour and a half away in a different state) they said they will have the black 928 to sell tomorrow. ROADTRIP!

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
There has been some discussion of ordering online with a "pick up at store option."

I just went through with an 822 to see if that option existed and no where on the order screen did I see this option. My only shipping options are 2-day, overnight, priority overnight and saturday priority overnight.

Is there somewhere else where you can select pick up in-store?

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Spoke to my local Microsoft store (Century City/Los Angeles) and they already have the Lumia 928 in stock. They said off contract pricing will go for $500, but they don't know about on contract pricing yet as Verizon itself doesn't have an order page (though they're guessing $150 because that's Verizon's pre-MIR price). My local Verizon corporate locations will all be stocking the 928 tomorrow, but they wouldn't allow me to reserve one, and you still have to deal with the MIR with the corporate stores. Been trying to find out with local Best Buys, but their information is incomplete and inconsistent. One Best Buy location I called is confident they will be carrying the device very soon, but is unsure if it will be in on day 1.

CBAviator

May 8, 2013
Visit site
For the millionth time WHOEVER that wants to sale the 928 was able to order it at 5pm EST yesterday. ALL CORP stores in ALL 50 states will have the phone in stock sometime tomorrow. Limited quantity isn't because of device supply shortage it's because of WP devices performance. Microsoft, Amazon, Bestbuy, RadioShack, Target etc can sale the phone. When and how much is up to them. There is no limited supply unless 928 performs better than iPhone in sales

Our corporate rep has been trying to order the phone for me since yesterday and the Verizon system won't accept his order because it's not May 16th yet -- just keeps kicking it out. So, not sure what the deal is there. But, he said the system will allow him to do it first thing tomorrow morning for a receipt date on Friday. Oh well.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There has been some discussion of ordering online with a "pick up at store option."

I just went through with an 822 to see if that option existed and no where on the order screen did I see this option. My only shipping options are 2-day, overnight, priority overnight and saturday priority overnight.

It's not available in your area.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I can let you know when I order the 928. I mentioned it at one point on one of threads, but have not used it. I only saw the option advertised on the VZW website when I was browsing phones about 3 weeks ago when I broke my 8x. Towards the top of the smartphone page it advertises the below:

New! Complete your order online and pick it up at a store near you.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...//www.verizon.com/smartphones/&token=yX4ciwYM

ArvydasGOAT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I can let you know when I order the 928. I mentioned it at one point on one of threads, but have not used it. I only saw the option advertised on the VZW website when I was browsing phones about 3 weeks ago when I broke my 8x. Towards the top of the smartphone page it advertises the below:

New! Complete your order online and pick it up at a store near you.
Set Your Location

I definitely believe you, but I'm not seeing the option anywhere on my screen... odd. I guess I'll check tomorrow when I wake up.

FWIW, I tried chatting with a "sales agent" and the person told me it was possible. I asked where in the order process I am able to select that option, and they sales agent literally took over 10 minutes to come back with, "It would be on the main page of the phone, before you click add to cart either right above or below the add to cart button. It depends if the phone is online exclusive or if a local store has it in stock"

I hope this helps someone tomorrow, but I looked at about ten different phones on Verizon.com and NONE of them appeared to have this option.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
FYI for anybody trying to get a Black 928, every single Microsoft store I have called, says they will have them in stock for tomorrow!

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Just spoke to a Verizon rep via chat, and here's a little bit more info I got:
- In California (where I am), the order online and pick up in store option should be available as long as they have it in stock wherever you want to pick it up.
- Very small processing delay with those types of orders, so you should theoretically be able to place the order, print out whatever confirmation they give you and go pick it up in store 15 minutes later.
- The $50 MIR that's in stores should hopefully be an Instant Rebate online, but that may not necessarily be the case. Will just have to see when the order page goes up.

If this is all true, I'm going to check for an order page on Verizon late tonight to see if I can order it and go pick it up in store tomorrow morning. If not, I'll probably head to the Microsoft store near my office in the morning as they do have it in stock, and I still need to get the touch keyboard replaced anyway for my Surface RT.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
FYI for anybody trying to get a Black 928, every single Microsoft store I have called, says they will have them in stock for tomorrow!

I'm still a bit skeptical. I called mine and she also said that my location will have black and white but the person I talked to wasn't even from the store, it was from a call center. Because she said to show up at 9 a.m. to get it and I know for a fact that the store doesn't open until 10 a.m. So she said she thought I was right and she had to "check". She came back on and said that I was right and it was 10 a.m. I could tell that she wasn't physically at the store.

So in short, I will believe it when I see it! But you better bet your bottom that I will be there at 10 a.m.!!

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
VZW store next to the office I'm working at near Boston just told me they got a bunch in stock and I'll have no problem getting a white version at 9am tomorrow. Woo!

tyrok

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
When can we expect to be able to order online? Midnight tonight? Is the free 2-day shipping good enough to get it by Friday or will I have to pay for overnight?

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
When can we expect to be able to order online? Midnight tonight? Is the free 2-day shipping good enough to get it by Friday or will I have to pay for overnight?

Use FIFTYRMN as a promo code should cover the 12.99 over night shipping. It looks like we've gone att and start charging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss