So if I want to order online, I'll have to wait until Thursday or walk in the store. This is problematic as my company is paying for the phone via the corporate credit card which has the name of my CFO on it. So I'm not going to stroll in the Verizon store with a CC with a woman's name on it and expect to walk out with a phone.

Is there any way I can buy the phone online and then pick it up at the store the same day? Anyways, first world problems...

But it's funny how the phone launches on Thursday and it's Tuesday and I can't even preorder the 928 on Verizon's website. Another day, another carrier hyping Virusdroid phones more than Windows Phones.
    bhiranya likes this.
    05-14-2013 08:33 AM
    At the end of the day, Verizon is a business, not a charity. They will promote what sells.

But how do you expect Windows Phone to sell if you don't promote it? It's a mean cycle. But they are in it to make money, full stop.

It's the same thing with apps; developers won't design apps because there are no users. Users won't come to Windows Phone because there are no apps.
    05-14-2013 09:10 AM
    Heaven forbid you have to buy it online on Thursday, for free with company money I might add, and wait to get it delivered to you on Friday.

Oh the travesty.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    05-14-2013 09:21 AM
    Heaven forbid you have to buy it online on Thursday, for free with company money I might add, and wait to get it delivered to you on Friday.

Oh the travesty.
    Like I said, First World Problems, mayne!

Having to wait a day sucks. But I guess that's the downside to not using my own money. Does Verizon have a purchase online, pick up at the store (same day) option? I was hoping that they at least had it available on the site so that I could purchase it a day before and pick it up at the store.
    05-14-2013 10:20 AM
    Verizon has an option to order online and pick up at the store same day. You could always do that if you do not wish to wait for shipping.
    Arsynic likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:31 AM
    Verizon has an option to order online and pick up at the store same day. You could always do that if you do not wish to wait for shipping.

Oh really?? Never heard of that that would be awesome!
    05-14-2013 12:04 PM
    Just keep in mind if stores in your area don't have it in stock then you are stuck with shipping. It is a new option that is advertised on the website. I haven't personally used but saw it when I was browsing phones several weeks ago.
    scooterbro1956 likes this.
    05-14-2013 12:13 PM