Anyone know if the Microsoft Stores will be getting this on Thursday?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for Worst Buy to carry it, because that's how I got my 822 free on launch day - they matched Walmart Wireless' online free price. This is one of the FEW times I'll go to Worst Buy for ANYTHING.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to Best Buy earlier today in my area and so far the phone doesn't even show up in their system. Was hoping they would have it in stock day one as I could just use my reward points.

carajean

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have a Buy Back with BB so I would get money for my old phone.
By the 928 out right save my upgrade for next march for a better device.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sitting in Microsoft Store Atlanta, using their WiFi and JBL Power Up speaker to charge my phone, play Pandora, and restore the backup from my L822, while playing with a Surface Pro. It doesn't get much better than this.

Note - if you have an old phone you're going to not use anymore, bring it. I used the recycle program to get $63 for my day one Trophy, and got another $25 credit for taking the BingItOn challenge. Of course, I didn't actually take the challenge - I did that on my own months ago. The guy believed me because I walked in with my Windows Phone shirt on, a Trophy to recycle, an 822 that I was already using, and a Microsoft Press pen in my pocket. :wink:

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
FINALLY :) someone confirms they have them at Microsoft stores!! :) I have been asking this in different threads for a week now:)
THANKS!

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
What are the advantages to getting it in MS stores? Are there any taxes, activation fees or discounts?

$50 taken off at register rather than mail-in rebate.
But no $25 gift card.
They also offer an insurance policy they claim is cheaper ($99 vs whatever per month) and better (new replacements rather than refurb) if insurance is your thing.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Judge. Does the $50 work on full price phones? And I thought that the $25 Windows app promo was a MS promo where you can use your IMEI number to get the promo. Not sure though...

rockyct

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I think I'll stop by the Microsoft store first then and check it out. I've never had an insurance policy on a phone but for $100 it may be worth it considering I'd rather not put a case on the phone. I have a Trophy as well, but I'd rather keep it as it's still in perfect condition even after 2 years.

rockyct

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I did end up getting my 928 from the San Diego Microsoft store. They had sold 9 of the 10 they got. I also got the protection plan as the deductible is $50. After the Bing it on challenge, the total price was $180.

McSlappy

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Live near Chicago. Best Buy's around here didn't have a demo nor actual for sale units. The Verizon store I went too had a demo you could actually play with running however none of the stores they checked had any inventory for sale. I got mine at the Microsoft store in Oak Brook mall. They only have the white ones till next week which was fine for me. Never had anything other then a black phone before so figured trying a different color for a chance could be interesting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos